Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

EXU2 CoopGame2 server is online and looking for players

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: EXU2 CoopGame2 server is online and looking for players

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 01:30

Server Name: EXU2:Batshit-Insane
Game Tab: UT Servers
IP: 69.12.96.138:7777

Additional Information:

If you have not download EXU2:Batshit Insane, you can download it from the redirect server. If your going to download from the redirect server, you MUST make sure you have this (http://www.udhq.gvolt.com/ut/RMusicPlayer.dll) file inside your UT install system folder before joining the server:

http://www.udhq.gvolt.com/ut/RMusicPlayer.dll

I would like to maybe get some times from those who are interested in playing EXU together online. Please post the times when you are available and maybe we can work a date/time out.

The server is hosted in the United States East Coast near New York. My hosting provider is http://www.artofwarcentral.com

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 01:42

Awesome, UA and I are going to try this out now :o

[Edit] Working quite nicely :tup:

I may be able to hop on this for a bit in a few days, since spring break starts on Monday for me. I'll be in town, mostly just working until Wednesday when I go home to visit folks for a while.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 02:40

Ehhh, now I'm kind of confused.
Got RMusicPlayer version mismatch, most probably because I'm running the updated version instead of EXU's boundled one. I must downgrade it, don't I?
Last edited by Jethro on 05 Mar 2009, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 02:52

Hm yeah, I will use the updated one in my next patch. For now, just rename it to .bak or something.

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 03:32

It was... fun as long as you know what to do, ignore the crashes and the fact that some spawnpoints don't seem to work (why you have to go all th way from the beginning in Shitstorm while the spawnpoint near the gate should be active?). Also, my ut.log ended at 2,5 GBtes :lol:

Anyway, that WAS fun, thatks for the game! :tup:
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 04:56

Yeah, thanks for hosting this jackrabbit :)

We kinda figured out the Map 2 crash bug through process of elimination--probably the Fuckoff Krall on one of the tables. Map 10 we just got a crash in but were too tired to test it, so I'll work on that on my own later. I hope it was a one-time deal, but dunno. Anyway, should be fixable.

I get huge ut.log files, too. It's because of an accessed none in olpawnshadow(Oldskool)'s tick function, so it just spams the log non-stop with those lines.

I also know I need to do something about Map 6 lacking teleporters to go through the force fields (even though you can use the translocator exploit), and I need to make Map 9 end properly somehow or become skippable if you shoot an optional, coop-only trigger somewhere or something. Map 9 is fine in SP, but really weird and broken in coop for reasons unknown.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 20:25

there is some strange Bug also.. When you're Shooting with the Peddledopper You won't see the Projectiles until it has been flying for 1 second..

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009, 20:30

Typical netplay stuff. There's a bunch of improvements that still need to be made to netcode and styff. Hell Gun alt fire effects, for example, don't display in coop.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 02:38

Waffnuffly wrote:Typical netplay stuff. There's a bunch of improvements that still need to be made to netcode and styff. Hell Gun alt fire effects, for example, don't display in coop.

lol yeah, I noticed that about the HellGun. Well, thats one way to distinguish someone who has played the pack offline compared to someone who hasn't played it offline

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:27

another bug report for EXU coop:

Nyleve aka HugeHam seems to be the only really bitch of a map in co-op (lol)
Okay, well maybe stuff after the DoomHouse too.. (that hasn't been explored yet on the server)

In HugeHam, the door to the exit is simply locked. I tried reloading HugeHam multiple times on difficulties 0 and 1 to see if something was causing it and I couldn't find anything..... any ideas why this is happening online?

EDIT:

if your wondering how I got past the crash (that hoverkralls bug), if you have the difficulty level set lower than 3 those hoverkrall are not present. I guess this is part of the filters? or is that another error?

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:37

Filters. Also, the door at the end opens when you kill the Fuckoff Merc/Krall (difficulty determines which one). If you do a killall exu.fuckoffkrall, you destroy the Krall (on Easy and Medium) and thus can't open the door.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:39

interesting.. because when I play on difficulty 0 or 1... there isn't a fuckoff krall at the end... (something must be killing it in coop). I didn't do killall exu.fuckoffkrall btw. I'll try ghosting to the end on difficulty 0 and 1 and see if it even exists at the beginning of the map

EDIT: yep... on difficulty 0 I ghosted to the end of HugeHam and to no avail no boss at all (FuckOff Krall or any other boss)
Last edited by jackrabbit on 06 Mar 2009, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:41

Ah, I think I forgot to set bNet and bNetSpecial to true. Normally I disable Easy and Medium pawns for coop since they are weaker than the Hard/Unreal ones. However, if you do that, when you play coop on Easy, you don't get any pawns. :I I will run through the maps and make sure all the monsters that are supposed to appear also appear in coop.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:44

I personally would say to keep the fuckoff krall a boss on all difficulties in coop (not sure if that is possible though)

EDIT: I think next I'm going to examine doomhouse in offline coop mode to see if I can get any good logs out of it.

EDIT#2: It's looking like that DoomHouse crash was a one time crash after all. I loaded up the map in Unreal difficulty on my offline coop server and no crash... will test further to make sure

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009, 17:57

The Fuckoff Krall is only a miniboss on Easy and Medium. On Hard and Unreal, it's a Mercenary, and that one DOES show up in coop.

Good to hear about Map 10.

Next