Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Some UT 3 stuff I've recently released...

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Some UT 3 stuff I've recently released...

Post Posted: 17 May 2009, 14:56

Hello, it's been pretty a while since I've dropped here... :P
Actually from time to time I've been lurking a bit, but I haven't been very active online lately.

I haven't been active much as of UT GotY/Unreal mapping either, but I did build some stuff for UT 3. Thought I'd post here too for the other USPers that like UT 3 :)

My two latest maps are DM-Aelon, a kind of Nali Mine in which I tried to achieve a Unreal-like feeling (the detail level doesn't help much in achieving the oldskool effect, but I tried anyway to use classic stuff like Tarydium crystals and generally I made the level more colorful than the usual UT 3 maps), and DM-Phyos-SE, a dynamic (destroyable, there are 845 physic objects) map set in a big cave.

Screenshots:

Aelon

Phyos Second Edition

Download links, in case someone is interested...
Aelon: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Aelonzip/ ... einfo.html
Phyos-SE: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Phyos+SEz ... einfo.html

Aside from the shameless pimpage, I wanted to post just to say that I'm now going to get back to UT GotY mappage (not leaving UT 3 though, the game is awesome :P). I will do some SP work, either in the the big SP project that I was "working" for (depends if the team still wants me aboard, after so much inactivity time :P) or I will start up a small SP pack myself.

Glad to see that this community is still active, some other UT communities that some years ago were very active lately have been rather dead.

User avatar Derdak2rot

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 May 2009, 18:37

good to hear from you mate , was wondering where you gone :D
nice mappage stuff on UT3 , i wish i could be that fast to learn as you , looking forward to this SP stuff :)

XYZ8000

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 May 2009, 16:50

Derdak2rot wrote:good to hear from you mate , was wondering where you gone :D
nice mappage stuff on UT3 , i wish i could be that fast to learn as you , looking forward to this SP stuff :)

Hey man, long time no see, glad to see that you're still active as well :D
UT 3 mappage isn't hard at all once you get the hang of it, you just need to spam as many meshes as you can to produce something good-looking... ;)
UE 3 is really lovable though, it has a ton of useful and easy to use tools (Kismet to handle a mess of triggers and movers, Cascade to create particles, the Geometry mode to modify brushes, etc.) and it allows the creation of some insane stuff. Too bad that barely anyone plays UT 3 nowadays.