Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

1st annual VM RX CTF mapping contest

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: 1st annual VM RX CTF mapping contest

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 10:34

Just spreading the word arround, hope you don't mind :)
pie wrote:Hi Everyone! My name is Pie and I'm here from Vulpine Mission to talk about a great opportunity! Some of you may know of KiLLaH, who has made quite a few RX CTF maps. Well, she decided we needed a contest to get some new maps on servers and give something for you bored mappers out there to do! Vulpine Mission has offered to host this and has donated all the money that'll be given away as prizes.

Anyone who is entering, please PM me your map submissions. The judges would like to keep the map submissions 'unnamed' to prevent bias. So, I'm going to compile them, and each person will be given a letter to represent them in order of how I receive the maps, and then I will give them to the judges. We also need more judges for this contest. So far we have two: KiLLaH and Chopper. We'd like at LEAST one more, but are hoping for five total. You just need to be experienced with map making, as well as been a loyal UT player, so you know what people are looking for in maps. You can sign up to be a judge or contestant in this topic. I'll try to keep the list updated. You can also visit http://www.vulpinemission.com/ and post over on our forums, as that's where the majority of updates will be happening.

Edit: You may start working on your maps for the contest NOW! Please have them submitted to me by September 7th. The judging will start the week of September 8th, and the winners will be chosen on September 15!

Here's a great flyer KiLLaH made for this event, and below that will be the list of current judges and contestants:

Judges
1. KiLLaH
2. Chopper
3. Blacklightning

Contestants
1. Muffin
2. Assid
3. GEx
4. ASLYE702

I will add more slots if/when needed.
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: 1st annual VM RX CTF mapping contest

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 14:48

Something to consider before taking the time to do anything for Chopper:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=31207

Yes, I don't care at all for him. He benefited his player base by taking the ones from the servers Q was crashing. Talk about arrogance too, he never apologized for anything but allowed Q to just die in disgrace.

Yep, I can't wait to help someone like that.

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 16:36

OK I really didn't want to bring that Q thing up. I understand the clan did some bad things, but this isn't about that bullsh*t. I'm just spreading the news of the event, that's all.
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 16:52

That's an absolute disgrace... can't believe what I just read....

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 06:03

woohoo, yet another internet flamewar.

Always happy to hear about mapping contests though! :)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 13:42

gopostal wrote:Something to consider before taking the time to do anything for Chopper:

Yes, I don't care at all for him. He benefited his player base by taking the ones from the servers Q was crashing. Talk about arrogance too, he never apologized for anything but allowed Q to just die in disgrace.

That's pathetic. Indeed I don't know if I want news of an event by such a person spread to USP. Hmmm..
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 15:53

Ah well I guess this contest is made at the wrong time and by the wrong clan. I'm competing there only because I like contests and I couldn't wait for USP's one :). Ividyon, could you delete this thread please? I'm not mad, just trying to avoid that discusion.
Deep cover GEcko!

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 16:10

gopostal wrote:Something to consider before taking the time to do anything for Chopper:

As much as I agree that someone like that shouldn't be supported, I also think you are one of the last people who should complain when someone screws the community over.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 16:27

I would participate, if I knew the mod.
Good to see contests coming on!
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013, 16:58

GEx wrote:Ividyon, could you delete this thread please? I'm not mad, just trying to avoid that discusion.

Locking sounds like a good idea. The advertisement will remain up, but the posts below will serve as a warning.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator