Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Deep Space Deathmatch

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: Deep Space Deathmatch

Post Posted: 24 May 2013, 00:50

Would that look ok or just be a huge HoM? My initial thought was forcing the ship to turn back to the center.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 May 2013, 15:50

Actually...I've managed to build and play outside of the Unreal building cube...

Things got...interesting... xD The laws of Unreal physics simply dissapeared...touching geometry outside the unreal building cube would cause u to fall through it and leave a small crater...like a HOM :P However I was able to walk on movers...which means we could probably fly around and be fine...but things tend to not render correctly once in the twilight zone :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Draco Nihil
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 May 2013, 23:23

Bleeder91<NL> wrote:Would that look ok or just be a huge HoM? My initial thought was forcing the ship to turn back to the center.

Yes but with d3d10drv you can simply enable infinite draw distance and not have this problem. You had to enable this in some AirFight UT maps because they were built to the extent of the grid and the default draw distance for 3D acceleration wasn't enough.

Not sure if 227 has options for enabling infinite draw distance as it is a must to prevent HOM effects in very large maps, SpireVillage is one of these though it even built outside of the grid which is what causes the BSP problem noticeable in that map.

LAST SECOND EDIT BECAUSE I'M RETARDED: I think the skybox is exempt of becoming HOM's in long draw distance situations but it would require testing...
“I am the dragon without a name...”

Previous