UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015, 16:45

Swarmer Missile Gun (Warlord's weapon) is way too big for a human. Brute guns are feasible to hold, I think.
Mercenary's arm gun is attached to Merc's bodies so no ways around this; Skaarj blades look also injected on their bodies but at least you could take their blades? In the UNBIBLE they mentioned an idea of upgrading the bonesaw melee weapon with a Skaarj blade.
ImageImage

User avatar UberPwnr
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015, 17:36

I thought the crashes may have had something to do with 227i. I remember you saying something about it awhile ago on your server and it happening to me a few times.

as for the skaarj blades I believe they are natural and they also retract, like cats claws. My thinking for skaarj claws and merc weapons was you could just "tear" them from the bodies and use them

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015, 20:19

Will post this in the first post, but people with RLCoop or who play on the servers should grab this INT file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/giyx1y0nfs6m3 ... S.int?dl=1

Adds the RLCoop controls to your controls list, making it easier to set up controls right from your game menu
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar UberPwnr

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015, 01:09

so i was gonna post pictures of the glitchy texture mess my game turned into during the RLcoop event heer, so shiv could see, but apparently i wasnt hitting 'print screen' even though i swear i was. so anyway heres some pictures of a cool box fort i built in RLcoop awhile ago if anyones interested.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hn05x38y0uvk ... DuLEa?dl=0

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015, 19:25

haha that is awesome xD

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015, 21:37

So just a little idea with how I'm thinking the RLMenu will go:

User avatar UberPwnr

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015, 01:01

pretty sweet new menu, does the three weapon slot thing prevent you from glitching and picking up a fourth now? or is it just for looks?

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015, 15:59

That menu is pretty sweet.

xRedStar
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015, 00:48

is there a way to lower the difficulty, or damage?

Blade_Sword

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015, 06:11

I think this mod should be at moddb, at least it will have more visibility and public recognition. :)

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016, 14:53

You ever wonder what Bleeder and I's testing sessions are like? I asked him to make that new HUD Menu finally...

Goddammit Bleeder...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016, 04:35

RLCoop Beta Version 2.0 RELEASED!

Please check first page/post for download link:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2915&p=59219#p59219

FULL CHANGELOG FOR VERSION 2.0:

Added:

-NEW STEALTH MECHANIC! Monsters can't see you in the dark! Shoot out lights to hide in darkness! (note this still doesnt work if they've already seen/heard you).
-New weapons, Krall Staff and Elite Krall Staff. These are dropped by Krall and Elite Krall now.
-New head/weapon bob when moving that is synced to your footsteps. Bobbing is forced on now.
-Additional weapon movement when looking around for ADDED EXTRA IMMERSION EXPLOSIONS.
-Sprint function. Players now start in a jog, and can press a key for sprinting, either toggle or button.
-Controls added to INT allowing easy configuration of new controls and keybinds in normal preferences -> controls window.
-Selection outline in RLMENU for items.
-Added new buttons in RLMenu for binding keys.
-New RL_RazorBlade projectile for RL_RazorJack in order to fix headshots.
-Monsters move slower the less health they have, up to 50% slower.
-You can now heal another player by selecting a Health Pack or Bandage and pressing your grab key on the other player.
-When a player heals another player, neither player can move for the duration of the heal.
-Health Packs can now stop bleeding if your health is over 100, but will only heal 1 point.
-Ammo count will now be displayed for ammo types in RLMenu Inventory Menu.
-Global Iron Sights support with all weapons via a new control bAiming (still work in progress and a little buggy/not perfect).
-Stamina bar that appears when stamina is being drained. Stamina is used by sprinting, jumping, dodging, wall jumping, ledge grabbing, melee attacks, and is linked to underwater time as well. Stamina is recharged quick the less you are moving, or even quicker if laying down. The more drained your stamina bar becomes, the less you will be able to move and jump and melee.

