Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Project Thread]

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014, 20:22

Just saying that the feign death crawling/proning can let you get into some out of bounds areas, it can actually be pretty funny.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Project Thread]

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014, 21:18

Yeah, Bleeder sure had some fun with that on the Prometheus maps in RTNP playthrough on one of the videos :P

SZ

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014, 21:11

updates:

-Implemented Enzyme's new Melee and Knife models.

-Superhealth now an inventory item, can have multiple copies of.
-Superhealth heals 100 health no matter what, allowing you to reach over 200 health now.
-Health and Bandages heal slower now.

Forthcoming updates: Superhealth will be able to revive dead players.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014, 01:41

Top left shot is hilarious! If I was the avatar changing sort of guy that would totally be mine right now :P Mega-devo that I haven't found the time to have a game of RLCOOP yet
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014, 21:32

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Mega-devo that I haven't found the time to have a game of RLCOOP yet

Same here.
I always look at the videos posted and just wish I could take a couple of days off to try RLCOOP-ing

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014, 17:27

Speaking of RLCoop videos...

I was thinking about starting a sort of RLCoop servers, where I'd take requests for levels people wanted to see done in RLCoop, and then I'd attempt to do them solo and record it. Kinda like a "How to solo RLCoop" for certain levels that people wanna see, or think is impossible, etc. What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in that sorta thing?

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar BoneofFear
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014, 01:53

Shivaxi wrote:Speaking of RLCoop videos...

I was thinking about starting a sort of RLCoop servers, where I'd take requests for levels people wanted to see done in RLCoop, and then I'd attempt to do them solo and record it. Kinda like a "How to solo RLCoop" for certain levels that people wanna see, or think is impossible, etc. What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in that sorta thing?

Most Definately
CHOCOLATE DROP!

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014, 17:33

Shivaxi wrote:Speaking of RLCoop videos...

Damn right I'm interested. One of these days I have to redownload all the videos I can find (unfortunately I forgot to move them to a safe location and while cleaning up, deleted all of them).
My first request would be Skaarj Tower (the map with the infamous maze). I played that one on 227 on difficulty=6. It's doable, more than enough ammo for single play, but I realise that I had all weapons available ... so I wonder how someone RL-Cooping solo would fare.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014, 09:11

What if ammo could explode, if you shoot at it? (8ball, flak)
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 21:52

makemeunreal wrote:What if ammo could explode, if you shoot at it? (8ball, flak)

Well there's already a mutator for that, which people can run if they want. Can't say I've tested it with RLCoop before though

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014, 22:26

July Update

What's new?:

-Revive! You can now revive a fallen teammate with the Superhealth by selecting it in your inventory hot bar and then using Grab on a player's body. They MUST have a body to revive, as you will not be able to revive giblets =P
-New smarter inventory saving system that will update a players saved inventory in real time, and remember if a player has died or not so they cannot reconnect and get their stuff back from the beginning of the map, unless everyone dies and the level restarts of course.
-Smarter ledge grabbing system. You will now only grab onto a ledge if there is a ledge to grab onto. You also won't be able to grab onto a ledge anymore if you are falling too fast.
-Wall jump! You can now jump off a wall by running and jumping off the wall while looking in the direction you wish to jump. Same rules apply as ledge grabbing, and you won't be able to wall jump if you are falling downward.
-Updated AI so that monsters with BRAINS_HUMAN can do bLeadTarget and monsters without BRAINS_HUMAN can not do bLeadTarget.

What's forthcoming?:

-Lootable carcasses is in the works again.
-Grab-able carcasses in the works again
-Monsters will be slowed down by the more damage they take.
-Monsters aim will be adjusted so their accuracy is not pinpoint perfect 100% anymore.
-Modifying RLCoop Mutator to fix stock and custom maps to be more compatible with RLCoop gametype.

What's fixed?:

-Fixed falling through movers while prone and then standing.
-Fixed fire offset while prone.
-Fixed telefragging monsters when prone and then standing or when walking and then running

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014, 01:04

Someday we need to organize another Coop event.

