This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Jazz Jackrabbit.. [SPLIT from Lost & Found]

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008, 13:14

Yes, that is what I am using for running the holiday hare 94 combo edition and it works fine.

But well the other packages crashes with some library error unless used with dosbox.

EDIT: I use some old version of the VDMsound thingy from like 2001, but I guess there are not newer ones. Because the main site doess not exist anymore.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008, 15:24

[OT... moved to other topic]
Last edited by Darkon on 11 Jan 2008, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008, 18:32

ARGH! Now I am fucking angry, who designed that second level of the third world at second episode? It seems at Hard difficulty it is impossible, not because of enemies but because of these jumps, you have to crouch under the jumping pad, but then you have to jump from the moving texture which keeeps going you to right like some conveyor belt. if you fall down normally which is most of times, the jumping pad under you sends you to above one and you have to do that impossible crouch agaian, so solution is: while at the conveyor belt-like thingy you must jump to the other one but there is a very little space left, well I managed to do it, only to discover there is other one in front of me and it has even bigger hole in between them and if I fall to the floor it sends me above so I gotta do these fucking again. !!!!!!! My fingers hurt pretty bad, who the hell had idea to do such a stupid thing? That is like the most difficult jumping obstacle ever. Plus other problem is that while running the jump button does not always react too fast either. Maybe if I had a joystick or something, buit with a keyboard...meh.
From one video I've seen, in easier difficulties it is not there that way.

EDIT: Talking about JJ1 lol.

Found a video, talking about this level where I am currently, I tried to find other ways but there are only secrets around lol, this guys does that jumping thingy, you can see by a video how it is hard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOUXd2vXVGg

EDIT2: Who the hell there said that when you run out of time you don't die? For me I die always when run out of time.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008, 20:10

I don't remember completing that level. Hell, I don't remember if I ever played the second episode during my childhood.
ImageImage

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008, 16:21

Still trying to beat that awful level, the second jump is completelly impossible, while I am trained enough to do the first jump many times (although still I keep falling), the second one is the real bitch, even if I once managed to jump in that hole (to final one), it is too small and it bounces me up, wtf. I think I will cheat or something because it really is an impossible level and that guy who posted that video how to do it said he spent 5 years with trying to solve that and still it was more a luck than anything, such a waste of time! No way really.
Anyone who beats this without cheats must be really a great player then, one of these people said it took him 11 years to beat lol.

EDIT: MUHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL RECREATE THAT LEVEL FOR UNREAL AND YOU WILL ALL BE FUCKED UP!!!11111

:lol:

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008, 19:24

Mick.B wrote:EDIT: MUHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL RECREATE THAT LEVEL FOR UNREAL AND YOU WILL ALL BE FUCKED UP!!!11111

*clientside consolehack* (if on a server)
*god*
*ghost*
*gets to end*
*walk*

WIN! :B

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008, 19:33

Rarsonic wrote:
Mick.B wrote:EDIT: MUHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clientside consolehack* (if on a server)
*god*
*ghost*
*gets to end*
*walk*

WIN! :B

don't need to do *god* when you ghost...
you could do *god* when you do *fly* though.. :)

Make it a level for SP2D! :P

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008, 20:24

Redundance was intentional, for if shit happens. :B

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008, 00:08

I finished that level. Is not really hard with Slow Motion On.

The boss is actually even worse!
ImageImage

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008, 00:15

UBerserker wrote:I finished that level. Is not really hard with Slow Motion On.

The boss is actually even worse!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I had to use a bit of cheat to make it pass the jumping obstacle in a Hard difficulty, but I disabled it after I passed that worst area of course. :wink:

But maybe it is because of my crappy keyboard too and that game does not respond well sometimes to the buttons.

The boss? It was an easy one I think, for me it posed no problem compared to the jumping thingy which gave me headaches in the end. :/

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2008, 15:50

I tried completing these bonus collecting gems stages from the menu, wanted to see how they all look like lol.

Btw I found one glitch, at some of these maps you can actually find a hole while insanely jumping and jump out of the map to nowhere, you can keep running even outside the roads! :D I didn't run much though otside so I dunno if there aren't any secrets, :P.

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2008, 17:36

Maybe this thread should be split into two ones, one Jazz Jackrabbit related and one about the other games, in Unreal Engine?

Finished fourth episode now, also for the first time I found a secret level myself and twice bonus stage levels found in this episode (I was able to find before only one and I did these levels in hurry, not now though as episode 4 is really an easy one).

EDIT: I just noticed, the third episode was meant to be the fourth one and viceversa, even the pictures say so, but when I started the third episode, it played fourth one and then third one. So that one which I finished now was the real third one. I guess the holiday hare combo package has that screwed somehow. :?
Even in the storyline and all that, I was actually confused by the third episode while it said next world will be in natural planets in the end of second episode.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2008, 18:39

Mick.B wrote:Maybe this thread should be split into two ones, one Jazz Jackrabbit related and one about the other games, in Unreal Engine?

Thought about it yesterday... didn't want to do it.
Did it today.. and had to clean out my stuff out of it.. :)

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2008, 19:21

Thx. :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2008, 22:06

Mick.B wrote:EDIT: I just noticed, the third episode was meant to be the fourth one and viceversa, even the pictures say so, but when I started the third episode, it played fourth one and then third one. So that one which I finished now was the real third one. I guess the holiday hare combo package has that screwed somehow. :?
Even in the storyline and all that, I was actually confused by the third episode while it said next world will be in natural planets in the end of second episode.

There was a complete confusion. Let's just say that ep3 was optional to the storyline.
ImageImage

Previous Next