Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

F*cking Bad Day Seven Days Before Christmas

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: F*cking Bad Day Seven Days Before Christmas

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 08:53

Today had been a real f*cked up day for me. So shitty that, in fact, most of you should be prepared about the this thread being a large flamish rant post. Its a day so rottenly bad that it actually invoked my wrath like never before. I got so pissed off just moments ago I almost wanted to break something in half.

This rant post shall have four contributory sections each detailing why I feel so f*cked up and real pissed today. I could have sworn I could almost take something in the table in front of me and thrown it into the windows. I'm sorry if this is quite unusual and rather informal in nature but everyone has their day for it and this day was apparently mine.

It all began with...

The Guy Who's an Idiotic Selfish Ass

The guy who was and still is an idiotic selfish ass is my classmate in my P.E. subject in college. (For those wondering, I'm enrolled in a local institution called the University of the Cordilleras taking three-year trimester course as a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science) This guy is a 'real' leader - he apparently was the appointed coordinator of our dance group. Our P.E. for this second trimester involves dancing and interpretative + modern dancing is exactly what our final exam would be. If you wouldn't say so myself, this guy is a F*CKING IGNORANT RETARD. For most of the time you try talking to him, he just looks through you as if you were bHidden set to true. He never cooperates, he never shows up during our free practice time, and he just watches us. During our dance practices, he usually moves to the back of our formation in hiding from where he's supposed to be (in the front). During the end of our period, he doesn't even tell us goodbye - he just leaves without a word. What pissed me off was the fact that no matter what you do, he still is a F*CKING IGNORANT RETARD. I saw him awhile ago in a corridor, waved to him politely, and asked him if he was going to practice today. What did he do? Nothing. He just WENT RIGHT THROUGH NOT NOTICING me even with my BIG HAND over his face. Now, great. That's real shit. I look like a moron waving my hand at the wall because some idiot just walked past me like an ass. It pissed me off real bad because he's been doing it ever since. I'm TRYING to be friends with him. I'm TRYING to have a good discussion with him. I'm TRYING to get him to be involved with our group. What happened? Nothing happened. Shit happened.

You're So Good in Minesweeper You're Bad at Everything Else

Today, another guy pissed me off too. This guy goes by the name of Winston and is apparently... an avid minesweeper player. I first found him as a classmate in my IT Presentation Skills class (a subject about formal media presentation and technical report writing). Because I saw him play minesweeper so well, I thought we would be a good guy to befriend. I tried. I even added him to my eventual research group that would present Adobe Photoshop in front of the class as our demonstration. He was good in minesweeper so I thought - hell, who knows what could be in his 'brilliant' brain? Unfortunately, I was wrong. He wasn't brilliant. He's as DUMB AS A ROCK. In my group of three, he NEVER COOPERATED in our research about Adobe Photoshop and what it has to do with the media industry and our software demo. What pissed me off were three things:

*When I told him to research about a particularly easy topic based on the Internet, it took him a week to give me his output... OF PLAGIARIZED RUBBISH with UNEDITED WEBSITE HYPERLINKS which he thinks is a qualifying part of our technical report.

*He would bombard you with questions. For everytime we sat down in the school's computer lab, he would ask you just about EVERYTHING he sees on his screen. So you try to help... five minutes later, he asks basically THE SAME QUESTION ALL OVER AGAIN. I remember the time we were studying about a few special features in MS Excel. That was a horrible time. He kept asking me what EVERY SINGLE BUTTON was for and how to do EVERY SINGLE INSTRUCTION our professor told us.

*The most shitty part of all is this... this morning, we were being schooled on the art of Macromedia Flash. We were basically introduced to a few things along with my friend (and groupmate as well) and this Winston. So, after a few moments later, everyone was able to do the thing we were being thought about - the Shape Tween. So we weren't able to do it because the explanation was still vague and we couldn't see the demo screen in front. Winston was able to get it and suddenly taunted us with "Hahahaha! You guys can't get it to work but I did!" ... Oh... My... God. That was the RUDEST comment I've ever heard in a while. For someone's who's brain can't help but utter the same shit over and over again, he's still THAT MUCH OF A BRAGGART. I remember the time he asked me what button to press - I kept pointing to one button on his screen while he kept moving his mouse to different buttons asking "This the right one?" My friend and other groupmate asked me "Why did we pick this guy again for our report group?". I answered "I don't know. But I feel like punching his face right now."