As long as I can get 227 back
ImageImage

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014, 02:51

Is there a download link for this anywhere? I've been meaning to give it a run through for ages but I've never been able to sync my schedule with USP people XD
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015, 01:33

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Is there a download link for this anywhere? I've been meaning to give it a run through for ages but I've never been able to sync my schedule with USP people XD

No sorry, I keep meaning to release a version of this finally but I've just been so busy with others things, kinda took a break from RLCoop for a while. We've been messing around with it again though and I have a funny little update to show you guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5uQP-ZWMXY

So yeah, had this idea and asked Bleeder if it'd be possible and walla! We came up with this haha...so...new feature goes like this:

-Holding crouch key while in mid air will cause you to perform a roll upon landing on the ground, in order to avoid taking fall damage, or lessening the damage you would normally take from such a fall, and also prevent you from falling to the ground (feign death) from taking fall damage.

-The height at which a player can fall and NOT take damage has been reduced to a more realistic distance, so be careful making jumps now that you previously could without taking damage, and be sure to do a roll to minimize your fall damage.

Now just to let you guys know, holding crouch to do a roll will not work on heights that are too far, and you will just collapse on the ground like normal. The roll only works if the fall is short enough, keeping things as realistic as possible. Hope to get this feature implemented on the server soon.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015, 21:50

Upon popular request....I give you...

RLCOOP BETA RELEASE!!

RLCoop Beta v1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rild6ir6lmfk ... e.zip?dl=0

Release Notes & Readme:

RLCoop Readme! (Seriously there's some important need to know shit in here)

====================

Navigation:

1. Installing
2. Setup & Controls
3. Running Single Player
4. Running Online Server
5. Mutators
6. How To's
7. KNOWN BUGS:
8. Extra

====================

1. Installing:

Place all files in your system folder of Unreal.

2. Setup & Controls (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):

The game settings for RLCoop are run from within the RLCoopS.ini file, bypassing the normal game settings, so change your server info like AdminPassword etc in the RLCoopS.ini

You MUST do the following or RLCoop will not function properly!

Step 1: Open Unreal, go to Options, then Advanced Options.
Step 2: Navigate to Advanced --> Game Engine Settings. Set bServerSaveInventory to True.
Step 3: Navigate to Networking --> TCP/IP Network play --> ExcludedRPCNames, and input the following entries:

ServerMove
ServerSetHandedness
UpdateWeaponPosition
SetModifiers

Failing to do this will cause players to be kicked from the server repeatedly.

Step 4: Close Unreal and re-launch to save settings.

You must set new controls in order to play RLCoop properly. This can be done by opening console or hitting TAB and typing RLMENU which will open a new window. Then you can hit Set Controls which will set Q and E to leaning, F to grab/pickup, and ALT to the inventory menu.

-or-

You can set the controls manually. The new keybinds are as follows:

button bLeanLeft (Leaning Left)
button bLeanRight (Leaning Right
Grab (Pickup items and carry objects)
RLMenu (Inventory Menu)

To input these controls manually, you can go to Advanced Options --> Raw Key Bindings and input these keybinds there, or in game you can type into console "set input KEY CONTROL", replacing KEY with desired key, and CONTROL with desired control. Example: "set input Q button bLeanLeft" or "set input F Grab", without quotes in console.

3. Running Single Player

Run the Unreal RLCoop Single Player.bat file from your system folder.

Alternatively you can start a new game using the following command line:

Vortex2?game=rlcoops.rlcoops?mutator=rlcoops.rlcoopsmut,rlcoopmut.rl_custommapfixes,begonenot.begonenot,acumbleeding.acumbleedingmut?difficulty=666

NOTE: Though not necessary, it is recommended to run difficulty at 666 due to how difficulty levels above 227's difficulty 6 seem to further enhance the AI in a way that RLCoop is built around.

For the full RLCoop experience, it is also recommended you enable permanent decals (will cause performance issues on older computers, so warning). You can do this by going to Advanced Options --> Decals --> Config, and settings DecalLifeSpan to 0.

4. Running Online Server

Run the Unreal RLCoop Server.bat file from your system folder.

Alternatively you can start a new server using the following command line:

Vortex2?game=rlcoops.rlcoops?mutator=rlcoops.rlcoopsmut,rlcoopmut.rl_custommapfixes,begonenot.begonenotcarcass,acumbleeding.acumbleedingmut?difficulty=666 log=server.log -server

NOTE: Though not necessary, it is recommended to run difficulty at 666 due to how difficulty levels above 227's difficulty 6 seem to further enhance the AI in a way that RLCoop is built around.

