Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Major Problem!!!

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Major Problem!!!

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 00:20

On my Windows XP computer are several anti viruses. I am not the one who put them there, and they were doing their job correctly when one of them, Comodo, decided that an extremely important system file on my hard drive was suspicious just because it was being changed, in the way that it is suposed to be modified too. Comodo did not recycle it, it completely removed it from my system, and I come back to find a damn success report opened on my desktop. :| Hardly any of the normal windows files (exe,txt,lnk,ini,dat) worked. Text files were simple to fix but everything else is F***ed up. I tried a replacement for exe files and it works fine, but everything else is messed up and none of my Unreal games work out of all of the working exe files I've fixed. :( Anyone who is genius enough is welcome to help, just remember I'm not forcing or pleading. This is one of several probes around the net.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 00:31

Try running the recovery console from your installation disk. Failing that, back up everything you want to keep and format/reinstall. Ultimately, that's a lot less of a hassle than trying to fix a completely hosed OS.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 10:06

If you haven't disabled it just use System Restore.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 19:58

We got most programs to work again, and we tried to do system restore earlier, but on screen three, after you have selected the restore checkpoint and pressed next, it doesn't do anything after that (Restart, Restore, etc.). Now everything pretty much works except for Restore. WTF is up with that! :shake: I doubt it will really come in handy for anything much anyway, but still, it's meant to do a job, and it wont do it. More trouble, and I don't need it.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."