This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013, 18:10

Download

Beta v2.5: https://www.moddb.com/mods/rlcoop/downl ... 25-release

v2.5 changelog/release: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2915&p=78593#p78593

INT for controls in menu: https://www.dropbox.com/s/giyx1y0nfs6m3 ... S.int?dl=1

PLEASE read the readme, RLCoop will not function properly if your game is not setup in a specific way. Please also remember this is a beta, and has many bugs still.

About/Background

So basically, this was was a project I started a long time ago, and just recently have picked up and made some major progress. I always loved a sense of realism and survival in my games, and a true cooperative experience. Unreal was lacking this, what with weapons and items respawning online, people running and gunning carelessly and able to revive themselves with no consequences, and monsters having to whack at ya about 20 times just to do some real damage. Not very realistic...of course this is UNreal so I know it may be a little ironic trying to make this game more REAL. But I always preferred hardcore mode when playing COD4 so...

Anyway, this gametype is basically designed to bring a much more realistic and cooperative experience to Unreal. Running and gunning is no longer an option. In fact, after several playthroughs both by myself and with others, I've concluded that it's pretty much impossible to play through Unreal on your own with RLCoop. The more the merrier, but the more cooperation needed between players. Once you die, you stay dead. Nothing respawns, forcing players to share weapons and items equally, especially now that you can share ammunition, items, and even health and armor between players, making communication a key part of RLCoop for survival. 227's difficulty settings makes monsters extremely hard and agressive. A brute can kill you with 1 to 2 rockets. No longer can you carry a battalion of weapons...you can now only carry 2 at a time. These simple changes alone make it a great cooperative and survival experience. These are just a few features out of many that I'll now try to organize and explain down below:

Features

green = implemented
red = not yet implemented

RL Gametype:

-No respawn! If you die, you become a spectator. If everyone dies, the level restarts. If at least 1 person survives and ends the level, all players respawn in the next level.
-No respawn for weapons or items.
-227 difficulty 6 forced on. This increases monster speed and their projectile speed and damage, raises their alertness to see you from far distances and hear you walking or running, and increases their aggressiveness.
-Only able to carry 2 heavy weapons or 3 light weapons at a time. Heavy weapon is defined as any weapon held with 2 hands, and light weapon as any weapon you only hold with 1 hand.
-Only able to carry 15 items at a time (this includes any armor types as well, and now ammunition as well).
-New players do not start with any weapons or inventory (we call these new players, "Survivors").
-Players now drop all items upon death. They spawn in a random location on the next level as a new survivor with random inventory.
-Friendly Fire forced on 100%
-Bleeding enabled. All health will stop bleeding. Players will bleed out if they do not heal themselves. Bleeding works on monsters as well.
-Updated scoreboard. Players alive are in green. Players dead are in red. Spectating players are in white.
-Updated HUD. No crosshair. Armor icon moved next to health icon.
-Accumulative bleeding. This means the more you are shot, or the more a monster is shot, the more and quicker they bleed out from their wounds. Makes a good tactic for riddling a pawn with holes quickly and then leaving him to die.
-Both Players & Monsters will make the injur noise and animation when they are close to death from bleeding out (below 50 health).
-Removed weapon and item unlit glow and rotation ( its unrealistic! xD )
-Monsters will suffer from being damaged and low health and start to move slower and more sluggish.
-All players (that are alive) must now touch the ending in order to end the level.
-Votestart added. Players must vote to start in order to begin. After this has been done, the level begins and the server locks out anyone else connecting or reconnecting by forcing them to spectator.
-All damage taken to the head for monsters and players is multiplied by 4x, making headshots with any weapon extremely useful.
-Damage done to a pawn varies now based on where they take damage, based on their center of mass. The closer damage is taken to CoM, the more damage is delt, and the high chance for crit damage (double damage). At 100% CoM, damage = 1.2 to 1.5 times default damage, and crit chance is 15%. At 0% CoM, damage = 0.5 to 0.8 times default damage, and crit chance is 5%.
-Players drop all their inventory when they die, including all weapons, ammo, items, and armor.
-The height at which you can fall and take no damage has been shortened to a much more realistic distance.
-Footstep sounds reworked! Dynamic footsteps change pitch and volume based on your speed, have custom sounds for most textures including custom texture support, as well as custom footprints and particle emitter effects for things like dirt and snow!
-Realistic projectiles! Many projectiles have been reworked to be more realistic, tentacle spikes are faster but have falling physics, same with Stinger projectile, rockets are quicker but don't fly in a straight line anymore, arrow traps given a speed boost and falling physics, etc, lot of changes here.
-Elemental damage! Explosion and Burned damage types can set the player on fire, which can be put out by proning. Acid attacks like from a slith give a corrosive effect, can be washed away in water. Zapped and Shocked damage types like from a Skaarj's projectile can electrocute the player, causing their screen and aim to shake all over. All effects come with new particle emitter effects.
-Kevlar suits protect against electrocution elemental effect, as well as shieldbelts and powershields.
-Armor with absorption at 80 and above protect the player against critical hits

