Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

CTF-Perdition (+ Gothic deco)

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: CTF-Perdition (+ Gothic deco)

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008, 14:55

I launch this map here as well as it has new decorations that you might find usefull to place in your maps, campaigns and so.

This is a map requested to me by CandyMan, and I wanted to release it by Halloween time, and well, it came a little bit earlier.

It's a map based in Hell, castles and has all the wings members listed in a wall inside the castles (based on the wings members in early September).
And it may lag in some more old computers, so turn dynamic lighting off to improve performance, and for another hand, the bot pathing is not well built, but still it's playable.
It has some files such:
ConcreteLucifer.umx - 11Mb
Gothic.u - 13Mb (the decoration package, with some textures as well)
WINGS_TX.utx - 6Mb
CTF-{WINGS}Perdition (RX version of the map) - 5Mb
CTF-{W}Perdition (normal CTF version) - 5Mb

Here's the download link: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Perditio ... einfo.html

This is the Hell version, but I am doing a thunder storm version to release by Halloween as well.

And here's some shots:

[center]General:[/center]

[center]RX version:[/center]

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008, 15:13

Please post multiplayer projects in the Multiplayer Matters forum and single player projects in the Projects forum... neither belong in the Content Creation forum, which is (and I quote) "for questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design."
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008, 15:32

Sorry, I placed in Content Creation by mistake.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008, 15:42

Haha, this map is great fun, I like the brimstone-rain.- A brimstone hit my reedemer missile.
I'll play it on halloween with monsterspawn and 30 godlike bots just for fun. :lol::tup:

But there are two negative things, the earth texture is very low quality and the music stops to loop after about 5 minutes. :?

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008, 10:25

Looks very atmospheric.
I see you've used some stock UT2004 meshes as decos in this map. Are those things shown on last shot stock UT2004 static meshes? I can't recall seeing them in any other map than CTF-FP-DyingHonour, and I believed these ain't stock UT2004 meshes.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2008, 10:23

-Visc- wrote:But there are two negative things, the earth texture is very low quality and the music stops to loop after about 5 minutes. :?

I know, I should have apllied a detail texture to the terrain texture, and the music is just like that, it seems to loop, but it really doesn't loop, it only finishes as the song it is, and starts again.

kea wrote:Looks very atmospheric.
I see you've used some stock UT2004 meshes as decos in this map. Are those things shown on last shot stock UT2004 static meshes? I can't recall seeing them in any other map than CTF-FP-DyingHonour, and I believed these ain't stock UT2004 meshes.

Yeah, you're right, the last meshes came from Chaos UT Evolution (Chaos for UT2004). I thought they would look cool for the RX pickups. 8)