Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Old Skool Coop Bug

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 03:08

Possibly the map?
Remake a test map box map

Aniother words to eliminate any starting sequence file issues between starting UT via oldskool to to running the editor using a test box map.

unless you checked that already.

just thinking
Just ban everyone

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 03:38

Um, well this issue occurs in every map I've tested so far. I first noticed it in Operation Na Pali. I then tried some official Unreal maps, and they were the same. I tired the same maps in UGold, and they were fine. I know it's not the maps...
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 04:57

Lightning Hunter wrote:Um, well this issue occurs in every map I've tested so far. I first noticed it in Operation Na Pali. I then tried some official Unreal maps, and they were the same. I tired the same maps in UGold, and they were fine. I know it's not the maps...

I have picked up invisible weapons before on-line.My fix ended up tossing the weapon immediately, but I would have thought it was a server file thing..
Just ban everyone

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 06:50

redeye wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:Um, well this issue occurs in every map I've tested so far. I first noticed it in Operation Na Pali. I then tried some official Unreal maps, and they were the same. I tired the same maps in UGold, and they were fine. I know it's not the maps...

I have picked up invisible weapons before on-line.My fix ended up tossing the weapon immediately, but I would have thought it was a server file thing..

Throwing the weapon does get rid of the culprit, but no, I've already been through ServerPackages. Everything is where it should be, and the invisible weapons are still there. You can do a quick test on any Unreal map that has Skaarj Troopers - by hosting your own dedicated server. They will always drop invisible weapons. It's something related to the code.

Edit: I checked a little bit of the code, and it appears to be the same in both Ugold and UT under pawn, and also in spoldskool. I checked the default properties, and thought it might have something to do with the fact that they are throwing a weapon from UnrealI, but this is not the case. I tried changing it to something from olweaopns, but it was still invisible. Hmmm....

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 16:12

Have you tried on a fresh UT install? I know you said you have one giant supermassive UT directory, so I think it might be a good idea to install a barebones copy from scratch to test :p

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 22:16

Yes, I did try it on a fresh UT install (forgot to mention it). I only had the 436 patch installed along with oldskool and the Unreal maps, and it still had the same problem. Haven't you tried testing this yourself? Everyone should have the same bug...

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009, 02:21

I'm out of town visiting my folks right now, and while I DO have UT installed on this netbook, it's not really fast enough for me to run it or do much with it. Also busy visiting my family and dogs, etc.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Re:

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014, 23:29

ATP wrote:
BUFF SKELETON wrote:
Punisher wrote:Uhh.......

Lock it IMO!

You seriously need to be banned for at least a good while for posting some of the dumbest, most nonsensical crap I have seen here.
Why? Because he's black?

Wow :shake: The logic?
Actually, in this case I could consider topic necromancy a valid reason for executing the Account Termination Protocol.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Old Skool Coop Bug

Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015, 05:52

Back to the OT.

This was fixed long ago on my servers.

I think you can fix it on yours by using this:
http://www.ecoop.tk/load/ut2u1_mutator/1-1-0-55
It fixes so much you should be running it constantly for any UT game, on or offline.

The Skaarj on ALL my UT servers, Coop as well as DM/TDM/AS/CTF/DOM etc will use and drop
any weapons I want them to with no issues.
Mooo !

Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015, 02:19

Why on earth was a 5-year old thread bumped? :?

Thanks MrLoathsome. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing coop again, but I'll keep this file in mind in case I ever do! I use quite a few of your mods when I play SinglePlayer. 8)

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015, 23:53

You should try that file when playing SinglePlayer also.

It should speed things up a bit and fixes other issues.
Mooo !

Previous