-RLDM (Real Life Death Match) is included with this update, as well as a server batch file to run it. Essentially takes RLCoop and turns it into a deathmatch mode, very fun with 1 life, acts like a mini battle royale

-Lootable bodies. You can loot carcass's for ammo or items.
-May be introducing a save game feature that allows real time saving the game in the middle of a level (admin command only obviously).
-All players now start at single player start. Coop starts are disabled. [removed due to issues]

RL Players:

-Real time crouching, allowing you to duck under projectiles or obstacles.
-New leaning function, allowing you to lean around corners and swap weapon hand on the fly to peak and shoot around corners.
-Sneaking implemented. Crouching reduces your visibility to monsters, and makes you silent, allowing you to sneak past enemies unsuspectingly.
-Feign death works! Fool monsters by faking your death, and they will ignore you. However if you try to fake death in front of a monster, they will not be fooled (acts like invisibility item)
-Low health and taking damage effects player movement. Players will limp depending on where they are shot, and move slower with a lower amount of health (below 50, 0.75 normal ground speed, below 25, 0.50 normal run speed)...and even forced to walking if on the brink of death. Limping and movement will not heal if your health is too low (below 75). Limping heals gradually/slowly.
-Player boost. Players can now give their teammates a height boost by crouching and allowing another player to stand on top of them. You can also jump to toss your teammate up to a ledge.
-Monster grab. Players can now jump on top of a monster in order to distract them and kill them easily. It is possible to get thrown off though, so use with caution.
-Grabbing now works as well. Grab and carry boxes or barrels, etc. (movable decoration objects) If you click to fire while holding a decoration item, you will throw that object.
-You must now pickup items manually using the 'grab' function. Much more realistic and prevents players from accidentally picking up things they don't want. Also useful for grabbing items that are slightly up on a ledge, etc.
-Getting shot or hurt will offset your aiming when you take damage.
-Players fall to the ground (feign death) if they take falling damage. Aka if you fall from a high ledge and take damage when landing on the ground, you will fall down, and be forced to manually stand up again with jump key.
-Proning (feign death control). Players will be able to Prone, allowing them to crawl under tight spaces. This will also reduce your visibility to monsters like crouching, but get to close and they will notice you.
-Side Stepping (The vertical proning). This will allow players to squeeze through bars are other skinny spaces when walking.
-Player ledge grabbing. Players can grab onto high ledges and pull themselves up by double jumping near a ledge they are facing.
-Wall jump! Players can perform a wall jump parkour style by jumping off of a wall. Note you must be facing away from the wall to do this.
-Player rolling. Players can crouch in mid air while falling to perform a roll upon landing in order to minimize or take no damage from the fall.
-New sprint mechanic. Players start in a jog, and can use a new keybind in order to sprint faster.
-Stamina bar added that appears when stamina is being drained. Stamina is used by sprinting, jumping, dodging, wall jumping, ledge grabbing, melee attacks, and is linked to underwater time as well. Stamina is recharged quick the less you are moving, or even quicker if laying down. The more drained your stamina bar becomes, the less you will be able to move and jump and melee.
-Players will now move slower running straight sideways and even slower running backwards. You ever try running backwards in real life man? That shit is hard yo.
-Crippled limb system! Explosions are long falls can cripple an arm or a leg, and can only be health with Nalifruit or a Superhealth. 1 leg = forced to walk, 2 legs = forced to crawl, 1 arm = can only use 1 handed weapons, 2 arms = can't use weapons at all.