Sorry. No Money Back

Now this one is quite a pain and a heartbreaker. I've already announced here before that I've attained Foundation Scholar status in our university where my bonuses are:
*Nothing to pay.
*Insignificant amounts of respect.
*Name on a poster about College Scholars that nobody really looks at.
I've only learned about my scholarship status during the midterms. During our preliminaries, I was still paying my tuition. If I mix up my two receipts from both payments, that means I should get a refund of 7-thousand bucks. My parents even said I could keep the money I earn from the refund because I deserved it.

So therefore, I rushed onwards to the accounting office in school. I asked the woman there if I could claim a refund. She asked for my ID and I politely gave it to her. She said that I only had 140 bucks to refund - not worth the claim. I thought to myself... what happened to the cash I paid in the enrollment and preliminaries? I remembered that time I still didn't have my receipts. A notice board said that refunds can be claimed after November 15 and those who wish to do it must present their account slips. I lost my receipts however.

A few days later, I found my receipts again. I was certainly right - something HAD to be payed back to me. Today, I visited the accounting office again and found a different woman in the counter. I asked her if I could claim a refund. She said I should do it in the registrar's office. So I did what she said and moved to the registrar's office holding my accounting slip with a tight grip. I asked the new woman in the counter if I could get a refund. Before I could even show my accounting slip and my proof of scholarship, she slapped right on my face...

"We don't give refunds anymore."

OH MY GOD. I've been ripped-off. The school is apparently a money-grabber. I got pissed off so much I ripped my account slip as soon as I crashed home. I was planning to use that money, along with my allowance, to get myself a Wacom Intuos3 graphics tablet for Christmas. There goes my dreams for artistry. What happened to the fact that they should service claims for refunds? I don't know. Shit happened. Again. I was looking forward the entire year for someone to tell me they DON'T GIVE REFUNDS while it was clearly stated in the school policy claims for refunds are offered if you have something overpayed. (in my case, I had half my tuition payed before my scholarship privilege took effect) There goes my dreams for digital artistry. Why not complain about it? Not worth the effort aymore. My friends in some other website keep telling me I should really get myself a graphics tablet. IMHO, it might be good for my work output too. (for those of you wondering - www.ungdi-sea.deviantart.com)

Your Big Huge Bag That Smacked Everybody Off The Street

Now this is the one that got me worked up the most. I'll tell this one short and simple...

When I was walking home just a few minutes ago, I came on to an overpass to cross the street. For all I know, that overpass was filthy, wet, and crowded. I swam through a sea of people just to get across. Eventually, I saw this probably 25 to 30-year old woman who was also walking along. I saw people avoiding the huge carrying bag she held on her side. While I was walking, she suddenly stopped and the carrying bag hit my stomach (OOOF!). I stood up to see she didn't even notice. Half a second later, she curves to another lane in the path and hits me again. I almost tripped. (OUCH!) Now I stood up again and accidentally pushed (actually, just NUDGED) her a little. She turned around and told me "Huwag ka ngang tulak ng tulak! Bastos!" (she said this in Tagalog - local dialect. Translation? "Will you quit pushing! Imbecile!")

Oh JUST F*CKING GREAT. My stomach hurts, and now I'm an IMBECILE? Who thought these people COURTEOUSNESS AND CONSIDERATION? I felt so mad I thought it wasn't worth listening to her and just continued walking on pretending I didn't hear a word from her obnoxious mouth. That's what sent the mercury erupting from the thermometer. I came home with a swollen and maddened face. I threw the papers I was holding (ripped the account slip in half), threw my bag on the side, and fell into bed in my room feeling sorry for myself. Moments later, I rose up, changed for my home clothes, and sat here to begin writing this.

