Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Batman: Arkham City

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Batman: Arkham City

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 06:59

I know it's prolly no secret to those that know me, but I'm pretty into Batman. While everyone else is sitting around waiting for Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty 8, or already enjoying Gears of War 3...my anticipated season sequel was Batman Arkham City.

If you don't hear from me much during the following week or two it's because of this game. For those who played the first game and loved it, it's basically much the same kind of quality, with a way larger character appearance and open world location. Think Escape from New York, if New York was Gotham and Snake Pliskin was Batman. So far I'm fairly early into it and am a bit overwelmed by all the crap you can do. For the most part the voice acting and writing are on par with the quality of Arkham Asylum (if you're a Bat nut, that's a good thing) and all the new characters are done remarkably well. I was a bit miffed to learn that Aileen Sorkin wasn't reprising the original Harley voice acting, and I'm not so sure about Harvey Two Face as of yet (a bit too gruff, and not distinct enough)...but everyone else sounds great (a Cockney Penguin made me chuckle).

The fighting mechanics are still the best in this genre. My only real complaint is that the language is a bit loose. Minor profainty doesn't bother me, but the first game didn't need it so far as I recall and it doesn't do this one any favors when heard. It's Batman, afterall.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Batman: Arkham City

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 12:19

Still waiting on this one. Will be released next month on PC and I intend to buy it on day of it's release :).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011, 22:36

I only played the sega or nintendo Batmans.All that wall jumping.

My next game is going to be "The Saboteur", go blow stuff up and your secret headquarters is a brothel.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011, 10:43

mmm Batman Arkham Asylum together with Hitman Blood Money are the only two games of 2000s that entered my top 10. But i'm a little worried about this sequel because it might have too much sandbox for my taste, but if it can be skipped it's going to be awsim.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011, 13:29

Don't know if I'll be getting this for now. Epic did a fantastic job on Gears 3 and it's taking all my time.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011, 20:38

Anreel wrote:mmm Batman Arkham Asylum together with Hitman Blood Money are the only two games of 2000s that entered my top 10. But i'm a little worried about this sequel because it might have too much sandbox for my taste, but if it can be skipped it's going to be awsim.

It can be. You can focus on just the main story and save the side quests for New Game+, though finishing the game on a leaner note will leave out quite a lot (my buddy plowed through the main game ignoring all the sidequests and got like a 40% completion rate). So yeah, there's a lot to do but it isn't forced on you. Of course, simply wearing the mantle of the bat and standing on the corner of a rooftop will make you want to swoop down on the first sign of crime and punch it in the face.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011, 11:51

I've not payed much attention to these Batman games, but after watching a friend play the first game to warm themselves up for the sequel I think they do look very fun.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011, 19:33

Mister_Prophet wrote:It can be. You can focus on just the main story and save the side quests for New Game+, though finishing the game on a leaner note will leave out quite a lot (my buddy plowed through the main game ignoring all the sidequests and got like a 40% completion rate). So yeah, there's a lot to do but it isn't forced on you. Of course, simply wearing the mantle of the bat and standing on the corner of a rooftop will make you want to swoop down on the first sign of crime and punch it in the face.

I thought so. Have to patiently wait for pc release then.

Post Posted: 30 May 2012, 09:47

Just an Update

Harley's Revenge came out. Ten Bucks and kind of short. Probably only really worth it if you really like Harley Quinn, but I gotta say I wished they put more stuff in there to do. They break it up between Batman and Robin and there are a couple of big group fights on par with some of the toughest ones in the main game, although I can't say there is anything "new" to fight. The lack of a meaningful resolution is irksome as well. But it's only ten bucks and will keep your interest for a few hours.