Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

evilgrins Maps & Skins Megathread

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Best to not attach a MonsterEnd to Cyberus

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017, 01:28

This is a Cyberus:

It's virtually impossible to kill.

Details & Download · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/112145.html

Have fun!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Best to not attach a MonsterEnd to Cyberus

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017, 17:48

Cyberus is from Legacy and yeah it's a very scripted boss, from what I remember he could not be killed by firepower, just special events.
ImageImage

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Re: Best to not attach a MonsterEnd to Cyberus

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017, 04:03

UBerserker wrote:from what I remember he could not be killed by firepower

Yeah, I got details about that at the link.

Doing my very through (different link) research · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/112001.html · I found 2 guns from a weird weaponspack that can kill it... plus I've a theory that the Disintigration spell from the Dark Magik weaponpack might be able to kill it too.

Haven't tested that spell as yet.

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: taking a page from Serious Sam

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017, 00:48

I found a great forum (mostly dead) filled with lots of great maps but sadly a lot of them have no bot pathing. This one in particular seemed ideal for a lot of customization so many could enjoy it online and off...

...for those of us who truly love some bots coming to our rescue when we realize our ego lied to us.

I've included a pathed version done by Nelsona + my final edit of his:

Mostly monsters get increasingly harder to beat the further you go in, and before I forget... WATCH OUT FOR THE BUNNIES!

Usual Suspects:
==============
.u /system
.uax /sounds
.umx /music
.unr /maps
.utx /textures
.png - pwetty
.txt - this message will self-destruct

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/n1mjr0l3x​fm2dtf/MH-GardenOfDeath.zip

In the ReadMe that goes with I credited some of the monsters' creators... but I was kinda sleepy and I think I forgot 1 guy.

Gargoyles & Minotaurs were made by Leo T_C_K

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: CTF-Fifa with UTDMT · update of Waffnuffly's edit

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017, 05:06

Big fan of the UTDMT (Unreal Tournament DeathMatch Titan) and I frequently use them in map edits I do. Also, I periodically do searches to see who else has done edits with them.

Which is how I found this:
https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... sd.131390/

That's Waffnuffly's edit of CTF-Fifa. It's got a lot of titans and legless krall and some weird smilies bouncing around the map. It's a bit much, plus you can't tell what titans are on which team... so I thought to make it a bit more playable:

Each team has 1 titan, but there's also 2 referee titans on the gold team... for some reason extra playerbots in any team game pop onto the gold team, if there actually is a gold team those playerbots attack other gold team members. I've no idea why. Anywho, in any team game UTDMT not assigned a team or summoned playerbots always wind up on the gold team, never green... anybody wants to step in and explain that, feel free.

On my edit the Titans are clearly identified as to which team they're on:
Despite the obvious use of NW3's Ultra Gore, I wouldn't recommend it. More often than not it will crash the map... given the Titan's boulders make excessive gore, it's kinda like bowling and players are the pins.

Usual Suspects:
.unr /maps
.umx /music
.utx /textures
.txt - meh
.png - pwetty

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/xrbyr6fqd ... DUTDMT.zip

Also · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/tag/UTDMTmaps

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: CTF/e "Unleash the Titans"

Post Posted: 01 May 2017, 20:28

Recently did a review of this old gametype:

Can be viewed here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12172 · there's a download for it there too.

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: CTF-UTDM-UTexas

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018, 05:49

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Warlord Skins

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 04:52

I've been doing a lot of skinning and mapping of late utilizing the UTDM.u, which should be UTDMW but I didn't name it. Warlords that thing makes accessible for team games is very versatile and useful to me.

What I was wondering is does anyone have any Warlord skins I could use for skinning? Something a bit more unusual, I mean. Don't need to be team colored, I can fix that myself, but a wider rande of skins for these would be great.

What's I've been using thus far...

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Warlord Skins

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018, 08:53

Can’t mention custom monsters without EXU2. Without getting off topic, there are many skins for Warlords as there are the majority of the Unreal beastiary, it even includes wingless variants.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 05:44

UTNerd24 wrote: it even includes wingless variants.

If the skin setup is about the same, I could add wings to those textures.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018, 06:36

evilgrins wrote:
UTNerd24 wrote: it even includes wingless variants.

If the skin setup is about the same, I could add wings to those textures.

You see, that’s the intent. They’re designed to be a subcategory Of Warlord.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Re: taking a page from Serious Sam

Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018, 02:31

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Dinos and Skaarj and Gargoyles... Oh my!

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019, 00:04

Originally intended to do a lot more here, like weapon swaps, but I suppose as is should be okay. Idea to edit this came to mind a couple years back when on some forum (think it was Fuzzy's) someone was complaining about players who rush for the exit rather than kill most monsters on a map first...

...so my thought process was try and make that a little bit more difficult.

Map is essentially the same as standard MH-LostInTime, but I've swapped some monsters with some standard stuff and some not so standard. To access the exit you gotta trigger switches on various points all over the map, which even under normal circumstances isn't that easy... but for those that rush to the end while everyone is thoroughly hunting monsters, I left 2 of my fave monsters near the exit to make it a bit trickier.

Yeah, most know my fave monsters are Skaarj (which I did put more of on this map) but they're not my only faves.

I especially love monsters that're not so easy to kill.

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/a6qirx382 ... TimeEG.zip

Usual Suspects:
.u - /sysem
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png = pwetty

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Serious Sam's Garden of Death.... IN HELL!

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019, 22:45

Happy Friday the 13th!

Stretch back, with help from Nelsona, I edited a Serious Sam themed map · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/112419.html

Since then I've made a few other edits of it, but mostly only to test new monsters I've found and/or to test various weapons on them. There's a Jurassic Park one, an Aliens vs Predator one, etc.

That last one I can't find any adequate weapons to beat even the 2nd wave of monsters.

The initial one got put up on a few servers, and I got the same comment from the admins of those. Apparently a lot of players used double-jump to get up on the walls and run all the way to the end. Given lots of us hate those that rush to the end, I've been debating various ways to defeat that problem, some of which are incorporated here.

This is a recovery situation for a failed DarkForst map, using the same monsters for that and even more as DF only has about 6 to 9 CeatureFactories and the Serious Sam one has 23. So there's some adapted Doom monsters, more than a few Quake monsters, some from the HauntedCreatures.u and a few other things.

So you know... the ghosts from Ghost.u can be killed but not easily!

I'm also working on a Christmas themed version, but it's not quite ready yet.

There are virtually no UT weapons on this map, they're Doom weapons instead:

There are some redeemers in hidden rooms and not convenient locations.

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7etcqygo ... h_Hell.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: CTF-UTDM-BoomBoomBridge][SE

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020, 09:01

1st time I played MH-(UTW)BoomBoomBridge-v2 I marveled at how much it looked like a CTF map, and not just the identical bases on either side of the bridge but also the setup inside the bases just looked like it was designed for CTF play. So I'd been toying with the notion of converting, bouncing the idea off a friend (he's a wizard at pathing) when I was informed it was originally a CTF map.

Medor sent me some links upon my asking and I went through those 3 versions before deciding which one to edit.

Because I was used to it for MonsterHunt I wanted to keep that aspect going so I used UTDMW (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Wardlords) first and then added UTDMT (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titans) to make it a ittle tougher. Fact is it's really easy for either team to win on this map, but these monsters make it a little trickier... although I suspect other human players would quickly find the easy access I use most often when playing.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /sysem
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png = pwetty

Enjoy · http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9diigmlh ... Bridge.zip

Next