This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return to NaPali: UEv1.1

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 00:53

Overall everything went well. HD skins don't cause any problems. All game breaking stuff is verified fixed. The only issue with the RTNPUE extension is Nexus switching to SpireValley from getting assigned Nexus End's exit url because of similar level titles, which is totally fixable. I'm also going to add one ammo in NagomiSun for the sake of getting inventory properly assigned to respawning players in my own muts.

Coopsuite needs some work. I think I ended up putting an older build on the server a couple weeks ago that didn't quite have total functionality of the improvements I made. It's something I'll need to look into over the next few weeks and fix up for the next session, which considering I wont be around the next couple weekends, wont' be until next year.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 01:16

So is there anything that has to be modified on my end, or is this version good as is?
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 01:33

It's good. Just a couple things I've got left to do.

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 01:52

Great. Is there any way I can get all the mutators you have created/used to package and release with RTNPUE v1.1 when you are done? I am also going on vacation, so it likely will not be released until after New Years anyway.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 04:33

Yeah, I think I can do that. The RTNPUE extension probably needs about 30min work to touch up on a few minor things. The main mut, CoopSuite needs at least a couple days work and one more test until I'm confident that it's stable and has everything I'd like in it. My current plan is to release CS and 3 extensions together to provide as much functionality as possible in one download. As mentioned RTNPUE just needs a few minor things. Xidia passed testing over a month ago. This leaves 7Bullets, which is going to be run on the first weekend of January. If everything checks out I'll just need a couple days to write some usage docs and a release, which you're welcome to bundle, should be ready.

Masterkent
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 12:49

As far as I remember, the worst thing in RTNPUE was the package naming convention. Giving a modified package the same name as the original package has is generally a bad idea. A user cannot install both into the same game installation and is forced to make multiple copies of game due to name conflicts. For server admins this means that it's not possible to dynamically switch between original and modified stuff without restarting the server using a different config.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 12:57

Masterkent wrote:As far as I remember, the worst thing in RTNPUE was the package naming convention. Giving a modified package the same name as the original package has is generally a bad idea. A user cannot install both into the same game installation and is forced to make multiple copies of game due to name conflicts. For server admins this means that it's not possible to dynamically switch between original and modified stuff without restarting the server using a different config.

This is true, it was quite a pain in the ass removing all the related content from the main system/maps folder because the game checked those first.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 19:38

UBerserker wrote:
Masterkent wrote:As far as I remember, the worst thing in RTNPUE was the package naming convention. Giving a modified package the same name as the original package has is generally a bad idea. A user cannot install both into the same game installation and is forced to make multiple copies of game due to name conflicts. For server admins this means that it's not possible to dynamically switch between original and modified stuff without restarting the server using a different config.

This is true, it was quite a pain in the ass removing all the related content from the main system/maps folder because the game checked those first.

Is it possible that it's because you tested RTNPUE HD? I remember you having problems with v1 and mentioning different installs, and problems again with v1.1. Both the server and client only ever had one version installed at a time and didn't run into any issues. I can see this being a possible issue if Upak was modified for RTNPUE and the original already exists on the client from another mod. Other than that, I'm not sure what package(s) is causing a conflict.

Ed: OK, I think I get it now. I was assuming a lot considering the stability of RTNP in UT without mods is pretty poor, I would expect the content to be something clients wouldnt bother with. The lack of unique package prefixes was only seen to me as an indexing inconvenience but I can see where it would pose a problem for any players that at any point installed the original content.

Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017, 22:26

Hey Zyn, how is the mutator coming? I was thinking of trying to get RTNPUEv1.1 out in the next week. It would be nice if your coop mutator was included. :)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017, 19:54

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey Zyn, how is the mutator coming? I was thinking of trying to get RTNPUEv1.1 out in the next week. It would be nice if your coop mutator was included. :)

He said he'll be back after the holidays, I don't think he was able to work on anything in the meantime.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017, 17:57

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey Zyn, how is the mutator coming? I was thinking of trying to get RTNPUEv1.1 out in the next week. It would be nice if your coop mutator was included. :)

If you want to release, go for it. While it would be nice to bundle CS, coop is such a small part (today) and the application (only works on dedi servers) is even smaller. While all the RTNPUE code is done, the core mutators need some more work and i don't want to hold you back.

My current plans in regard to release put a date somewhere around 2 weeks. This is a week later than I was expecting because right now I'm behind where I want to be with work and CS has taken a back seat to that. That said, I'm going to be passing on this week's game both because of how busy I am and the bugs that have cropped up in the core mutators that I still haven't fixed yet.

By next week I plan on having the CS spawning bugs fixed and testing the 7bullets mut candidate. I'm putting aside an extra week to iron out any bugs I expect to find, which unless I run into any major problems I'm looking at a complete release of Coopsuite with Xidia, 7B, and RTNPUE extensions that following week (21st).

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017, 21:01

Seven Bullets today. This test will mark the first coop playthrough without cutting any gameplay sections.
Spawning bugs in CoopSuite have been fixed. I just need an extra 30 min to eat and setup the server.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Seven Bullets

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017, 21:44

Getting in
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017, 21:48

I had to disable spawning with weapons since it's not working correctly in 7B. Considering this is one of the few campaigns that places stuff near the spawns for coop, I'm not too concerned about it affecting today's playthrough. I'm really behind on the 7B extension since I haven't touched it since October but iirc everything save for replacing ScriptedHumans with a more stable class was completed.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017, 00:33

Overall I think there's a few map edits I could have done better but the most glaring issue is the bots. ScriptedHumans have to go. When they're not ungodly difficult, they're crashing the server. I might try copying relevant info (event/tag/orders/etc) to a u2rtnp pawn to serve as a replacement. I liked how they behaved in RTNPUE so we'll see.

Previous Next