RL Inventory:

-New Inventory Handler (RLMenu) allows throwing/trading of all items, including weapons, ammunition, items, and even armor. GUI interface implemented.
-Melee system implemented. Players start with their own 2 fists.
-Knife upgrade for melee fists (Knife upgrade replaces decoration knifes). Finding a knife adds +50 damage to melee attacks.
-Health & Bandages updated to go into your inventory as items to use whenever you want. Health & Bandages have slow heal effect.
-Health packs now heal +25. Health Packs can be used when health is over 100 in order to stop bleeding, but will only heal +1.
-Bandages now heal +10. Bandages can be used when health is over 100 in order to stop bleeding, but will only heal +1.
-Flashlight and Searchlight updated to be more realistic.
-Critical damage for sneak attacks. Example, sneaking up behind an enemy and using melee on them while they're un-alert will increase your melee damage (x6). This is usually lethal and an instant take down when you melee with the knife.
-Flares now last for an hour and have OmniBumpMap enabled.
-Nali fruit berries now goes into inventory as well, giving you 2 fruit per plant, with each fruit healing 15+.
-Players won't be able to move when healing with health and bandages, and will be forced to walk when eating nali fruit or using superhealth.
-Krall now drop their staff weapon, Krall Staff and Elite Krall Staff, with the Elite version doing more damage. Primary fires, secondary melees.
-Superhealth can now be used to revive dead players, by selecting the superhealth in your quick inventory, then pressing your grab key on the dead player. Player will be revived with very little health, but alive none-the-less.
-Players can heal other players with Health Packs or Bandages by selecting one of the 2 items in quick inventory and then using grab key on a player. Neither player will be able to move while healing.
-Armor has been buffed, now 3x the default armor value, to compensate for the much more realistic damage monsters deal.
-Ammo is now unlimited for all weapons/ammo types, and takes up space in your inventory based on ammo pickup amount. For example, 6 eightball rockets = 1 inventory slot.

Additional Features & Fixes:

-Thrown/dropped inventory no longer disappears after 40 seconds. (infinite lifespan, so you don't have to worry about losing items)
-Fixed so that players cannot pickup more than 1 of the same item (example, you cannot pick up armor if you already have armor. This way it doesn't "waste" the new armor)
-Carcass's never disappear anymore.
-Dodging changed to jump a bit as well (UT99 style). This fixed getting stuck on little bits of trim while dodging.
-Grabbing now used to extract ammo from weapons you're already carrying. Also now extracts from ammo as well if you cannot carry the full ammo clip for your weapon. (example: You have 199 bullets, and you try to grab a shellbox (50 bullets). You will only get 1 bullet and 49 bullets will remain in the shellbox for other players to grab, so ammo is not 'wasted')
-Disabled HUD for spectators and dead players.
-Feigning death changes collision height.
-Blood and Decals always render now, so if you have permanent decals on, you will always see where the carnage went down even if you weren't there at the time.
-Carcasses now have collision. (blocks players and actors)
-Players no longer get gibbed unless the damage is from explosive damage. This also means you won't explode from dying due to fall damage.
-Enemies no longer have pinpoint perfect accuracy, and now have a slight spread with their shots.
-Enemies now take proper fall damage and can no longer survive falling ridiculous heights.

-Fix for crouch/walk speed hack on ice

Known Bugs:

There are a few known bugs I guess worth mentioning here...some of them are pretty funny actually =P

-Players can run around with players on top of them. In fact you can have a tower of players...player on a player on a player on a...u get the idea xD This needs to be fixed.
-Death animations are broken and seem to choose one at random despite how you die. So you will bleed to death and your head pops off or an arm falls off...something ridiculous like that.[FIXED]
-Leaning looks choppy and doesnt always work when you fire. aka you lean to the left but your weapon shoots from the right and you end up blowing yourself up half the time.[FIXED]
-The usual script warnings and such.[FIXED]
-New one here, bodies now instantly explode when they take any amount of damage O.o no idea how i managed that one xD[FIXED]
-Currently you can fly around on books by punching them =P Of course this has been a known cheat with books and any weapon really. Currently working on a fix for this.
-Players can keep firing their weapon when they die (due to keep inventory code) [FIXED]
-Players can use and throw inventory and items when dead [FIXED]
-Monsters that bleed to death do not drop their weapon.
-Sneak attack knifing a pawn causes them to blow up instantly rofl[FIXED]
-Blood and other effects not showing when leaning[FIXED]
-Can't hear pawns bleeding when behind a wall (aka not in render view)[FIXED]

Media

Screenshots:

Leaning round some corners

Fists

Punching a wall and Bleeder91 helping me reach some ammo

Flashlight & Searchlight

Sneaking up on an unsuspecting Skaarj

Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9J0ppgbT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJt9gvlid7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5KS9FJ-AJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvWU-cl6v_U

These recordings are playthroughs of Bleeder91 and I trying to make our way through and surviving (mostly dieing) the world of Unreal with RLCoop.

