Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Forward flip

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Subject: Forward flip

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 10:02

When I play Unreal or UT GOTY online, I notice that some other players do a fancy forward flip while running about. It seems to be really effective because it's sodding hard to shoot them. Does anyone know how to do the forward flip?

I've tried double-pressing Forward but that just makes your man bound forward quickly.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 10:15

Is done when you dodge forward. Bots sometimes flip with a normal jump.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 12:55

UBerserker wrote:Is done when you dodge forward. Bots sometimes flip with a normal jump.

What he said. The flip is just an animation.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:38

A foward flip does not make the bots harder to hit, the hitbox is still WAY bigger than the flipping bot so just shoot like the bot is running. The only thing flipping does is confusing the attacker, but you'll get used to it.

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:03

-Visc- wrote:The only thing flipping does is confusing the attacker, but you'll get used to it.

Yeah, I think that's what it boils down to. Good little addition, I thought.

So from now on I'll just shoot the bots as normal. It matters little what I do, mind - me being as bad as I am at DM, I'll still end up with a Flak Shell in my face or in several gibbed pieces after being targeted with the-much-favoured-by-UT-veterans ASMD combo. Ah well. :lol:
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"