Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Coop ready Campaigns

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar rork
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Coop ready Campaigns

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012, 18:13

I'm currently running the destination Coop server. It's set up as a standard server running one campaign at the time which is switched every (two) months. I'm looking for SP campaigns of 5 maps or more that are ready for Coop.

Currently I have the following classics:
- Deja Vu
- Project Zephon
- Operation Na Pali
- Xidia Gold
- Seven Bullets (needs some fixes)

Suggested in this thread
- Unreal
- RTNP (technical difficulties?)

Not coop ready:
- RTNP Ultimate edition
- Project Xenome (+ patch)

What is the legal status of providing the original Unreal or Return to Na Pali as UT Coop?
Or has anyone tried running a server for Project Xenome, Nali Chronicles (download seem down) or Legacy?

See also: Running a Co-op server (ut) @ UnrealAdmin wiki
Last edited by rork on 30 Apr 2013, 13:49, edited 3 times in total.
Admin of the dU Coop server: 85.14.203.180:5555 forum

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Coop ready Campaigns

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012, 18:17

Unreal and RTNP can be run on UT Coop without any legal problems (providing RTNP doesn't give you technical issues...).
There's this too viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2187

Patched Xenome should be Coop-friendly now.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012, 18:25

You can definitely run Unreal and RTNP and Epic won't mind. Technically, it might be quasi-legal if people who don't own Unreal or RTNP download the game content through the server, but at this point I highly doubt Epic is going to care or actually pursue anyone who does this. If anything, they should be glad for more players checking out their oldest games. Either way, you have no way of knowing whether or not people already own the games, so you should be in the clear.

Other campaigns can be found under the Custom Map Reviews section of this site, though not all of them are specifically DESIGNED for coop and may be troublesome for design or balance reasons.

Also, two months for a single campaign? Seems like a long time; is that normal? Do players have a map vote ability or do you make a map rotation that loops for 2 months before you switch it up again?

User avatar rork

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04

Nice, I'll have a look at Xenome and RTNP ultimate edition then.

I planned to change the campaign after one month if the campaign is shorter then 10 maps and two months if they're bigger so everybody has the time to finish it. There's a mapvote so you can explore certain maps or pick up where you left. One / two months might look a lot but people aren't playing every evening anymore so it takes a while to get through. I haven't even finished Zephon yet and it's on there for a month :? I'm up for switching more often if required though.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012, 10:26

RTNP Ultimate Edition is not coop-compatible, sadly.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar rork

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013, 13:52

It's been some time since I've updated this. I've tried Project Xenome on a Co-op server but it failed with the Access-code bug in several maps making it hardly playable online. I've tried to create a workaround but failed in my pitty attempts. I hope to find some time to have a look at this because it's a real campaign breaker.

I've updated the first post moving Project Xenome to unplayable and adding a link to the UnrealAdmin wiki where more details can be found.