Scout-kun is a lie... right?

How the heck do you use these server packages.

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: How the heck do you use these server packages.

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 04:00

I tried that Upak thing, I was trying to use other "server" packages all loaded.I see nothing in the menus, I have no idea to access this stuff, they don't show up in mutators.
On multi what the heck is the procedure to be an admin, I could never get this server stuff figured out.

This is just for testing and fun offline, but even though I add the packages to the "server packages" not a thing shows up.
Is it those .INT files? or WTF

I see this upackmenu.u or other menu .U files and other things

If I go on-line as a client all mods work and play fine.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 05:23

Um....is this a joke? No offense if it's not :/

Maybe Redeye's account was hacked by a spam bot lol :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 07:05

Geez, thanx man that really helps.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 07:40

What exactly are you trying to do?

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 13:53

.Int Files has nothing to do with Servers mostly, ServerPackages though are another story They let you use custom stuff on YOUR server. I mean If you made some custom guns and you want em to show up in your server you will have to add it into Serverpackages like "Serverpackages=lolguns" without Quotes. Here is an Example for an old server by my friend:
in unreal.ini:
ServerPackages=Static1
ServerPackages=Staticammo
ServerPackages=staticpawn1
ServerPackages=staticinv
ServerPackages=AKcoop2
ServerPackages=jTool3
ServerPackages=Jdec
ServerPackages=Static2
ServerPAckages=D4FogMod
ServerPackages=MAdminTools6
ServerPackages=Female1static
ServerPAckages=Static3
Serverpackages=Lordpack
Serverpackages=utweapons
serverpackages=utinv
serverpackages=lasertag
serverpackages=lotsstuff
serverpackages=facemutator

From an old server as I said used some stuff here take the note on "static" stuff which is all New pawns Weapons items you name it.... and all other stuff like Skins "female1static" which is a custom skin which will be shown by the one who use it. so In basic Everything you add in Serverpackages will be Downloaded by other people who joins the server. And To make them work you either summon them through(right word?) the game by using for example "summon static1.ss" or for a normal package "summon eightball" since its an original content. also There is other ways to get them replace original content such as the weapons with a mutator or a mod.. like the Jcoopz mod. which you can use to server management and other things... Anyway if this won''t help you Well I don't know, Then I agree with Waffnuffly Because Your question was very bland.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 14:54

redeye wrote:Geez, thanx man that really helps.

I didn't mean to offend....it's just you've been playing Unreal for a while and I just kind of expected you to know :/

ZombieHunter pretty much covered ServerPackages. As for Admin control on your server however, there are a couple different ways to do this:

It depends on the game type. Some custom game types may have a password box in the advanced settings that u can easily configure right there and then. If it's not a custom game type, then the to set the password, you go to advanced options (press tab in game and type Preferences) drop down Game Settings, and theres a place in there for a password.

To login to admin using a custom game type with the password built into that game type...you'd go into your server, press TAB and type "Login password" or "Adminlogin password". It's different for all games.

If it's not with a custom game type....then you'd login to admin before u join the server by hitting TAB and typing "open IP:PORT?password=password"
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 May 2009, 20:00

Ok let me ask this way.

Using UT and oldskool, one example it the "UPAK" I know about adding the packages in the .ini

Running this is for fun and experimenting 100% offline.

So I put the .U files in the system directory, I edit the .ini

Upon starting UT then goto multi-player new game and is for DM, however I see no way to use anything because nothing new shows up in menus.

Next I start a single-player game then hit coop, again no new check boxes, menus nothing.
Well in the oldskool mod menu, once again I see mutators for SP, I see no new mutators, I do see akcoop, all the other standard stuff.Also Derdaks "assultbonuspack" shows up in all the menus.

If I search the net for upak, not only isn't thier any info, but nothing to add ,how to, I been looking.

I never ran dedicated servers, only pure, never messed around with being an "admin" either.

Now for instance the reason I have those Upak files is because I downloaded them while going to a monster hunt server.As of yet I can' t seem to get any of this to work.

