ividyon will never get this done, will he.

I think Co-Op is stupid.

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 00:09

Yes, and I found that interesting as a way to explain that. But when I play Unreal and RTNP or think about them, I tend to overlook NC as a precursor.

See it comes down to personal taste. I personally believe there are three kinds of Unreal maps; Canonical, Non-canonical, and WTF maps. All have their place.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 01:29

hmmm, Tower always seemed like a very na pali style map pack to me.... Where did the multiverse thing come from? meh, it does come down to personal preference i suppose. :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 01:43

I said multiverse. I actually don't know the author's intentions, but it always seemed like a pack that was purposely unrelated to Unreal.

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Hazmat Suit

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 02:13

Is there a pack out there with a hazmat zuit that functions jsut like an airtank? With icon and all? I need a suit that lets me walk in damage zones [lava zonetype probably, not sure how i will do it]. It should pickup and auto activate when ever, just like an air tank. Needs an icon. And it should last about as long as an airtank.

Edit: uh..i posted a new topic..wtf?
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 11:35

Wat? Err anyway I think there aren't packs with a suit like that. Just use God mode.

Or make a Suit with more ProtectionTypes through scripting.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 21:05

Shrakith'a, like NC and Illhaven, embraces a magical interpretation of the Nali rather than the more scientific "telekinesis" approach that I believe the original game promotes. I agree that Shrakith'a isn't necessarily set on Na Pali or indeed set in the context of the original game's storyline at all, as it seems to inhabit a world and lore of its own. Having said that, it's been a while since I've played it!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 22:45

I never had the slightest doubt that the world of Shrakith'a had nothing to do with Unreal, not that it matters much either way.
Last edited by Semfry on 20 Dec 2008, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 00:19

I am flabbergasted! I've always seen tower as beign set on na pali and fitting in with the original storyline with no issues.
And erm, i thought the nali were portrayed just as in original unreal..... They don't do anything we haven't already seen before in original unreal (Except for that nali with the tray of drinks; absolute gold).

bah! *Goes of to play the pack again and work out whether i'm talking BS or not*

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 08:53

UBerserker wrote:Wat? Err anyway I think there aren't packs with a suit like that. Just use God mode.

Or make a Suit with more ProtectionTypes through scripting.

I'm not going to tell players they have to use cheats to finish my map.
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 14:05

Quoting Makkura/MadMartigian's most recent stuff regarding Shraikith'a, for those who are interested or forgotten about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the effort, it's cool to see this development of an existing story. The connections to the Unreal setting are very subtle and well crafted. I'm interested in seeing how the Unreal universe will work its way further into this story.

I can answer some questions about the Tower of Shrakith'a setting/story.

1. The tower is indeed an evil place - constructed by the enslaved Nali, and haunted by the arcane powers of Shrakith'a.
2. I can see how the priests in this piece of fiction could be the oppressed Nali professizing the arrival of the saviour (the player).
3. The Guardian is an immortal minion of Shrakith'a who protects the transitions between worlds. Whenever the guardian is defeated, the victor may then use the portal between worlds. The actual "Shrakith'a" is a being which was never really witnessed or explained in the map pack.
4. Shrakith'a is something made up just for the map pack, and the tower isn't neccessarily on NaPali either (the player never knows which planet they've been stranded on).
5. Many details of the Shrakith'a setting were left unexplained so that you could "fill in the gaps" with your own imagination as you played through the maps.
ImageImage

User avatar Punisher
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 21:38

UBerserker wrote:3 would never do such a thing.
Believe me, oh yes he would, if you changed your name to A_Terran_Pirate(My brother's name) and went on there he'd kick you out for no reason. He's evil :twisted:, thats the only warning from the server you got about getting Kickbanned for no reason. BTW, I like the Killer cows in Loathsomes. But in 3's server, his place is laggier than I know what. :lol:
Last edited by Punisher on 21 Dec 2008, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.gta4.net/weapons/

It has all funniest weapons, in the war on Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNrthYW20

Liquor, Guns, and Fun.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 21:49

Kickbanning for no reason still sounds weird, but just everywhere as well.
3's still my Jesus for the UT Coop community.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 23:44

Punisher wrote:But in 3's server, his place smells like Crap as if he already crapped all over the place :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: before people joined.

Just a warning - I don't like it when people badmouth other members of the Unreal community behind their backs!

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Punisher
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008, 00:59

Hellscrag wrote:
Punisher wrote:But in 3's server, his place smells like Crap as if he already crapped all over the place :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: before people joined.

Just a warning - I don't like it when people badmouth other members of the Unreal community behind their backs!
Huh, Oh My bad :( . Im just trying to get away from that Planetmonsterhunt site. Are they in the Community to? :? Sorry about that 8) but PMH(Planet monsterhunt) badmouth this community also. :shake:

Dont worry, one day I'll tell the Funder of the site to close it down if they like to Badmouth other Communities aswell as my Family members. :|
http://www.gta4.net/weapons/

It has all funniest weapons, in the war on Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNrthYW20

Liquor, Guns, and Fun.

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008, 01:30

UBerserker wrote:Quoting Makkura/MadMartigian's most recent stuff regarding Shraikith'a, for those who are interested or forgotten about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the effort, it's cool to see this development of an existing story. The connections to the Unreal setting are very subtle and well crafted. I'm interested in seeing how the Unreal universe will work its way further into this story.

I can answer some questions about the Tower of Shrakith'a setting/story.

1. The tower is indeed an evil place - constructed by the enslaved Nali, and haunted by the arcane powers of Shrakith'a.
2. I can see how the priests in this piece of fiction could be the oppressed Nali professizing the arrival of the saviour (the player).
3. The Guardian is an immortal minion of Shrakith'a who protects the transitions between worlds. Whenever the guardian is defeated, the victor may then use the portal between worlds. The actual "Shrakith'a" is a being which was never really witnessed or explained in the map pack.
4. Shrakith'a is something made up just for the map pack, and the tower isn't neccessarily on NaPali either (the player never knows which planet they've been stranded on).
5. Many details of the Shrakith'a setting were left unexplained so that you could "fill in the gaps" with your own imagination as you played through the maps.

OK, that's interesting. I've never read that before...
Oh well, i'm just going to go with what he says in point five and use my imagination. And my imagination says "This pack is set on Na Pali". :D

Previous Next