Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Your favorite FPS-weapon!

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Whats your favorite standart-FPS weapon?

Pistol (large & small caliber)
No votes
Sniper rifle (scoped high caliber rifle, small rate of fire)
5%
Assault rifle (high caliber automatic rifle)
5%
Rocketlauncher / rpg
No votes
Grenadelauncher / mortar
No votes
Shotgun (double barrel, pump, semi, flak)
52%
Energy weapons (plasma rifle, railgun , BFG, laser)
10%
Battle rifle (manually reloaded high caliber rifle)
5%
Heavy machinegun (chaingun, minigun)
No votes
Flamethrower
5%
Meele weapons (axe, knife, sword)
19%
Fists & feet (martial arts)
No votes
Submachine gun (small caliber automatic rifle)
No votes
Chainsaw & engine powered contact weapons
No votes
Grenades / explosive devices
No votes

Total votes: 21

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Your favorite FPS-weapon!

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:33

Since lots of us played a big amount of FPS-games I wondered what the most loved weapon is! 8)

I hope I didnt miss anything of importance! Of course I cannot list all special-weapons, tick your second choice then if your favorite weapon isn't available!

Explain your vote! :o

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:44

I'll start!

I voted for flamethrower.
For me there is nothing more fun than walking around with a giant lighter strapped to my shoulders filling rooms with burning napalm and burning squealing enemies until they are a pile of coal. :twisted: :tup:

Close second: Battle rifle

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:51

Melee Weapon: Shishkebab
The Fallout 3's flaming sword totally modified my opinion about melee weapons. It's even more entertaining slap your target and put him on fire!

Second: Unique weapons (BioRifle, Razorjack, etc)
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 10:56

Shotguns. It's the hardest one to screw up, and it doesn't really feel like a complete shooter to me unless there's one lying around.

User avatar Lightning Hunter

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 11:59

I voted Shotguns as well. I think I have yet to see a Shotgun in a commercial game that I didn't enjoy using. I believe the award for the most enjoyable Shotgun would still go to the original Doom & Doom 2, for the Shotgun and Double Barrel Shotgun. Other honorable mentions are the Shotguns from Quake 2, Duke 3d, Undying, Doom3, and Quake 3. Heck, I even enjoy using the double barrel Shotgun that comes with the U4E mod!

Last edited by Lightning Hunter on 27 Jul 2009, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 12:02

Nothing wrong with the good ole shotty!

You should check out F.E.A.R 2, it has two shotguns, one pump-action and one semi-automatic. Both are orgasmic! :o
Rips open enemies like fruits!

It's the hardest one to screw up, and it doesn't really feel like a complete shooter to me unless there's one lying around.

Guessing from your strong opinion about shotguns RD will feature such firearm specimen too? :o

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 13:06

voted for Shotgun.. It's like the simplest and most awesome weapon ever created!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 13:18

It seems I am the only who thinks that Shotguns are stupid, worthless and overused weapons. Someone should create Sniper Shotguns. Or upgrades like the Quadshot and the Flak Cannon.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 13:26

I believe I mentioned in another post some time ago - Shotgun (double barrel - Doom2).

It's a damn powerful weapon which gives a kick and can thus provide some distance when your enemy gets too close. And the nice thing is that you have to learn when to use it because reloading leaves you vulnrable. granted this applies to the Flac cannon also but that weapon is more modern, and I just love destriying the superadvanced aliens with "obsolete" but useful weapons.

User avatar Legendslayer222

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 14:14

Assault Rifle, after U2's assault rifle.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 15:17

I'm a sucker for energy weps. Everything else has pretty much been made in real life. Energy weps allows you to make something that CAN'T be made :D
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 18:47

I'm fond of Quake's Thunderbolt. I also think that the Flak Cannon is a wondrous creation.

Plus... Redeemer... :P
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 19:18

Shock Rifle, plasma weapons from Total Annihilation (especially LRPCs), Contact Beam/Line Gun/Force Gun from Dead Space, heavy capital ship and anti-fighter beams from Freespace 2, twin-linked lascannons from Dawn of War, the Fusion Cannon in System Shock 2 (even if it sucks), almost all the primary weapons in Descent 2 (especially the Helix Cannon), the rapidfire laser cannon main gun on the Wraith in Uprising, that ridiculous Tesla gun in Blood, the plasma rifle in Deus Ex (even if it sucks), the Fucker Spider beam weapon and the Loyalist disintegrator pulse laser in Supreme Commander, laser rifles in XCOM, etc

Yeah I think I'm an energy weapon guy. That might explain why half of EXU2's guns could be considered energy weapons :I

(And no not all those are FPSs but god damn are their energy weapons great)

I also really like the U1 flak cannon (moreso than any other version), the minigun in Serious Sam, various missile launchers, etc. But when it comes to a well-made and creative energy weapon, I just can't NOT love it. The Shockrifle is one of those things that has always been very fun to use and it's a really creative yet solid design. I don't really like the U1 ASMD because it feels and looks so damn weak, but UT and UT3's Shockrifle is awesome.

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 19:28

UBerserker wrote: Someone should create Sniper Shotguns.

How would that work? Shotguns are made to spread the shot pellets to make a wide hit area thus making them wonderful in close quarter combat and next to uselesss at longe range encounters. Its like saying ''sweet vinegar''. :P
BUT, a shotgun can shoot also slugs (never seen them in a game though) which are a crazy powerful single projectiles out of a shotgun barrel with accuracy up to 75 yards. :D

Redeemer

+1

Can't have one in real life. :(

User avatar Stakhanov
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009, 19:38

Partial to melee weapons here (any and all , regardless of the game)
Especially backstabbing moves (thief blackjack , spy knife , shock lance in tribes 2)

No real second pick , I'm just drawn to exotic stuff (pulse rifle can't be called exotic , shock rifle is) and explosives in general. You know , things that don't require pinpoint accuracy on the enemy :P

Next