5. Mutators:

There are several separate mutators, some of which are needed to run RLCoop, others which are not necessary but add to the overall RLCoop experience.

-RLCoopS.RLCoopSMut (REQUIRED!)
-RLCoopMut.RL_CustomMapFixes (Recommended for Online Server)
-AcumBleeding.AcumBleedingMut (Recommended)
-BeGoneNot.BeGoneNot (Optional for Single Player Only)
-BeGoneBot.BeGoneNotCarcass (Optional for Online Server)

RLCoopS.RLCoopSMut is required for RLCoop to function properly!

RLCoopMut.RL_CustomMapFixes is a mutator designed to fix maps that don't work for online/cooperative play. This mutator supports and fixes the following maps:

-Original Unreal Maps
-Return To Na Pali
-Illhaven (single player version)
-Strange World
-Attacked! (single player version)

More to come, please let me know what maps you'd like support for on the forum thread.

AcumBleeding.AcumBleedingMut, while not required to run RLCoop, is extremely recommended and should always be run, as this adds one of the key features to the RLCoop experience, causing you and monsters to bleed more quickly the more damage you take. Healing and bandaging become a major factor with this mutator running.

BeGoneNot.BeGoneNot is a mutator that makes carcasses and gibs permanent so they do not disappear, adding to the real life immersion experience. WARNING: If you want to use this online you MUST use BeGoneNot.BeGoneNotCarcass instead or you will get serious bug issues with the gibs.

6. How To's:

Q: How do I add a new mutator?
A: Right click one of the .bat files and edit with notepad. You can insert a new mutator in the Mutator= line by separating each mutator with a ,

Q: How do I run custom weapons? Do custom weapons even work with RLCoop?
A: Yes. In order to run custom weapons, you must disable RLWeapons by going into the RLCoopS.ini or Advanced Options --> RLCoopS --> RLCoopS Mutator, and setting bUseRLWeapons to False.

Q: Does RLCoop work with custom maps?
A: Yes....mostly.

Q: Why can't I pickup items?
A: Picking up items is now done through a grab control. Please read section 2 in this readme

Q: Why don't I have a crosshair?
A: Do you have a crosshair in real life?

Q: I can't seem to headshot Tentacles.
A: I'm not sure they really have a head to speak of...do they? idk.

Q: What the hell is HeartAttackChanceRate?
A: Set it to 0.1 and find out =D

Q: Where can I find all the features of RLCoop so I know what the hell I'm doing?
A: Please look at the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2915

Here is some quick How To stuff and other things that you should know about:

-Health packs go into your inventory now so be sure to heal yourself, especially when bleeding out!
-Always aim for the head. Headshots do 4 times the amount of damage, with any weapon.
-Crouch or you will be heard by enemies.
-Feign Death/Prone to avoid detection and make monsters thing you are dead. Note though that performing Feign Death in front of a monster will not trick the monster.
-Perform instant take downs on smaller enemies like Skaarj and Krall with the Knife by sneaking up and attacking them with the knife. Make sure they do not notice you first or it will not work.
-Knives in RLCoop replace the normal Knife decoration you will see lying around in maps, so be sure to grab them!
-Flares last for 1 hour in real time now, and have real time lighting.
-Don't run and gun. Best way to get yourself killed. Take your time, strategize, use the new features to your advantage like leaning, parkour to get up high places, feign death to sneak and avoid enemies, etc.

7. KNOWN BUGS:

-Cannot ledge grab on semi-solids for some reason
-Random GPF crashes during level switch
-Leaning with custom weapons can be buggy
-Infinite stacking of players on players
-Saving player inventory can be buggy

8. Extra

Here are some mods that go well with RLCoop.

Ballistic Blood - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1887
HD Weapons - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2629
Destructible Lights - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3333

Please note, if you have 227j and want to use HDWeps or Ballistic Blood, check the Bonus Mods for 227j only folder.

PLEASE read the readme, RLCoop will not function properly if your game is not setup in a specific way. Please also remember this is a beta, and has many bugs still.

ALSO please give feedback! Really hope to hear your RLCoop experiences, and of course let me know about bugs and stuff, give suggestions, anything =)
Last edited by Shivaxi on 17 Feb 2015, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

Previous Next