Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Real cooperative

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Meigus
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Real cooperative

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 05:02

From reading some of the posts, and seeing myself playing cooperative in unreal is so-so, can anyone suggest like a good mod or something for cooperative?

I'm not talking like, two people just play from point A to B on the same server, but a more "in-depth" cooperative. I wanted to play over LAN with someone.

If anyone's played "Phantasy Star Online" on Dreamcast or PC, you might know what I mean. I want a game where like one person needs to go somewhere while someone else is doing something else. (like say a button seperate from a bridge, and a switch after the bridge lets person 2 past the point)

Any suggestions?

PS I'm really interested in a "whole" coop game. Like Duke Nukem 64 had a coop mode, and System Shock 2 had a coop mode, but that game was too buggy to play. I haven't seen any good cooperative games outside of maybe "Army of Two", but that's not PC. I'm just looking for a simple first-person shooter (with or without experience/upgrade functions) that's cooperative on LAN. Extra points for Unreal engine.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009, 05:22

the cooperative you ask for doesn't exist to my knowledge in ANY Unreal or UT99 mod.

It would be cool to start up a mod team for this kind of pack though... and yes.. I did/am a PSO:BB player for the PC.. the story line blows.. but the online play is spectacular.