This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 Screenshotpack 2

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

W3RM(Woof)
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:12

Creavion wrote:
W3RM(Woof) wrote:Way better than the first pack. :)

LOL.. really? :lol:

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:13

And dave I used the latest readme from you Oo

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:33

editor Dave wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:I can't stop laughing at all the grammar mistakes in the single player maps. Sorry Editor Dave, but you really need to improve immensely on your English. Or have someone more English fluent spell check it for you. Other than that, so far it's a pretty good build...still making my way through the first map. 8)

Did you read the story? The blue messages are intended to be wrong because the prisoner has lost his feeling for a nice spoken language. Look it up in the ReadMe ;)
Other than that, all the other messages, for example from the Nali, were corrected by Mister Prophet so they can't be wrong :P ...

Ah, no I did not read that...sorry.

I really like the maps design and geometry work. The game play could probably be improved though, like the first trap to the green sludge sewer with Sliths...I avoided that completely and ended the map right afterwards. I went to see what I missed...and what happened if I fell into the trap. And after seeing that more than half of the map was built from that first trap, I realized that the player was probably meant to fall. :P

Other than that though, it's keeping me interested so far :wink:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:36

Bypassing the Slith trap is normal. I recommend taking that way.

The beginning of the map is really hardcore and I like it. Unfortunately, the SP Redeemer still doesn't work! :(
ImageImage

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:40

Yeah, you can decide there, if you avoid the trap or if you go further after the slime hallway. When I release the next part of the story, I will change the gameplay again because I had too little time to improve my map because the build got finished too late. I'll see how I can make this trap interesting and simple.

@Creavion: You choosed the right Readme ;)
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:42

UBerserker wrote:Bypassing the Slith trap is normal. I recommend taking that way.

The beginning of the map is really hardcore and I like it. Unfortunately, the SP Redeemer still doesn't work! :(

What do you mean? This Redeemer can only activate switches and that works perfectly. The rocket doesn't make damage.

Sorry for double post. Can someone merge it, please?
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:45

I don't remember the redeemer in the version I player. Now I want to play it again :o

PS: I can understand the blue narration messages being confusing at first. Even when I tested it and knew ahead of time that Editor_Dave intended them to be that way, I couldn't help but crack a smile at times. But overall it's an interesting idea. I edited the ingame translator logs for him, and those should be readable now.

User avatar aalien

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:46

Good work guys :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009, 23:58

editor Dave wrote:
UBerserker wrote:Bypassing the Slith trap is normal. I recommend taking that way.

What do you mean? This Redeemer can only activate switches and that works perfectly. The rocket doesn't make damage.

When I stay on the Weapon Pod, the Redeemer activates and deactivates continuously (like when you switch a weapon, but always), and I can't do nothing.
ImageImage

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 00:08

oh crap.. sounds like a patch is needed :/

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 02:02

Hey, I was looking through the readme files, and noticed the new "Bot Burguer" actor... This does the exact same thing as the "Bot Bonus" actor I created for the UT Classic Pack ]I[, only in a slightly different way. You guys should have just used the Bot Bonus Actor I created to save yourselves some time! Oh well... :o
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 02:38

Hey Creavion, Kamah lags beyond the point of playability for me, even without S3TC textures. There are very few maps that lag my computer, but for some reason this one does. Heck, I can even play DM-Amariner with nearly 2,000 polys on the screen at once with a playable fps. I think it's the parts that have a lot of meshes on the screen at once. The base area that reaches nearly 600 polys doesn't lag all that bad, but the jungle area is unplayable. Hmm....

Edit: Oh, and my specs:
2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 Processor
1 GB of Ram
Geforce 7800 GS

My processor is aged now, but I can still play games like Quake4 on Ultra setting (which is pretty good for an older PC).
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 03:20

ok....like...dude...I just opened DM-Kamah...and I literally said aloud "Holy Shit!" Major props Creavion...that map is absolutely beautiful. Very wicked. I was exploring for like 20 minutes before posting this...it's just absolutely amazing. And the music fits very well to. But MAN amazing work on the plants and geometry dude. I saw that horizon on the ocean first and I was just totally taken aback.

It's a shame it's just a DM map...imagine maps like these for a SP project...people need to make more maps like that for SP :P But great Job man! :tup: :tup:

EDIT: Just saw LH's post. It runs perfectly fine for me. Maybe it's your settings or something. My Specs:

2.6 Ghz Intel Quad Core Processor
2 GB's of RAM
GeForce 8800 GTX

I guess my specs are a bit better than yours...but you really shouldn't have a problem. I'm also using OpenGL as renderer in game.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 09:54

UBerserker wrote:
editor Dave wrote:

When I stay on the Weapon Pod, the Redeemer activates and deactivates continuously (like when you switch a weapon, but always), and I can't do nothing.

Creavion wrote:oh crap.. sounds like a patch is needed :/

No, no patch needed in this case. I always wondered about that myself, but it seems it's the Redeemer itself. Dave used a custom Redeemer that has special properties like no damage, only guided and only usable in a certain radius.
So when you are in a certain radius, the custom Redeemer activates itself and only lets you use it. When you come out, it tries to autoswitch to another weapon, but something in the code is keeping that Redeemer to be the PendingWeapon or something, so that changing loop.
To avoid that, drop the Redeemer outside the pod.

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey, I was looking through the readme files, and noticed the new "Bot Burguer" actor... This does the exact same thing as the "Bot Bonus" actor I created for the UT Classic Pack ]I[, only in a slightly different way. You guys should have just used the Bot Bonus Actor I created to save yourselves some time! Oh well... :o

Yes LOL
One day Creavion asked if I could code an actor like that (he even gave its current name: Bot Burguer), so I coded one, but I never imagined that there was already one out there.
We only knew about that Bot Bonus in the last weekend (when Creavion found it and PMed me the link and description), so imagine my reaction: wtf LOL :? :lol:
But oh well, it's already done, and might come in handy if someone uses the pack for new maps, since it's already built in the pack.

I hope you all enjoy the mappack, there are really amazing maps in there.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59

Some really fun maps in here. I especially like Creavion's work (DM-Kamah) and that Morbias remake. There was also a snowy map that reminded me of Tundra, and I liked the log piles outside the cabin. Overall, this was a good pack for trees :o

And it was nice playing Editor Dave's SP the proper way this. All around good work :tup:

May I ask who was responsible for the some of the texture importing?

Previous Next