A random sentence for a random mind.

WTF LOL! (Warning: Screen Distorting Images)

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: WTF LOL! (Warning: Screen Distorting Images)

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 08:10

I know a lot of us like watching bot matches so...

\o/

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 10:39

Didn't know one of the WD weapons looked like a Brute's hand. Nice screens.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 15:49

Holy shit that is a lot of frags. :lol: Did you really kill that many dudes for days on end, or was there a score system set up with that gametype?

[Edit] Just saw the 5.5-hour game timer. You really did, didn't you! Fantastic! :D
[Edit2] Wait, did you even play or just spectate and let the game run for ages?

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 16:59

Well, MonsterSpawn is on. :P And, no, I'm not crazy enough to fight 31 Godlike bots in WL Degen at this rate. :lol: I left the the botmatch to resolve itself for the 5.5 hours I was away from home today. :lol: I was surprised to find a bot stand out of other fellow bots.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 17:38

Really? We all know Loque is a tough m*therf*cker :o

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008, 21:42

I'm surprised that Tamerlane is so far from the first position, as it is another ****ed up bot.
ImageImage

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 01:12

UBerserker wrote:I'm surprised that Tamerlane is so far from the first position, as it is another ****ed up bot.

Well, Tamerlane is pretty much an aimbot but he totally sucks balls when it comes top dodge rockets and flak grenades.
Loque is good in both dodging and aimbotting.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 08:30

That's a lot of guns.

As for Tamerlane, I've noticed that he doesn't fare well when the player count is high. But he's still second to Logue. Logue+SniperRifle+Godlike=Pwn.

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 08:50

I'm amazed (and somewhat disappointed) that so many people know the default UT bot behaviors so well, which really just indicates that few people customize their bots extensively like I do. :p

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 10:57

Actually, I once had all my bots completely customized, but that was years and separate PCs ago. Basically they were all Logue-skill bots with lewd names and all custom models.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 12:44

Waffnuffly wrote:I'm amazed (and somewhat disappointed) that so many people know the default UT bot behaviors so well, which really just indicates that few people customize their bots extensively like I do. :p

I've gone one better than that. Some years ago I created a whole new SP ladder, which required custom bots for every map. In fact, I have just now reinstalled all the necessary custom content and intend to give it a go. :P
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 13:53

Hellscrag wrote:I've gone one better than that. Some years ago I created a whole new SP ladder, which required custom bots for every map. In fact, I have just now reinstalled all the necessary custom content and intend to give it a go. :P

I also modified the entire SP ladder, making it like the one of the PS2 version which I found more entertaining.

Dominator from the console UTs had incredible jumping/dodging skills. It's a shame that Epic didn't release the Skaarj Bot model for UT.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 15:29

Wow; I guess modifying the SP ladder has to count for something! I tried to do that by turning on Weapons Stay (seriously, how the hell did I ever play the damn thing without that) and some other tweaks, but for me it involved running a command every time a match began and I ended up still displeased with the stiffness of the stock guns.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2008, 17:56

Waffnuffly wrote:Wow; I guess modifying the SP ladder has to count for something! I tried to do that by turning on Weapons Stay (seriously, how the hell did I ever play the damn thing without that) and some other tweaks, but for me it involved running a command every time a match began and I ended up still displeased with the stiffness of the stock guns.

To get it to work I had to create a new Console class. Let's just say that UT was never meant to be extended in this way. :P

Life is what you make of it.