This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Free public redirect project

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Free public redirect project

Post Posted: 18 May 2013, 14:22

As I'm sure most of you have read UT-Files has closed rather abruptly and with it the redirect that was hosted. This is a real loss to many small UT servers who used it as an alternative to setting up their own.

Over the last few days I have had a discussion with the techs at burst.net and told them what I needed for a free-for-admins public redirect to work. They sold me a hosting package that has an unmetered 100MB line and plenty of space. Thankfully one of the guys was an old-school FPS gamer and understood, setting up exactly what will work perfectly.

If you depended on UT-Files for redirection or you need to use a quality (and free for you) server then message me and I'll get you set up. The server should be live by tonight and usable by tomorrow afternoon (after the first batch of redirect gets uploaded).

I have set up a private FTP server where you can upload your entire redirect (and only compressed files please) whenever you like. Twice daily I scrape this folder, check the files, then set them to upload to the actual redirect. Eventually I'll automate this process but for now this will do just fine. It was just important to have this running as quickly as possible so that no one got frustrated and shuts down their servers.

If this sounds interesting then PM me and I'll send you login for the FTP. You can begin uploading your redirect at your convenienceand once done you can use the redirect link. There will be no requests for money or anything from you, this is just my way of supporting the game I love so much. Long live Unreal Gaming :)