Thus, ends my story. Any reactions please? Suggestions? Opinions?

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 13:50

So, this will probalby sound like a cheap remake of Dr. Phil's show, but in real tough times, such as yours, what I found the most helping for me is to N.O.T. hold back your thoughts/feelings.

The first thing, as much as that lady is concerned, there's not much you can do. Apparently she's a clumsy old fool who only cares about herself, but perhaps she really didn't know she hit you (twice). Maybe if you would have explained to her that she had hit you *twice* before you nudged her (though, probably, it would be better to sream it in her face :P), you wouldn't have to walk away feeling so down. Maybe a thought for next time, if something like this happens? Trust me, telling complete strangers who think they rule the world to go fuck themselves helps. Especially if they deserve it.

That minesweeper guy... well, next time he shoots a rude comment like that shove a mine up his ass in stick a flag in his mouth. At least he'll be quiet :P Is there no way to kick him off your team though? :/ Try asking one of the professors if all else fails (not really familiar with your schooling system, but do try and get rid of him).

For that guy who seems to have his .ini misconfigured so all actors in his world are hidden, just ignore him as well. I really don't see the point in you trying to be nice to the guy. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're polite to him and all, and I can understand that you probably don't want to act on the same level as he does, but sometimes that is the only way. Just ignore him and get him off your mind. Apparently he wants to be left alone, or he just thinks he's so much better than everybody else. One day when he comes up to you and asks you something just tell him you can't see him because there's a huge HOM in front of his face that makes him look like the new-age Mona Liza with a stick up her ass.

Lastly, and most certinally, when it comes to money, especially a big amount of money... Try to glue those accounting slips together :P If the school's policy says they give refunds, they can not change it during the year just because they want more money. That's a fraud, check thoroughly what the school policy says about refounds, and go back. If they STILL don't want to return your money, have your parents (not yourself) writte a letter to the principle (or director). If they still won't budge, report them. I'm not joking with this, I had a similar problem in my school. There was a portion of "free money submissions" (I think that's the best translation I can come up with) you could give to school over the course of the year, but the point is that it was free, only those who wished gave them. However, the school's teachers and the rest of the employees insisted that if you don't pay the bills (there were a total of three of them) you won't get your report at the end of the year. My mom hit the roof and sent a letter to the principle that what they are saying is utter bullshit. Nobody in my class payed anything that year. You just have to let them know that just because they are teachers, they're not above you, and certinally NOT above the law. Teachers, doctors and priests are the three "sacred" professions people only look up to, but dare not critisize, even if they have strong points to tell. That's what I always say, and I tink it's quite true.

Either way, get some rest, think everything over again tomorrow, and do what you think is best. My recommendations are what *I* think is best. But if all else fails, I do hope you get your money back.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 14:47

I can agree with most of W3's statements, except:

WhirlWindWabbit wrote:The first thing, as much as that lady is concerned, there's not much you can do. Apparently she's a clumsy old fool who only cares about herself, but perhaps she really didn't know she hit you (twice).

he said she was 30-35.. I don't consider that an "old fool".. :P
(ask zbreaker! :wink: )

As far as everything else.. yes, glue those pieces together, they still might come in handy. You could pee over the counter or just simply [poop] on it to make your opinion clear, but that probably won't help either. Just be patient and see what you can do.. maybe wait till the one lady is back (or someone else than the one who helped you) and try again.

As for the minesweeper dude.. maybe you can kick him out of the group or tell him that he'll be kicked out if he doesn't come up with better results. If he still ignores you, do everything without him and keep his name of the results (of the group that will do everything).

Above all: try to be patient. And try to find other ways to reach your goal. Don't give up and don't explode (even tho it feels good at that moment). Writing about it here on this forum helps a lot probably, and we're not the kind of people to tell everyone about it (or to act like an idiot on this forum).
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 19:55

If the school's policy states that you are owed a refund, and they refuse to give it to you without a solid reason, take them to court. Here in the UK we have something called the Small Claims Court. Perhaps you have something similar where you are?

