Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Nali Weapons 3 - Release

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 14:10

UPDATE: The final version is finished, and is now being tested by an internal small team of beta-testers, and therefore a few days from now up to 1 or 2 weeks it should be released to public. I won't give an exact date since it depends mostly on the beta-team and a few things I have to prepare beforehand along with it.

In the meanwhile I present the last 2 oversurrection videos: UltimaProtos and Cybot Launcher (it's highly suggested to play them in HD).

UltimaProtos Oversurrection: This is the most powerful oversurrection (who knew?...), and is also a "game finisher", which means that whatever gametype you use it in, once it ends the match is instantly won (this can of course be configured in the settings, and thus disabled is so wanted).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zm31YjcBk

Cybot Launcher Oversurrection: This is the second most powerful oversurrection, but it's not a game finisher. It spawns a "master cybot" which controls a swarm of dozens of smaller cybots. They all have a limited amount of health however, so you can generally beat it with another oversurrection (curious fact: during testing, a bot used the IRPR oversurrection to "clean" most of my cybots swarm, which was interesting).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaTuKpavdRM

Before the public final release, I will also release a new version of the standalone gore system that I developed and released half a year ago (mainly with bug fixes and new options).

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 18:16

That all looks very cool. Not sure if it's any fun in gameplay terms though. From the looks of it if someone from the opposite team uses the oversurrection you die as soon as you spawn pretty much?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 19:49

Holy shit you created a supernova in UE1
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 20:04

That....really was cool. Like....really really cool.

You need to be on a SP dev team :)

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014, 20:36

I second that!

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014, 19:43

Thanks everyone :)

Frieza wrote:That all looks very cool. Not sure if it's any fun in gameplay terms though. From the looks of it if someone from the opposite team uses the oversurrection you die as soon as you spawn pretty much?

Not exactly. They have a wide range, and do spawn kill a lot but only depending where they are at.
But it takes some time to oversurrect a weapon (as you may have noticed), and the player is vulnerable during this time.
On another hand, although they have this devastating effect, there are settings in the mod to tone them down to almost nothingness (be either in their duration, damage, range, etc), and you can tackle some of them back with another oversurrection (for example, while testing a bot used the IRPR oversurrection to fight successfully my Cybot Launcher oversurrection).

In the case of the UltimaProtos oversurrection (or even the Cybot Launcher), they are very hard to get in normal gameplay: basically both the Oversurrector itself and those 2 weapons are "super-weapons", which means that in UT they all replace the Redeemer, and never at the same time, which by extent means that you have to be able to survive long enough to get 2 super-weapons, and these ones exactly (even in CTF-Face, the super-weapons variation is so great that having a Oversurrector and a Ultima or Cybot in the other side is hard).

So, in order to use the UltimaProtos oversurrection, you need either to be a very good player, or have a ton of luck, or rely heavily on team-work to pull it off, and that's why it also is a game finisher (by default, which means that this trait of it can be deactivated). :)

Mister_Prophet wrote:You need to be on a SP dev team :)

I did plan to make a SP in the past though (actually the whole concept of the weapons was to be originally used in a campaign with a story of my own in the Unreal universe), but I scrapped the idea (for now) as I want to do something else after I finally release this last version of this mod.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014, 20:14

but you're perfect scripting!,i think that beta-testers never find a bug in the mod.

Edit: To summon the Oversurrector is this?

Summon NWOversurrectorV3.Oversurrector
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014, 15:51

My scripting is not perfect, far from it, it's just tested a lot by myself (and right now by others) in many ways and done in a certain way to minimize bugs. I appreciate the compliment though :)

As for the oversurrector summon, it will be: summon NWTheOversurrectorVIII.TheOversurrector
But it's not released yet though, but it's going to.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014, 22:58

that.. just looked... yum.
Don't think it'll be good for gameplay, but the effects were really good.. great job!
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014, 18:25

that's is just a joke lol

nobody is perfect!
I grant you the ultimate power!

Previous