[sorry, these videos got deleted by accident]

Live (Recorded) Broadcasts of RLCoop Events:

RLCoop Private Online Event 1 [April 20th, 2013]

http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91/b/393356655

RLCoop Private Online Event 2: [May 18th, 2013]

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91/b/405065010
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91/b/405110024

RLCoop Private Online Event 3 [July 6th, 2013]

http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91/b/426613381

Solo Runs

Attacked!

http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/427332126 - First attempt on the first level in which I failed.
http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/427343581 - Second attempt on the first level in which I did NOT fail ^^

Tower Of Shrakitha

http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/426768290 - Shrak level 2 (after the 3rd online RLCoop event,) [with commentary!]

==================================================

Just want to give credit where credit is due. These are all the people who have helped me with this project over the years and more recently now:

-TheDarksider - Nobody may remember him, but he did a lot for RLCoop back in the day, and he's original designer of the new inventory handling system.
-Matrix224 - Did a lot for RLCoop as well, helping me with the gametype and enhancing the inventory handler.
-Dots - Helped me with 1 or 2 small things but worth mentioning.
-Bleeder91 - Bleeder91 and I are the only 2 running the project now. Bleeder is helping a hell of a lot and deserves a lot of credit.

p.s. -Epsilon - He died lots. Made sure that was working =P
Last edited by Shivaxi on 16 Jul 2023, 01:28, edited 81 times in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Forthcoming]

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013, 18:18

I also want to mention before anyone replies that I want to host an RLCoop public event soon where we get a bunch of players (probably have to limit it to 8 max) and try to make it through all of Unreal or as far as we can get. This has only been played and tested so far with a maximum of 4 people, so I gotta see how well it does with a lot more. Bleeder and I actually played RLCoop through all of Unreal, from Vortex Rikers to Queen End...it took us 2 weeks XD. We didn't break much either...so I know this will be tough. Obviously the more players, the less weapons and items and stuff there will be to go around. I'll probably make a post in Multiplayer Matters laying down the rules and such (I think we'll have to have everyone on a voice server because communication will be key). But yeah, if anyone is interested, lemme know ^^

EDIT: Bleeder91 & I just beat all of RTNP. Holycrap was it hard with just the 2 of us. Lot of fun though. We're gonna start testing RLCoop with custom maps now, starting with Shrakitha ^^

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013, 23:01

Looking forward to this. Certain points I'm iffy about:
Only two weapons at a time = annoying :p. If there's an option to toggle this It'd be sweet.
No crosshair = OH GOD WHY?? D:
Players on low health getting slowed down = Realistic sure, and definitely super-cool to have, but please oh please make it togglable :p
Updated HUD = feeling a bit touchy about this. Will believe in it when I see it.
Melee critical hits + stealthing = same as above. Could work out to be the coolest thing ever but I'll have to see it for myself first
Fixed so that players cannot pickup more than 1 of the same item (example, you cannot pick up armor if you already have armor. This way it doesn't "waste" the new armor) = Wouldn't it be possible to drop and swap armour instead? Like, If I've got an assault vest with 1 poiint left and then come across a new one, can't I drop the old one and pick the new one up? Also I hope this doesn't mean I can't stack a shield belt, powershield, kevlar vest and assault vest any more :P

Every thing else I'm jizzing in my pants over. You've added realism in all the right places imo. Only one practical consideration left: How will everyone get to enjoy translator messages? If only one person has the translator, how do the messages get broadcast to all players?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013, 23:14

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Looking forward to this. Certain points I'm iffy about:
Only two weapons at a time = annoying :p. If there's an option to toggle this It'd be sweet.
No crosshair = OH GOD WHY?? D:
Players on low health getting slowed down = Realistic sure, and definitely super-cool to have, but please oh please make it togglable :p
Updated HUD = feeling a bit touchy about this. Will believe in it when I see it.
Melee critical hits + stealthing = same as above. Could work out to be the coolest thing ever but I'll have to see it for myself first
Fixed so that players cannot pickup more than 1 of the same item (example, you cannot pick up armor if you already have armor. This way it doesn't "waste" the new armor) = Wouldn't it be possible to drop and swap armour instead? Like, If I've got an assault vest with 1 poiint left and then come across a new one, can't I drop the old one and pick the new one up? Also I hope this doesn't mean I can't stack a shield belt, powershield, kevlar vest and assault vest any more :P

Every thing else I'm jizzing in my pants over. You've added realism in all the right places imo. Only one practical consideration left: How will everyone get to enjoy translator messages? If only one person has the translator, how do the messages get broadcast to all players?

