Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return to NaPali: UEv1

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016, 20:58

Take it we're skipping for the next week? In case RTNPUE v2 gets released
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016, 23:17

Yeah, I think I briefly mentioned not being around this week. In Atlanta for the Killing Floor 2 release party.
I wouldn't mind getting RTNPUE1.1 or 2 for testing. I do reference specific objects in some cases, which is really the only concern. Plus if no one minds running it again next week.

Also I'm not absolutely sure on aligning a release. It would be really great to have CS included with RTNPUE but I've been holding off on a release of my own until several extensions were done. At the moment 7b is holding that up so if next week's test proves successful I'll move on to 7b for testing the week after and hopefully be done with it.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 19:49

I'd like to start halfway in so we can get through the end in a reasonable time. I'm not really sure where that is though, the end of UMS Prometheus?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 20:44

I'll try to come (Dotamajor still going on) even though I wished it was 7B this time lol
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016, 23:35

Done. Some bugs.
I missed one teleporter that's changing the gametype moving to nalic2. Other than that, the extension for RTNPUE is pretty solid.
I'm going to need to take a closer look at CoopSuite spawn-at-players since I suspect I compiled an older source. AFK timer was working during dev but not in the version I put on the server. I also included more spawning conditions and failsafes, which don't seem to be working either.
I know I said 7b next week, but I'd like to give RTNPUE one final run (with SaP fixed). Mostly to wrap it up and second, 7B still needs a lot of attention that I can't afford to give right now. Next week is also going to be it for this month. The following weekend I'll be gone for Xmas and then NYE is after that. I might be able to put in a few days on 7b over that time and see what I can do about running it the first weekend of January.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016, 03:05

Guys, I have v1.1 of RTNPUE pretty much ready. I was just now packaging it. Do you want to test it? I could have it uploaded and ready to test in coop tonight. I can give a link in this thread for coop testing purposes. If the test is successful, I will release it officially (on the Moddb page and official thread and all).

I do have one tiny bug I was working on, but I need to know if it will mess with coop (or anything else for that matter). I noticed that in Eldora, all the playerstarts are halfway through the map. This is not a problem when players begin the map using the teleporter, but I noticed that if people select Eldora from the map selection window (using the RTNPUE menu), they start at the halfway point. I'm not sure how this ever got passed beta testing in v1. If I add a playerstart where the teleporter is, will this mess with coop?

Edit: I made the decision to upload RTNPUEv1.1 for coop testing purposes. PLEASE, whoever downloads this, do NOT share it. Although this very well may be the final version, it's possible there will be updates - especially if any bugs are found in coop that need to be remedied. So, download this only if you are planning to play it on the server:
https://www.mediafire.com/?3qbbdbnekaqdo4x
Edit #2: I did a small update to Eldora well since uploading RTNPUE_v11_HD. Download Eldora by itself here, and overwrite the one that comes with the main zip file:
https://www.mediafire.com/?wr3e6nsy6fqbfw2

Let me know how it goes!
Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 11 Dec 2016, 23:57, edited 2 times in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016, 19:16

Playerstarts are one of those things you can do very little to via mut. I can filter them out and place new ones but if used in conjunction with the spawn at player mut it becomes unreliable because of its fail-safe system that re-enables original playerstarts. It's only guaranteed to work correctly for the initial load spawn since a player death may occur somewhere they're unable to spawn at, triggering the fail-safe. I haven't actually tested without this mut but that case should never experience the same problems since nothing else modifies playerstarts during gameplay. And there's also the problem you mentioned of starting from that map.

Moving all playerstarts to the beginning would be for the best. Even if I didn't change anything in the existing RTNPUE mut it wouldn't cause any actual problems.

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016, 23:11

I will go ahead and move all playerstarts to the beginning of the map in that case. When are you going to play RTNPUEv11?

Edit: Ok, I updated Eldora so all the playerstarts are in the first area with the pool of water (where the bars would initially trap you). I uploaded the updated map by itself. Just download the full version of RTNPUE_v11_HD first (posted above), then download this zip file with just Eldora.unr to overwrite it (it goes in Maps\RTNPUE):
https://www.mediafire.com/?wr3e6nsy6fqbfw2

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 19:11

We do today?
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 20:55

RTNPUEv1.1 is on now, just need to add an updated extension and hope for the best. Will be starting from crashsite2 again as I feel the areas that need to most attention are the last few and first couple maps. I haven't had time to work on the main CS mut so spawning still has a couple bugs introduced in the last build. Also, it should be noted since this is the first coop test of a yet released campaign, nothing is on redirect.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 22:00

zYnthetic wrote:RTNPUEv1.1 is on now, just need to add an updated extension and hope for the best. Will be starting from crashsite2 again as I feel the areas that need to most attention are the last few and first couple maps. I haven't had time to work on the main CS mut so spawning still has a couple bugs introduced in the last build. Also, it should be noted since this is the first coop test of a yet released campaign, nothing is on redirect.

I don't understand - what are we actually running there, original RTNPUE or the incoming version? I can't join the server in any way unless I remove all the related files which consequently forces me to download stuff for long period of times.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 22:13

UBerserker wrote:
zYnthetic wrote:RTNPUEv1.1 is on now, just need to add an updated extension and hope for the best. Will be starting from crashsite2 again as I feel the areas that need to most attention are the last few and first couple maps. I haven't had time to work on the main CS mut so spawning still has a couple bugs introduced in the last build. Also, it should be noted since this is the first coop test of a yet released campaign, nothing is on redirect.

I don't understand - what are we actually running there, original RTNPUE or the incoming version? I can't join the server in any way unless I remove all the related files which consequently forces me to download stuff for long period of times.

It's the build from a few posts up.
viewtopic.php?p=73542#p73495
Afaik, the HD beta with an updated Eldora.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 22:22

zYnthetic wrote:
UBerserker wrote:

It's the build from a few posts up.
http://unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?p=73542#p73495
Afaik, the HD beta with an updated Eldora.

Oh there is it, thanks, gonna come soon after eating.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return to NaPali: UEv1.1

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 00:30

We played quickly through RTNPUE1.1 again. It's pretty much release-worthy now, aside Nexus End is accidentally skipped.
There are some spawnpoint issues in few maps like Toxic and NexusBeg but overall nothing gamebreaking.
ImageImage

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return to NaPali: UEv1.1

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 00:39

Why was NexusEnd skipped? Was it map-related, or mutator-related?

Previous Next