Scout-kun is a lie... right?

WAR IS COMING HOME

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: WAR IS COMING HOME

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2007, 10:01

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2007, 13:08

What the!

This is for Gears of War? And you've mastered the editor THAT quickly to create something awesome?

Mindblowing. :D
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

ImageImage

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2007, 13:35

sana wrote:This is for Gears of War? And you've mastered the editor THAT quickly to create something awesome?

Actually looking at the forum i'm pretty sure its for World of Conflict :P

Speaking of that, is it any good game? i've thought of purchasing it as i like these "Red Dawn" -ish games.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2007, 13:39

*head meets desk*

Alright, I'm officially an idiot. Sorry. :P
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

ImageImage

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007, 06:35

Turboman wrote:Speaking of that, is it any good game? i've thought of purchasing it as i like these "Red Dawn" -ish games.

World in Conflict - hell, man. SP experience is totally awesome but somewhat short. Graphics is great. Gameplay is fine. Online play is... can't quite say the same. Every single server I've joined I eventually got butt-slapped real bad on and even got kicked out of my very first game. (The server was apparently populated by two Russian guys who didn't like anyone interfering their game.) Although, I'd play with anyone here who's willing. :) I guess the game is best played with your own buddies.

sana wrote:What the!

This is for Gears of War? And you've mastered the editor THAT quickly to create something awesome?

Mindblowing. :D

Well, if I was Hourences, which I'm not and will probably never be like, I would have said yes. :P Besides that... I can say this:

PEOPLE MAPPING FOR UE3 GAMES ARE LAAAAEZEH BECAUSE OF THEIR OVERDEPENDENCY ON STATIC MESHES

Except Hourences.

User avatar GenMoKai
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007, 08:27

GTD-Carthage wrote:Well, if I was Hourences, which I'm not and will probably never be like, I would have said yes. :P Besides that... I can say this:

PEOPLE MAPPING FOR UE3 GAMES ARE LAAAAEZEH BECAUSE OF THEIR OVERDEPENDENCY ON STATIC MESHES

Except Hourences.

LOL

I agree with you ;)

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007, 11:08

Yes.. so get to 3dsmax already!

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007, 13:43

Of course, you guys will enjoy UT3's DM-Krodan and GOW's TheSpire (already released), all coming from Master Houry.
ImageImage

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 14:47

BeyondUnreal wrote:Hourences has released DM-Krodan (44.2 MB) for Unreal Tournament 3. As you can see by the pics below, it looks quite stunning. What else do you need to know? How about this:

- Absolutely zero BSP.
- 99 percent custom content. Nearly everything was self designed, modeled, and textured except for some statues, spiderwebs, and the car.
- Unlike UT3, It actually has color!
- Two to six players...
- It is not meant as a hardcore level. Focus is on the visuals and on enjoyable but casual play. The target audience are casual players, level designers, and graphic fanatics.
- There are Note actors in the level with additional info for level designers and there is a making-of tutorial available on my website.

W00T! :D Hourences may also go with the forget-BSP-rules but he makes his own static meshes which basically makes him an excemption.

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:23

Hourences is experienced with UE3... he's working for a game called The Chronicles of Spellborn.
Last edited by UBerserker on 13 Dec 2007, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:43

GTD-Carthage wrote:
BeyondUnreal wrote:Hourences has released DM-Krodan (44.2 MB) for Unreal Tournament 3. As you can see by the pics below, it looks quite stunning. What else do you need to know? How about this:

- Absolutely zero BSP.
- 99 percent custom content. Nearly everything was self designed, modeled, and textured except for some statues, spiderwebs, and the car.
- Two to six players...
- It is not meant as a hardcore level. Focus is on the visuals and on enjoyable but casual play. The target audience are casual players, level designers, and graphic fanatics.
- There are Note actors in the level with additional info for level designers and there is a making-of tutorial available on my website.

W00T! :D Hourences may also go with the forget-BSP-rules but he makes his own static meshes which basically makes him an excemption.

Do you have an url to check this out?
there's more

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 19:56

Darkon wrote:
GTD-Carthage wrote:

- Absolutely zero BSP.
- Two to six players...

This (and why hasn't NaliCity started doing UT3 maps yet?)

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 19:59

The NaliCity scanner has problems reading UE3 files. According to Houry, NaliCity is hopeless on that, no confirmation if it will have UE3 maps or not.
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 20:45

Mman wrote:
Darkon wrote:
GTD-Carthage wrote:

- Absolutely zero BSP.
- Two to six players...

You mean this....
Looks nice. Is there a DM-Krodan for UT99 actually?
there's more

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 20:51

Darkon wrote:
Mman wrote:
Darkon wrote:
GTD-Carthage wrote:

- Absolutely zero BSP.
- Two to six players...

You mean this....
Looks nice. Is there a DM-Krodan for UT99 actually?

No Krodan for UT99 + giant quoting.

I played the map in UT3 and the visuals are fantastic.
ImageImage

Next