I'm glad you asked all these questions...I'll try to answer them best I can xD

========

-Nothing is toggleable at the moment because right now I'm just making this in my own vision. But yes I will probably be adding options for everything once I get close to release.

-why no crosshair? do you have a crosshair in real life? xD

-Updated HUD: nothing to worry about. The only change is moving the armor indicator next to the health

-about the armor...yes you can stack armor and shieldbelt and so forth. And as I explained with the Inventory Handler, you can throw even your armor. So if you come across fresh armor and your current armor only has 1 point left, you can take it off and pick up the new one, no prob ;)

-about the sneaking and hud and melee and all that, you should check out some of the videos (or maybe i'll invite you to a secret play test on my private server ;) )

-everyone starts with the translator, its automatically given to players.

========

Glad you're looking forward to it ^^ And just as a side note...what I'll probably do is make everything optionable...and then make a seperate mutator that forces everything on as a kind of "designers choice" settings for the super realistic as can be...hardcore mode for call of duty basically xD

EDIT: oh and btw...just got accumulative bleeding working ^^
Last edited by Shivaxi on 27 Mar 2013, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 00:04

Like a lot of the ideas here, as it reminds me of some stuff we were gonna try in Dead Cell. Some things I can think of to contribute to discussion;

-On Two guns. Fine idea on its own, having limited weapons, though I would consider adding special inventory to increase the limit. This was almost exactly the case of what was going to work in Dead Cell, where you could carry one melee weapon and one gun but there were additional sling/holster pickups to allow for a total of four weapons (two melee, two guns). The models were made and skinned, I could see about finding them if you were interested. Our problem was that melee simply never worked as well as I wanted, but punching seems like a safe option (are those the same fists from Firestorm?).

-Bleeding. Again, we had this working in Dead Cell and you can even see it in some of the HUD pics floating around. Same idea as you, bandages were needed to stop bleeding and it left a blood trail as well as reduce your movement and attack rate. It was a cool idea, so I'm glad to see it attempted again. My only advice, consider carefully what types of damage will cause bleeding and what the chances are of a player getting the status effect. Our issue was that it was simply very easy to get the status effect to inflict, so it maybe happened too often, require lots of available bandages to salvage. Progress slowed before we could work further on it, but defenses planned were types of armors/suits that would reduce the chances of it happening.

-Lootable bodies. Good idea if you can get it working and it would be crucial given that most SP levels aren't obviously designed for this kind of gameplay, so that you guys can have control over adding things in without altering too much of the original inventory loadouts.

-Screen effects. Be careful here! Especially when players are low on health, this can kinda piss people off (see Xidia Gold). More hate than praise was what I remember. With RD we had some ideas for post processing to make this cooler, kind of like the black and white panic screen you get in Left 4 Dead when on your last life. But my advice would generally be to be weary of annoying people.

-Stealth. I've tried it before and I personally don't think it's very fun in Unreal, but kudos if you can make it work.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 00:56

Mister_Prophet wrote:Like a lot of the ideas here, as it reminds me of some stuff we were gonna try in Dead Cell. Some things I can think of to contribute to discussion;

-On Two guns. Fine idea on its own, having limited weapons, though I would consider adding special inventory to increase the limit. This was almost exactly the case of what was going to work in Dead Cell, where you could carry one melee weapon and one gun but there were additional sling/holster pickups to allow for a total of four weapons (two melee, two guns). The models were made and skinned, I could see about finding them if you were interested. Our problem was that melee simply never worked as well as I wanted, but punching seems like a safe option (are those the same fists from Firestorm?).

-Bleeding. Again, we had this working in Dead Cell and you can even see it in some of the HUD pics floating around. Same idea as you, bandages were needed to stop bleeding and it left a blood trail as well as reduce your movement and attack rate. It was a cool idea, so I'm glad to see it attempted again. My only advice, consider carefully what types of damage will cause bleeding and what the chances are of a player getting the status effect. Our issue was that it was simply very easy to get the status effect to inflict, so it maybe happened too often, require lots of available bandages to salvage. Progress slowed before we could work further on it, but defenses planned were types of armors/suits that would reduce the chances of it happening.

-Lootable bodies. Good idea if you can get it working and it would be crucial given that most SP levels aren't obviously designed for this kind of gameplay, so that you guys can have control over adding things in without altering too much of the original inventory loadouts.

