This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 06:33

1) Code your own like I did because of this.
2) Asgard doesn't care. I asked about some of these features probably 4 years ago, particularly the warping pawns out because it caused my server to crash when it warped out scripted pawn bots with bIsPlayer = true because ScriptedPawns don't attack bots or whatever in U1.
3) I can make you one work however you want but it might take a while. Check out MrLoathsomes' suggestions first. I know fuck all about UT monster spawners, all I know is monster spawn 203 is reserved for shit status.
4) fuck god damnit why
5) 226f is shit
6) this is not number 7
7) but this is

edit: I made a really good spawning algorithm that spawns FUCKIN HUGE ass monsters pretty well. i'm talking 1/8th or more the size of the sunspire huge.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 07:01

Re: #1. I did.

In testing, my SwarmSpawner has been slamming pretty insane number of pawns into maps
with no issues. Note it will spawn the MonsterSpawn pawns, or whatever the fuck you want.

Only current item on the bug-list for it is to find out why it seems to spawn nothing on CTF-Gladiator.

Re: #2.

I discovered a number of reasons why setting bIsPlayer=True for a scriptedpawn is a horrible idea.
Within the next day or 2, I will be releasing an update for the BadNews! mutator, that includes
some stuff that will make bots and monsters fight each other much more often.
Mooo !

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 11:32

I will be getting to Caseys garbage posts as some stage soon
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 14:25

Oh dear, I didn't intend to stir up a hornet's nest here. Let's all be chill and talk about spawning retarded monsters in more sophisticated ways like gentlemen, shall we?

Casey: I might actually try writing my own one day if only so I can get the learning experience, even if I never release it.

One thing though, is there any practical limit to the size of an array in UE1? I know more than 255 I think will explode the game. I'm asking because having 60 lists of 60 monsters is great, but why not like 15 lists of 200 or something?

Loathsome: I will check this shit right the fuck out dawg

asgard12000

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 15:01

Walnuffy its nothing to do with your post, Casey has some childish grudge or envy. ive got to thank Sana for closing one of the topics, however I've been aware of the barage for some time and have so far let it slide.

I can think of a couple of words that describe a person that attacks someone who he thinks wont be around to reply (due to my retirement) and has more than personal attacks on both my modding and integrity

I can assure everyone that I will reply at some stage, time forbidding
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 22:23

asgard12000 wrote:Walnuffy its nothing to do with your post, Casey has some childish grudge or envy. ive got to thank Sana for closing one of the topics, however I've been aware of the barage for some time and have so far let it slide.

I can think of a couple of words that describe a person that attacks someone who he thinks wont be around to reply (due to my retirement) and has more than personal attacks on both my modding and integrity

I can assure everyone that I will reply at some stage, time forbidding

Finally, the true master comes out of the woodwork! All hail Asgard, lord of modding, the chain of events master. Thine presence has shined divine inspiration into us all by immediately attacking ad-hominem, instead of using facts! I have only used raw, true, 100% facts of what I know about your code, your mods, and your behavior.

The fact of the matter here is your monsterspawn is inadequate for waffnuffly. It was inadequate for me, and others, which is why I coded a spawner for myself, and why there are actually 2 variants of that sitting out and around on unreal. I've also coded one by request for someone at one point.

If you check your PMs on oldunreal, you'll see I PMed you years ago about the bug with bIsPlayer and possibly adding an option to stop that. After a single reply, something to the tune of "i'll get around to it", it never got fixed and is still a bug. I don't have these PMs anymore, I clean my PMs occasionally{and it may have been a different account} Although I imagine your inbox is filled to the brim with bullshit.

I am most certainly not envious of breaking pathing in 227 and calling it a fix, nor am I not envious of the weapon/effects "code" in firestorm, everything else you've made is closed source... maybe for a reason

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 23:41

Monsterspawn doesn't work for you? Fine. Okay. Go ahead and criticize the mod, but just keep the asgard bashing to yourself or take it to PM for once. There's absolutely no reason for you to get this topic closed, and there's definitely no reason for the forums to be flooded with your obnoxious asgard bashing. We get it. You don't like asgard. Give it a rest already, it got old a long time ago.

If you check your PMs on oldunreal, you'll see I PMed you years ago about the bug with bIsPlayer and possibly adding an option to stop that. After a single reply, something to the tune of "i'll get around to it", it never got fixed and is still a bug.

So he's not 100% dedicated to the Unreal mod community. Big deal. He's only human. It is possible that, you know, he actually forgot.

I have only used raw, true, 100% facts of what I know about your code, your mods, and your behavior.

You can stop posting this thing too. Seriously. At least have the decency to wrap screenshot tags around it or something.

It looks more like your opinion than anything else. Every chance you get you treat asgard like he's out to make your life difficult. There's an easy solution to that. Don't use his mods if you hate them so much. Problem solved.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 00:25

OK guys, relax, Jesus. Let's not forget we're making things for a 15-year-old video game now, ok? Whether "facts" are being presented or not, there's no good reason to be really uppity about UScript of all things. If anything, everyone should be united in hating how insufferably shitty UScript can be!

Casey: I wouldn't say Monsterspawn is inadequate for me, as it has provided me and others untold hours of entertainment (and what more can you get out of a mod?). If it never changed and nothing was ever made to improve upon the original design, it would still be very, very useful and welcome in my UT folder. It's just got a few things I'd like to see added. I sent you a reply PM with a list of features I'd want to get out of a mod like this if you're really serious about making one yourself.