Minesweeper guy - may have some kind of learning disorder or a condition like Asperger's Syndrome where he is unable to empathise with others (such people are often very bright and skilled with numbers whilst appearing outwardly "stupid" or slow). If so, he probably deserves a break. If not, then he's an ass and you should get rid of him!
Life is what you make of it.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 22:50

Hellscrag wrote:If the school's policy states that you are owed a refund, and they refuse to give it to you without a solid reason, take them to court. Here in the UK we have something called the Small Claims Court. Perhaps you have something similar where you are?

Minesweeper guy - may have some kind of learning disorder or a condition like Asperger's Syndrome where he is unable to empathise with others (such people are often very bright and skilled with numbers whilst appearing outwardly "stupid" or slow). If so, he probably deserves a break. If not, then he's an ass and you should get rid of him!

Considering how many people are asses and how many people have asperger's syndrome i think it's safe to say you should get rid of him.

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 23:12

Darkon wrote:he said she was 30-35.. I don't consider that an "old fool".. :P
(ask zbreaker! :wink: )

It's a figure of speech :D

wael wrote:Considering how many people are asses and how many people have asperger's syndrome i think it's safe to say you should get rid of him.

:lol: :lol: Word :D

I also agree what Hellscrag said. Didn't want to be so drastical myself, but he does have a point. Maybe all they need to see is an invitation to the courtroom so they shit their pants :D Just don't let them think they're better than you.
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2007, 03:00

I've just came back from their office this morning. Nothing works. :/ They told me that I should have approached them earlier to get the claim. (It's finals now. Exams are about to begin.) Any money that I payed them before will now be part of an advanced payment for next trimester because this one is nearing end. (even though I don't have the need to pay anything for the next trimester either.) It's crap - I guess I can't get that money no matter what. They say it's their official policy as well to no longer service refunds at an extended period of time. I can safely say however that I was never even told I could still claim a refund of the money I payed them when I found out about my scholarship grant because I thought it would only affect payments from that time (midterms) and on. (I was never even given a certificate or notice that I had become a scholar back then.)

And about that Small Claims Court - we don't have one. :P But we can file a complaint. Problem is though, if you want to sue anyone in the world, don't do it in the Philippines. We have the slowest justice system since snail racing. (Think Vogons from THHGTTG. LOTS of money-wasting bureaucracy. That's why new law school graduates earn money fast - if they graduate from their course that is.)

Thankfully, final exams is about to commence - I won't have to see Minesweeper guy or the ignoramus again. There's still bad weather going on here though so I'm not out of the frying pan just yet.

[gossip]
Minesweeper guy has girlfriend! OMG. WHAT KIND OF GIRL likes a guy who's that dumb?! If that guy doesn't have a brain, how could he have any more of a heart? I've just learned about this from a friend of mine and I'm quite surprised.
[/gossip]

Well, I'm off to my first examination period today. Wish me luck. :( Hope I can maintain that scholarship grant up to the end of the schoolyear. (Easy to say bad hard to do with impediments like Minesweeper guy around who would drag you down to his level. Just imagining his usually dumbfounded face makes me want to punch his nose right in. Can't cope up with the stress either. There are just too many problems happening at once both at school and at home.)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2007, 15:15

GTD-Carthage wrote:[gossip]
Minesweeper guy has girlfriend! OMG. WHAT KIND OF GIRL likes a guy who's that dumb?! If that guy doesn't have a brain, how could he have any more of a heart? I've just learned about this from a friend of mine and I'm quite surprised.
[/gossip]

Can't cope up with the stress either. There are just too many problems happening at once both at school and at home.)

Minesweeper guy: is he ugly and is she pretty? It happens often. If not.. then she could be after his money. :P (or he gave her something she likes.... for a month or so).

Stress: Take one step at a time... and only deal with the things that really matters at this point. You'll get thru this time... but for now: good luck!
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.