Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 12:26

Very cool! If you want to use my MCoop Enhanced stuff for the warlord and brute guns, feel free.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015, 14:26

UBerserker wrote:
salsaSkaarj wrote:That Krall staff seems powerful for whacking something, but the firing power looks a bit on the low side.

That's practically how the Krall way works.

Yeah I have the krall bolt damage and fire rate perfectly matching the damage of a normal Krall on this difficulty setting. And actually you do less damage with the melee because you're not as strong as a Krall, but there's still a lot of damage from the energy of the staff when it touches something, hence the "zappy" sound every time it hits something. I just happened to headshot the pupae when I swung at them =P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015, 20:36

Some insights into the development of RLCoop and what Shiv has to go through while working with me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAtpskYJMko
Fraggin' typos.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015, 10:05

Bleeder91<NL> wrote:Some insights into the development of RLCoop and what Shiv has to go through while working with me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAtpskYJMko
Fraggin' typos.

LOL

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015, 16:04

"I just screw around and get more bugs in with each change I make."
Oh my god. :D
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015, 08:34

Speck Vidya Unreal has shown interest in this project and its possible he may want to host rlcoop at some point

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015, 18:40

Nightmare Kitteh wrote:Speck Vidya Unreal has shown interest in this project and its possible he may want to host rlcoop at some point

oh? sounds cool but I'm not sure if I should know who or what that is lol.

Also a few upcoming changes (Bleeder and I have finally been working on this again):

Added:

-New weapons, Krall Staff and Elite Krall Staff. These are dropped by Krall and Elite Krall now.
-New head/weapon bob when moving that is synced to your footsteps. Bobbing is forced on now.
-Additional weapon movement when looking around for ADDED EXTRA IMMERSION EXPLOSIONS.
-Sprint function. Players now start in a jog, and can press a key for sprinting, either toggle or button. Sprinting flat out for too long will start to cause your body harm, so be careful how much you push yourself...TO DA LIMITS.

Changed:

-Movement changes. you now move slower running straight sideways and even slower running backwards. You ever try running backwards in real life man? That shit is hard yo.
-No longer explode when falling very very very far
-Tweaked rolling mechanic a bit, you slow down as you come to the end of your roll, and it stops moving you now at the end of your roll

Removed:

-idk...nothing as far as I know...why did I even put a "removed" tag here...

Fixed:

-Not able to stand up from prone when player standing on top of you
-Fixed not being able to ledge grab on semi-solids
-perma jumpjets

NEW CONTROLS:

bSprint

Bind this to a new key, by either doing "Button bSprint" to hold down the button to sprint, or "Toggle bSprint" if you want it to be a toggle you only press once to activate, then press again to de-activate
Last edited by Shivaxi on 05 Aug 2015, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015, 15:28

Awesome, I'm glad you didn't lose the progress of this project and that you are still continuing on it!
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar papercoffee
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015, 22:47

Coool ...the ability to sneak and kill is the most awesome feature ...I missed this in the original Unreal.
I know it's called coop but ...I can try to play it alone and look how far I can go and survive, right?
:D

I have two play stiles ...Berserker with a Rocket Launcher and sneaky like a Ninja with a knife. :lol:

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015, 02:16

papercoffee wrote:Coool ...the ability to sneak and kill is the most awesome feature ...I missed this in the original Unreal.
I know it's called coop but ...I can try to play it alone and look how far I can go and survive, right?
:D

I have two play stiles ...Berserker with a Rocket Launcher and sneaky like a Ninja with a knife. :lol:

Yup, the version that's released should work in single player, let me know if it doesn't or if anything's broken (yes we had some things that were actually broken in Single Player vs Online...usually other way around right? :P ) specifically test leaning, that was the only thing I remember not working in single player correctly but should be fixed now.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015, 17:16

Shivaxi wrote:Removed:

-idk...nothing as far as I know...why did I even put a "removed" tag here...

ermm?
then remove it ! :D
► Show Spoiler

User avatar UberPwnr

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015, 17:12

hey shiv just wanted to say if you didnt realize already, the current release of singleplayer RLCoop crashes like 75% of the time when trying to save game(i guess thats to be expected right now tho), also I had an idea, idk if it'd be possible but: pushing or pulling players towards or away from you using the grab key. its just an idea but i think itd be awesome to move players out of the way of danger or maybe grab them from falling to their death/pulling them up to you. I love the new update btw sprinting ftw!! p.s. will there be another Halloween RLCoop event this year? had a lot of fun last year. sorry for the long winded post

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015, 00:06

UberPwnr wrote:hey shiv just wanted to say if you didnt realize already, the current release of singleplayer RLCoop crashes like 75% of the time when trying to save game(i guess thats to be expected right now tho), also I had an idea, idk if it'd be possible but: pushing or pulling players towards or away from you using the grab key. its just an idea but i think itd be awesome to move players out of the way of danger or maybe grab them from falling to their death/pulling them up to you. I love the new update btw sprinting ftw!! p.s. will there be another Halloween RLCoop event this year? had a lot of fun last year. sorry for the long winded post

Didn't know about the crashes, thanks, will check it out. And yeah RLCoop Halloween sounds like fun, I'll have to do that again hehe. The whole grabbing players idea is one I've been thinking about for a while, just not sure how to implement yet.

User avatar UberPwnr

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015, 19:11

so I've been playing the current Beta singleplayer RLcoop and I've been getting less crashes, they only seem to happen after I've started making my way through the map. idk whats going on but I seem to be getting the same GPF error crash message thing every time I try to save mid-game. I saved a few screenshots if you want to look at them to try to figure it out. I dont know much about Unreals language so its all mostly gibberish to me. Also do you think theres ever a possibility of using other monsters weapons: Brute sidearms/skaarj blades/merc sidearm/warlords gun. I love the krall staff but I'd also love to run around with blades attached to my fists slashing open boxes and shooting plasma balls at aliens lol. itd also be really helpful in maps or situations where there arent enough weapons laying around.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015, 16:18

UberPwnr wrote:so I've been playing the current Beta singleplayer RLcoop and I've been getting less crashes, they only seem to happen after I've started making my way through the map. idk whats going on but I seem to be getting the same GPF error crash message thing every time I try to save mid-game. I saved a few screenshots if you want to look at them to try to figure it out. I dont know much about Unreals language so its all mostly gibberish to me. Also do you think theres ever a possibility of using other monsters weapons: Brute sidearms/skaarj blades/merc sidearm/warlords gun. I love the krall staff but I'd also love to run around with blades attached to my fists slashing open boxes and shooting plasma balls at aliens lol. itd also be really helpful in maps or situations where there arent enough weapons laying around.

The crashes MAY be related to the footstep bug for 227i. The current release of RLCoop has an issue with this especially because it makes carcasses have collision, and the bug is more likely to happen when you step on a carcass with collision, so I'd say try not stepping on any bodies for now XD see if that helps

As for more weapons, yeah brute rocket launcher, warlord launcher, other stuff is definitely planned. however things like the merc sidearm and skaarj blades im not sure about because with the mercs, i think those are technically bio-enginnered as part of their body? and as for the skaarj blades I have no fucking idea how those actually work. I know in U2 they were like a wrist attachment but is there any documentary on what they actually are for the skaarj in Unreal 1?

Previous Next