This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Deja Vu

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016, 20:27

DV again and testing out a new spawning system I wrote that's making me consider removing the checkpoint system from CoopSuite entirely.

New player spawn system: Spawn at Player.
If a player exists in the game they now serve as a PlayerStart. All original PlayerStarts are disabled unless the server is empty. If a player dies, the PlayerStart they carry is temporarily moved to the closest PathNode (in case they drowned, burned, or died in some other undesirable area to spawn at) until they respawn. The system also guesses which weapons the player should have based on the type of ammo in the map, and adds those weapons, full, to the inventory of any spawning players that don't at least have an automag (to avoid giving weapons just because the map changed).
It's basically a system that eliminates the need for muts/admins to use transportation systems to move players past cleared areas or spawn weapons for players to fill up on. For players it means they can get right back into the game rather than waiting for inventories to fill or having to walk through empty areas that have already been cleared.

CoopBeacon also received another update.
Beacon auto color. Changes the color of a player's beacon based on their health.
Custom beacon color. Client-side option to use a custom color instead of auto.

Enemy scaling is having issues with projectiles so while it'll be enabled, it'll apply to everything but.

I'm debating running LootMut until reliability issues can be sorted. It is in its own package now as I felt it doesn't really qualify as a co-op enhancement; something you would expect as a basic feature in a modern co-op game.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016, 19:53

READY TODAY
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 00:10

Testing (I think) went well. I do have a 300mb log filled with oldskool olshadow script warnings though so I'm not sure what that's about yet. Respawns seem to be working great but end up eliminating any penalty for dying so I'll come up with something to balance it out. I think a sweet spot is going to be hit next week if I get loot working and fix scaling which with respawns should all synergize to create a higher, dynamic challenge that's also fair.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 00:55

zYnthetic wrote:I do have a 300mb log filled with oldskool olshadow script warnings though so I'm not sure what that's about yet.

Did this happen in the whole log or just one part?
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016, 04:23

UBerserker wrote:
zYnthetic wrote:I do have a 300mb log filled with oldskool olshadow script warnings though so I'm not sure what that's about yet.

Did this happen in the whole log or just one part?

My net went out after map 7 so my log begins when I reconnect in map 8, so I'm unsure of when this started. That and every map after was filled with thousands of accessed nones. Log is gone, and there's no such thing as olshadow but there is an olpawnshadow, which is for scripted pawns only, and I wasn't doing a thing to them.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016, 01:54

I'm considering running the original campaign this week. I've been too busy working on core classes to incorporate mod support (anything but coopgame2). No special conditions have been added to Spawn-at-Player yet but I did add a configurable value to control how much ammo players spawn with for the weapons they get, which will be set at 50%. The Enemy Scaling problem from last week is fixed though still not quite finished. Health and melee damage will scale correctly now but I haven't been able to do any work with projectiles yet. Lastly, a new mut that disables player collision for friendly pawns will be running. No more getting blocked by stubborn Nalis, cows, players.

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Xidia Gold

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016, 17:24

Xidia Gold is back with a new CoopSuite extension. Xidia is mostly solid so there's only a few issues being fixed here. Coop Beacon, Disabled friendly collision, and a Xidia version of Spawn at Player will also be running.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016, 17:25

I'LL BE PROBABLY THERE
PLEASE MORE PEOPLE, COME
ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016, 18:07

I'll make a concerted effort to be there.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016, 14:03

Late post but yeah it was a really nice session, we decide to clear the entirety of Xidia twice because we felt like it (also because I wanted to have more fun because I was busy with the birthday dinner). A lot of interesting talk toward the end of the session.

Also I finally realized the siren sound in the dead mines cave = it's a heavily pitched down Call6 sound.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016, 21:05

I'll be away this weekend. Shooting moving objects in Atlanta again.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016, 19:19

I'm assuming nothing this week too?
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016, 15:16

I was pulled away for bday stuff. Server has been renewed, so I haven't forgotten about it. I'd like to try something new next week but it'll depend on how far I get with things.

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Project Zephon

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016, 17:56

Project Zephon. This was a lot of fun last time it ran. I'm interested how it holds up w/ the new scaling and spawning muts. It worked out really well in Xidia so I'm hoping it's not just an isolated incident.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Project Zephon

Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016, 18:51

Coming in.
ImageImage

Previous Next