Another thing, reading in AKcoop it looks the only way to change settings is to edit the .ini then restart the server, but I don't think I see any .ini for other mods, however on-line they all do their thing.

where am I going wrong? even adding the odd .U files, UT has no complaints, like if a file was missing, they don't conflict with anything.
If I can get the procedure or at least one working, and figure out this admin stuff WHILE PLAYING, I know it will an easy thing.

Another words is the only way to use these mods-mutators is while playing, you type somthing in and bingo, I will see all sorts of new stuff popup, some new menus?

Telling you my main problem with UT is with procedure, I have added content to maps,I modified weapons, and pickups and pawns.But takes me moths of trial and error to get the procedure down patt.
Just ban everyone

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 May 2009, 16:38

If I got this one right... Upak Doesn't have any mutators, it is simply just a pack of the items, monsters and weapons and other things like the gametypes (not supported by ut or oldskool I think) so there is no Check boxes for that.. The only thing you can do is like while admin typing "summon upak.rocketlauncher" and it will spawn... or using a gametype to replace e.g Eightball with Rocketlauncher. AKcoop well that is a gametype for its own accord which has its OWN .ini file to work that is the one which you change stuff in. Upak is not a gametype. its just a content pack with all the stuff in it..... though I think you might be able to try the gametypes if its even in there by using a code which i don't remember :P.. Hope that helps.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 May 2009, 05:37

Thanks zombiehunter !! :tup:

I found out all that upak stuff is RTNP mission pack of which I never got, or played.
What threw me off and not working is I got it from a monsterhunt server and thought it was some strange server mod file.
Also in UT menus looking at the mods section and click the unreal one, it has a dropdown box saying "Return to Napali" so the files I have at least changed something in the menus.

Of which brings me to my next idea, I am on 56k and I see torrents at 240meg.
I wonder if somebody has a file list of RTNP so I can search and find the files separately on the net possibly through redirect servers.
That and UT3 are the only UT things I don't have, yet.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 May 2009, 12:29

redeye wrote:I wonder if somebody has a file list of RTNP so I can search and find the files separately on the net possibly through redirect servers.
That and UT3 are the only UT things I don't have, yet.

Loathsome's servers are running RtNP port, but to be honest I have never ever seen a working and satisfying RtNP to UT port. Also, 240MB/56.6 kB/s * your-provider-rate-for-tick is cheaper than 20$ for Unreal Anthology, right? Or you simply hate the whole Unreal series and don't want to pay for it? :P
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Derdak2rot
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 May 2009, 13:24

RTNP ? i guess you're talking of that japanese port ( thx to Boomboy :P ) for coop called UTLNP ? the packages it uses are not exactly the same as the standard RTNP ( upak is altered ).. the Upak.u contains only models and items , no mutator in it ..

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 May 2009, 21:41

Derdak2rot wrote:RTNP ? i guess you're talking of that japanese port ( thx to Boomboy :P ) for coop called UTLNP ? the packages it uses are not exactly the same as the standard RTNP ( upak is altered ).. the Upak.u contains only models and items , no mutator in it ..

Ah ha !! now that explains it, LoL I guess I am back to trying and seeing if I can mess around with it. thanks man.

No, why would I go buy duplicates, my system can hardly run UT04, but to date I have never seen this RTNP stuff.I don't even have a DVD yet, my killer mx440 64meg vid card.

I was thinking with that anthology issue of the total amount of work and human hours that went into the Unreal series.It is a hell of a deal.
I will not download such huge files like that with 56k, friggen insane.

Also I have 100% free internet, no banners nothing www.dialinfree.net

And the only thing I never want is UT2003 or owned, it's terrible just like I got suckered into buying Unreal 2. at full price.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 May 2009, 01:16

Well OK, I was just asking.
@Derdak: yeah, that's the stuff. As I said, I haven't seen the real RtNP port, meaning the one that would feature all the weapons, enemies and maps.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.