Changed:

-Damage scaling system completely revamped. Still based on center of mass, closer to CoM, the more damage you do, and the higher chance for critical hit which deals double damage.
-Movement changes. You now move slower running straight sideways and even slower running backwards. You ever try running backwards in real life man? That shit is hard yo.
-Players now can only get gibbed from explosive damage, meaning no more exploding from fall damage and such.
-Tweaked rolling mechanic a bit, you slow down as you come to the end of your roll, and it stops moving you now at the end of your roll.
-ASMD shock combo no longer using extra ammo cause UNREALISTIC F DAT.
-Modified RLMENU layout, now shows your player character which later will display damage and other things. Also rearranged inventory slots to separate inventory and weapons.
-Decreased the accuracy for monsters, projectile and instant hit (note: custom instant hit weapons will still be 100% accurate).
-Moved player names when spectator to bottom left corner.
-Armor has been buffed, all armor values are now 3x their default values, to compensate for the much more realistic damage all monsters deal.
-Players move slower the deeper they are in water now.
-Jumpboots no longer increase the distance at which you can fall and not take damage, so be careful about using them now.
-Ammo is now unlimited for all weapons/ammo types, and takes up space in your inventory based on ammo pickup amount. For example, 6 eightball rockets = 1 inventory slot.
-When healing with a health pack, you may no longer move until you are finished healing.
-When healing with a bandage, nali fruit, or superhealth, you are forced to walk for the duration of the heal.

Removed:

-AcumBleeding.u as it's built into RLCoopS.u and no longer needed.
-RLMenus.u as it's built into RLCoopS.u and no longer needed.

Fixed:

-Extra headshot damage removed from weapons like rifle/razorjack due to multiplying with our own global headshot damage, so no longer needed directly in these weapons.
-Fixed not being able to stand up from prone when player standing on top of you.
-Fixed not being able to ledge grab on semi-solids.
-Fixed perma (jumpjets) jumpboots bug.
-Fixed swimming animation on melee hands.
-Fixed flying into the sky when rolling up a slope.
-Fixed ExtremeEnd trigger so now players can all take the fancy ride down without dying (RLCoopMut.u).
-Melee no longer explode monsters if too much damage is delt.
-Fixed sound flying everywhere in specator mode if you move your mouse REALLY REALLY FAST. (wait...no we didn't...BLEEDER!!!)
-Can now pick up and move chairs and tables.
-Fixed walking into BSP holes getting you stuck and glitching some times. Now teleports you back to last known stable position like it's supposed to.
-Fixed ammo duplicating when dying.
-Fixed armor charge bar not displaying correctly.
-Fixed monsters automatically headshotting you whenever they melee. Yes this fixes the one-shotting flys.

NEW CONTROLS:

bSprint

Allows you to sprint. Bind this to a new key, accessible in your controls options if you have RLCoopS.int, or configurable via the RLMenu in game, OR by either doing "Button bSprint" to hold down the button to sprint, or "Toggle bSprint" if you want it to be a toggle you only press once to activate, then press again to de-activate.

bAiming

Allows you to use iron sights on any weapon, and increases accuracy drastically. Bind this to a new key, accessible in your controls options if you have RLCoopS.int, or configurable via the RLMenu in game, OR by either doing "Button bAiming" to hold down the button to aim, or "Toggle bAiming" if you want it to be a toggle you only press once to activate, then press again to de-activate.

EDIT:

To be honest, there were a TON of changes and updates and fixes and additions etc etc and it's been a hella long time since I've updated this thread, so I don't know if I wrote everything or even covered all the changes in the changelog, sorry about that.

User avatar UberPwnr

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016, 06:44

holy crap thats alotta new stoof. I hadnt gotten a chance to read the entire changelog until now but its looking really good. my favorite change is definitely the 100% headshot flys/mantas. that shizz was annoying. still not too fond of changing the jumpboots fall damage protection though. I think its kinda lame, but it is you and Bleeders mod so its not really my place to tell you how to do things. maybe give the boots 2 extra charges to make them not as lame or something? idk. either way. very nice work from you both. hope to see you guys online again soon :D

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016, 12:08

Hectic! looking forward to giving this a run. I actually managed to get through the whole of unreal with my brothers on the previous release.

One question, how would I go about playing RTNP with this gametype?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016, 22:07

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Hectic! looking forward to giving this a run. I actually managed to get through the whole of unreal with my brothers on the previous release.

One question, how would I go about playing RTNP with this gametype?

Should be explained in the readme, there's some packages and a mutator to make RTNP work with RLCoop

Previous Next