-Screen effects. Be careful here! Especially when players are low on health, this can kinda piss people off (see Xidia Gold). More hate than praise was what I remember. With RD we had some ideas for post processing to make this cooler, kind of like the black and white panic screen you get in Left 4 Dead when on your last life. But my advice would generally be to be weary of annoying people.

-Stealth. I've tried it before and I personally don't think it's very fun in Unreal, but kudos if you can make it work.

-Actually I was considering possibly making like a backpack or something that would allow you to carry more weapons. There was also an idea for having a weight limit instead of the hardcoded 2 weapons limit...but this would require a lot of work and is a long way off from being developed. But basically it would work like everything had a certain weight (probably use mass for it) and you could only hold a certain ammount...getting a backpack would allow you to hold more, etc. And yeah I am interested in your weapon holster idea, please contact me about that ;)

-Bleeding works very well actually so far that we've tested it. Basically it uses 227's bleeding, combined with our own mutator for the accumulating bleeding...which simply makes it so that the more a pawn is shot, the quicker the rate that they bleed, and more they bleed as well...based on your 227 bleeding settings (max and min bleeding). Mine are set to min bleeding 5 and max bleeding 50, and that seems to work great. As for bleeding chances...its a standard 50% chance to bleed when shot. Seems to be pretty balanced...but I like the idea of armor reducing this chance...i'll see about that. Also all health will stop bleeding, not just bandages. I've rarely died from bleeding out...but I will say I have come close and a few times I have when I wasnt paying attention or ran out of health haha...rare though so it seems pretty balanced.

-As for lootable bodies...Bleeder and I played through all of Unreal together and we made it without extra lootable bodies. Even just recently through RTNP. I'll say that ammo and supplies did get scarce sometimes but that was part of the fun and challenge. There were some really tough maps though, like Dig for example...we probably played through that 100+ times before we beat it haha...but we just had to change our approach and play style...it involved a lot of sneaking and teamwork actually to get through the map.

-what screen efects? O.o There's no screen effects for RLCoop xD

-Stealth works great so far. It's very simple actually...when I said it reduces visibility by half...i wasnt kidding xD It quite literally reduces your visiblity to 64 (default 128) when you crouch...making it so monsters can only spot you at closer distances instead of all the way across the map (this is with 227's difficulty 6 where mosnters have incredibly increased sight range...so it balances perfectly) plus when you crouch, you dont make nose (which was already part of the game) so monsters cant hear you, which is crucial especially in difficulty 6 where mosnters can hear everything you do, even change weapon xD

EDIT: oh and yes they are the Firestorm fists xD. Just used them as a base for starters...we're changing and updating the model for the knife upgrade plus adding some more animations.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 03:24

Having read your reply, prophs questions and your latest response, this is a pointless post just to reiterate my sentiment that this is going to be awesome. The fact that co-op unreal isn't already like this is the only reason I have never bothered trying to co-op unreal :P

edit: this would probably be the killer app that moves me off oldskool and on to 227 for good. Looking forward to it so damn much
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 03:27

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Having read your reply, prophs questions and your latest response, this is a pointless post just to reiterate my sentiment that this is going to be awesome. The fact that co-op unreal isn't already like this is the only reason I have never bothered trying to co-op unreal :P

edit: this would probably be the killer app that moves me off oldskool and on to 227 for good. Looking forward to it so damn much

You really should check your PM's xD

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 07:10

If realism makes the matter. What about Searchlight and flashlight make into weapon as ID did in Doom III?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 12:28

makemeunreal wrote:If realism makes the matter. What about Searchlight and flashlight make into weapon as ID did in Doom III?

Wasn't that because of an engine limitation that they couldnt do flashlight and weapon at same time? And no I think I find this more unrealistic than realistic...so this will not happen =P

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 14:30

As a notice, I might be streaming today some live playthrough. Normally I do this because the streaming service I use records it as well. But just out of curiosity, would anyone actually be interested in watching the live broadcast? Bleeder & I are going to attempt Shrakitha with RLCoop...lemme know if anyone's interested.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 16:35

Me. :D
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 18:25

well if all goes according to plan, the stream should be live at 5 pm EST time (about 3 hours and 30 minutes from now when this was posted)

www.twitch.tv/shivaxi

Bleeder91 and I will be attempting Shrakitha on RLCoop for the first time.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Livestreaming now]

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 21:53

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Livestreaming now]

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 22:00

Should make this a Singleplayer Gametype for those who have crappy Internet like myself and don't want to lag the server and ruin it for everyone else.

Next