This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Did this MH map-pack spawn the BunnyTrack Genre?

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Marina
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Did this MH map-pack spawn the BunnyTrack Genre?

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 12:40

First my personal opinion as a briefing.

Its no secret BT is not UT no matter which elite mappers get involved to it - people complained about Ghandijets ("For what do you have legs) but appreciate vehicle crap in the sequels, people complain about some mods like Binslayer arent UT but appreciate something (BT) thats definatly no UT and no FSP either. UT's a FSP and BT doesnt have anyhting to do with them both except sharing the engine. So i used to discuss with my friends were BT originated in. Some think it might be the slope wall sliding thing at DM-Curse but if you look at the old BT maps you see the coincidences, they're more like a speciific MH thing... a very... baaad MH map pack but legendary early material (this post is no diss of MonsterMaster).

I wonder like ... sicne BT came up... if the maps from MH-TheGauntlet by MonsterMaster with its... well... lack of mapping skills spawned the BT Genre?

Also from the attitude of those kiddies that love to prove their superiority in MH-TheGauntlet back then (continued in crap like MH-Godz i strongly claim that MH maps spawned the BT genre.
People in DM-Curse might think "Yea gettin good at BT will bring big skills in DM but as it proved in the end least maps feature enough terrain that can be used for those dodges and jumps that it would be worth to train on silly jumps tahn on melee fight accuracy.

Thus, since it was completely pointless to practice jumping over and over, they invented the BT genre. And its noticeable that especially younger players are attracted from this oportunity to show off their skills.

So what do you think did MH-The Gauntlet give birth to the BT Genre?
It would be ironic. The incompetence to map something decent spawned stuff that grew like a plague for the "elites" - funnel gameplay never claimed to be anything more than fun but loads of low brow people condemned it like ist anything serious - but whats BT in comparison -- it doesnt have half of it to do with UT - while funnel gaming is fun UT - its definatly DM. Can you call BT a definate CTF? SCavenger hunt is more a CTF than BT. Its not having anything to do with UT but an oportunity to prove to "pwn", a complete turn off to me -- like "Why go to the stadium - much more sport pwnage here on the junkyard with all the trash and obstacles lying around" - yea playing in the trash, matches the quality of whats left from days when people played Deathmatch.Why is garbage Gameplay the hype nowadays, just because to prove "Im better than you?" --- sux. Why is it always the crap that people love most, and presumed MH-TehGauntlet IS the root of this, BT its proven crap. Since crap originates in Crap. I would not care if it would not soil the quality of Deathmatch and UT in general. If i wana jump i play MarioBros >_> Oo

I wanted to discuss this since like 2005 XD Especially since my friend Teasy build for that crap mode back then and i couldnt make him map for Deathmatch anymore no matter what i said --- BT blows to much and my real life nick is Bunny, guess how much i HATE this crap in UT >_>

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 14:16

I have no idea who gave birth to what or when or why and I don't care. If you think a gametype like Bunnytrack is stupid (and I agree, it does sound pretty dumb to just jump all over), so what? Let people have their fun. I really couldn't care less if someone enjoys BT maps. Different strokes for different folks.

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 14:24

BT blows in my opinion, Lacks the Fell that Trails has on UT2k4 Which have a lot of different Jumps and stuff, well BT is like jump or dodge to get to location.. Or weapon jumps.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 18:38

Moving to the multiplayer forum
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 21:07

It's obvious its origin is from as far back as Quake (probably even Doom in terms of rocket-jumps etc); where stuff like trickjumping maps for people to practice their skills and/or show off have existed far before things like Bunnytrack (which is just the UT version with a more competitive slant).

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009, 22:35

Not really sure about the origins of Bunnytrack, but I enjoy it quite a lot. Remember playing it for hours on end with UArch :o Good times

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 05:39

Waffnuffly wrote:I have no idea who gave birth to what or when or why and I don't care. If you think a gametype like Bunnytrack is stupid (and I agree, it does sound pretty dumb to just jump all over), so what? Let people have their fun. I really couldn't care less if someone enjoys BT maps. Different strokes for different folks.

If ya don't know or have a view based on the thread title, did BBS create "forums"?
Just ban everyone