Asgard: I don't care how good or bad your code is, I'm just glad you took the initiative to make this stuff in the first place, so thanks for your work. And thank you also for giving me the code years back to make EXU2 pawns attack bots, and to disallow EXU Queens from teleporting. Those were some pretty meaty contributions (especially the former!), and botmatches would be quite a lot less entertaining without them.

User avatar Hermskii

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 01:58

Asgard's work is awesome to me. I embraced way back when it first came out and I had a blast with it. I plan to use his mod again too! MrLoathsome has done some cool stuff with it and I expect to use his modifications as well. I don't know the rest of you so no comment there.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 06:35

Teridax wrote:
You can stop posting this thing too. Seriously. At least have the decency to wrap screenshot tags around it or something.

It looks more like your opinion than anything else. Every chance you get you treat asgard like he's out to make your life difficult. There's an easy solution to that. Don't use his mods if you hate them so much. Problem solved.

While I didn't know "sshot" tag did that, it will be useful in the future, the actual intention of that picture is to do that, if you've played any of the Ace Atorrney games, they throw it in your face... too bad images don't support automatic resizing to fit the resolution on the screen without browser/plugin intervention. I do realize that it may make people with 800x600 pissed off who the fuck has a monitor that small anyway? mine is 1920x1280

Also, he never made my life difficult, but he sure has constantly for everyone who's used AKCoop2 monsters outside of AKcoop2. That's my problem. Like I said before, I made my own monster spawner because MonsterSpawn203 had failed me on a few levels. Asgard himself has caused me personally no issues ever. Just the concept of closing source, forcing people to something arbitrary for no good reason to get pawns to work is abhorrent to me. I seriously wonder how many people have had the problem in "that" topic and could never know because the source was obfuscated.. which leads me to an interesting point..

Asgard! I'm calling you out! I challenge you to release every mod you've made without obfuscation, full source included, no comments removed, essentially untouched. If you actually manage to do this, 95%+ of the problems I've had with you suddenly will be pointless and I will have no reason to have an extreme dislike of your mods.

All of my mods have 100% source included, nothing removed, everything untouched in final release except 2 lines of the AegisGameEngine client security mod for 227 because they reveal a bypass to a small portion of the anticheat in 227 and I don't wish to reveal information to hackers. While a vast majority are not publicly available due to my never finishing them due to engine limitations or otherwise, the ones that are can just be downloaded and recompiled without issue in UED only, UCC compiling some of them would break them due to missing imports.

Nobody uses AKCoop2 anymore in a serious sense to my knowledge, I fail to see any problems with security in releasing the source code since they can actually get fixed that way instead of stay holes permanently.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 07:42

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Also, he never made my life difficult, but he sure has constantly for everyone who's used AKCoop2 monsters outside of AKcoop2.

Well, not so sure about that. I sort of remember having to tweak a lot of various ini files
and try a few things to get the original AKcoop working online with UT and oldskool, but that was
a long long time ago. If I remember correctly, when AKCoop2 came out it was not a huge
deal to get it working on the server.

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Nobody uses AKCoop2 anymore in a serious sense to my knowledge

Well, dunno how serious it is, but my AKCoop2/ECoop server is still up 24/7.....
It also uses MonsterSpawn to add the Jurassic and NaPali pawns. I only use my Dropper
mutator on that one to add extra guns/inventory and EXU flares.

Although I replaced MonsterSpawn on my Assault/DOM and DM/CTF servers with spawners
I have written, most of what I have them spawning, are Asgard's pawns.

At this point, I am glad Asgard didn't release his source.

It has all been working great for me, and I suspect I have been running and playing his stuff
for longer and more time than ANYBODY.

While working on both the Dropper and SwarmSpawner mutators, I made a point of not looking at
anybody's code except Epics. Made a lot of checks for info in the UDN documents and the various
wiki's however. Also got some valuable advice from Core and Ferlidragon on a few points.

I learned a lot more about how the unreal engine does things by doing it that way I am sure.

If any bits of my source match Asgards, well I have to say again. Great job Asgard.
You did that part perfect the 1st time. :D 8) :lol:

I will now bail from this post, I think..... But that needed to be said.
Last edited by MrLoathsome on 28 Apr 2012, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mooo !

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 10:49

I use AKCoop2 on my 226b server. :P What do you think about that??!!
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

medor
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 13:37

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:7777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:5555/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6777/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/][img]https://cache.gametracker.com/server_info/77.135.96.69:6666/b_350_20_692108_381007_ffffff_000000.png[/img][/url]

Maxer 64

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 18:05

All Rights Reserved wrote:I use AKCoop2 on my 226b server. :P What do you think about that??!!

Also, I play on it. :D

If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 19:08

It's almost as if that other topic didn't happen. Try using an AKCoop2 monster without any third party intervention to let them work.

Also, Maxer... you're running MCoop as the gametype, not AKCoop2.

At this point, I am glad Asgard didn't release his source.

While working on both the Dropper and SwarmSpawner mutators, I made a point of not looking at
anybody's code except Epics.
Made a lot of checks for info in the UDN documents and the various
wiki's however. Also got some valuable advice from Core and Ferlidragon on a few points.

I learned a lot more about how the unreal engine does things by doing it that way I am sure.

If any bits of my source match Asgards, well I have to say again. Great job Asgard.

I will now bail from this post, I think..... But that needed to be said.

Advocating against something that could have helped an unknown number of people, slight contradictions, impossibilities..

Logic found : 0, even when disregarding the content of the other post.. possible zealot detected

Previous Next