Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

UT1 Darkmatch

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: UT1 Darkmatch

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 15:52

Althought I think guys like Raven knows that already, I guess it does not hurt to say it:

A few minutes ago I found something interesting on an española homepage about Darkmatch, after I searched in google/googled coincidentally for Class'Botpack.TDarkMatch'.

If you add this to Botpack.ini

Object=(Name=BotPack.TDarkMatch,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentGameInfo)
Preferences=(Caption="TDarkMatch",Parent="Game Types",Class=Botpack.TDarkMatch,Immediate=True)

you will be able to play Dark Match Maps from the game self if the maps have the TDK map prefix. The Gametyp will then appear under Last Man Standing.
The only thing I dont like there is that I have to modify a retail file (Botpack.ini). Or shouldn`t I care for that in this case?
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 16:31

You mean Botpack.int? I didn't think .ini files controlled stuff like this, but .int files do.

And yeah you can edit any .int file you want to your heart's content. There's no adverse effects on netplay if you do. I have edited the hell out of mine to replace messages like PAUSED and LOADING and all sorts of stuff with really dumb immature things that make me giggle like an idiot. I also edit them to remove (//comment out) mutators I don't want to appear in the mutator list--stuff I never use like Flak Arena, Rocket Arena, Sniper Arena, etc. Other really dumb boring mutators.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 18:26

Oh yearh, meant INT.. ups yearh :o

Well thanks, good to know it does not matter.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009, 19:28

@ Waff

Just out of curiosity, with an .ini-edit could I stop the message ''You killed XYZ'' from popping up?

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009, 20:59

Nope, those messages are controlled by the mutator or gametype.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 17:50

Shit!

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009, 19:40

A question out of curiosity, is here any request for a special Darkmatch Map?

I mean so many people seems to like DM-Darkmatch from UT3s Titanpack.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 13:54

Creavion wrote: [..]I mean so many people seems to like DM-Darkmatch from UT3s Titanpack.

There's no FLASHLIGHT in UT3!!! The basic feature of Unreals' Dark Match was the ability to turn off the flashlight making yourself totally invisible. In unreal tournament '99 you have to bind a key to do that and, what's worse, every player model has the Ambient Glow set to 17. So even if there's no ligth at all one can see the other player.

In UT3 players g-l-o-w... They emit a lot of light. :x No comment on that.

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 14:12

The problem with UT3's Darkmatch isn't the ambient glow on the players; it's the damn map itself. You can't see shit and you keep running into obstacles, and there are all those loud-as-hell buzzing sounds that make it hard to hear other players. And the only light in the map is all blue and red stuff, making every other object look like an enemy player. Either this was intentional for that exact purpose, or someone didn't think it through enough. If it was indeed intended, I can't say I'm a fan of the choice, but at least I can respect it.

I'd like the map more if the layout was more conducive to blind movement and you didn't keep running into walls and the ambient sounds weren't so loud.

One cool aspect of it, though, is the way you can shoot certain tanks (which you can't see) and cause jets of fire to burst out. If you time it right, you can light people on fire pretty easily.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 23:21

Waffnuffly wrote:One cool aspect of it, though, is the way you can shoot certain tanks (which you can't see) and cause jets of fire to burst out. If you time it right, you can light people on fire pretty easily.

really? I never noticed. that's pretty cool
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 23:28

TheIronKnuckle wrote:really? I never noticed. that's pretty cool

Of course you didn't; you can't see anything. It only happens by accident :p