This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Skyrim

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Skyrim

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:20

got +/- 6 hours into it now. (lvl11)

its a really great game, the choices you make (or you forget to make, or the things you ignore) they all seem to affect the game. its way more then just hack&slash.

anyone else got the game/want to share their impression of it?

(Also: books in this game are not normal, they all got like +/- 10 pages of text, and in the first 45 mins of the game i found enough to start a library already. so reading all them will also take hours.)
This is bunny,make more bunny's and help bunny to Rule the world.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Skyrim

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011, 19:24

The game sounds interesting, over here we're getting bombarded with TV ads about it,

I personally really enjoyed morrowind, but found oblivion such a major dissapointment, i'm hoping skyrim is going to be any good.
Either way i'll probably wait for awhile before i get the game, untill there's some pretty good mods out there.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011, 22:54

Can you ride a horse in first person view? couldn't find that on youtube.

Anyway, I'm really interested in that game. Going to buy that one when I'm back at my apartment in the city (now I'm in the country with my parents) and definitely gonna spend like 15 minutes playing it XD

Damn, I really suffer from chronic lack of time.

But first I need to figure out how to get my money back from buying BF3.

User avatar NaliSlayer

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 00:06

Qtit wrote:Can you ride a horse in first person view? couldn't find that on youtube.

Anyway, I'm really interested in that game. Going to buy that one when I'm back at my apartment in the city (now I'm in the country with my parents) and definitely gonna spend like 15 minutes playing it XD

Damn, I really suffer from chronic lack of time.

But first I need to figure out how to get my money back from buying BF3.

thats why i didnt buy bf3 lol. and no, horses are in 3rd person. but unlike DICE/EA, Bethesda already has a modding forum up and the modding tools will be released soon. so modders will mod that in. (probaby nude mods first though, seems that thats the most common thing in any moddable game.)

Edit: Turboman, im Dutch too, and yea i've seen the ad a lot on tv lately.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 14:07

NaliSlayer wrote:(probaby nude mods first though, seems that thats the most common thing in any moddable game.)

They've actually managed already without the construction set after the games only been out 2 days, I kid you not.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar NaliSlayer

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 17:14

zacman wrote:
NaliSlayer wrote:(probaby nude mods first though, seems that thats the most common thing in any moddable game.)

They've actually managed already without the construction set after the games only been out 2 days, I kid you not.

yea, found that out this morning on TES Skyrim Nexus.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 21:29

I don't understand what to do in Oblivion at all.It's like there is no reason, it has no goal, or does it, how the hell does one "Win"?
So i just put it on cheat mode and aimlessly going through the oblivion gates, why? I don't know, I wish i knew the objective of what I am trying to do, just doing side missions still gives me no clue for the total games objective.
Just ban everyone

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011, 22:46

Objective: close all oblivion gates. Then, final boss fight. Kill him. Rest... well... Just play for fun. I loved just hanging around in that game. If it had had a multiplayer I'd surely play multiplayer a lot. I hope that Skyrim will have really nice side quests, like, simulating a real table RPG session. You know, 4 guys going to the dungeon to rescue the treasue, rape the dragon and kill the lady...
Wait... What?

[offtop]
I remember when I played Lineage II the first time. On a RP (like ROLE PLAYING) server. Every player really acted his character. Dark elves were viscous and evil, dwarves loved frinking and farting out loud, humans were... well, humans, high elves were pale and slaughtered by night elves. Apart from standard grind (which didn't happen a lot) players did their own events. Half of the game was just chat in the gameworld, and I just felt like I was there. A real immersion. I really miss that times. Unfortunately the server changed, cool people left and everything ended.
[/offtop]

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 00:33

The game World of Warcraft could have been.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 03:49

redeye wrote:I don't understand what to do in Oblivion at all.It's like there is no reason, it has no goal, or does it, how the hell does one "Win"?
So i just put it on cheat mode and aimlessly going through the oblivion gates, why? I don't know, I wish i knew the objective of what I am trying to do, just doing side missions still gives me no clue for the total games objective.

If you want to "win" you're playing the wrong game :V Elder Scrolls main thing is there IS no end of the game. You do whatever you want.
ImageImage

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 04:23

My friend LOVES Skyrim since there's dragons in it....
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 06:44

Ahh, I see, all the cheating I am doing Oblivion still takes a long time, but I will stop cheating and do some more missions.I will stash all the stuff I have or sell it I must be carrying 2000 pounds by now.
Just ban everyone

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 12:49

redeye wrote:I will stash all the stuff I have or sell it I must be carrying 2000 pounds by now.

I could only enjoy Oblivion with a mod that would increase my weight limit, precisely because of this "hoarder" playing style I have. You should probably install one as well.

What I've played of Skyrim so far (reached like level 3, did a few side quests in a graveyard town) appears to be just what I wanted. What really put me off Oblivion (and especially Morrowind) was the terrifyingly horrible character animations and ugly, pasty faces. Skyrim promised to fix both, and it looks like Bethesda succeeded with that. Therefore I should enjoy this game loads!

However right now I'm put off by the stupid consoleitis-infested inventory system. Why must I equip a weapon to get rid of a spell? Why must I use the mouse wheel/WASD to scroll through my stuff? Why must I use E or R? Why can't I just click things? In addition Skyrim, like many other games, fails to recognize Windows mouse options which I use to revert the hard-wired mouse button swap on my left-handed DeathAdder, meaning I need to use RMB rather than LMB to click things in menus. Ugh.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 13:57

sana wrote:However right now I'm put off by the stupid consoleitis-infested inventory system.

I hate that too. But, as it was with Oblivion, there surely will be some mods that change the inventory system to aclassic RPG style... I hope so at least.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011, 19:01

"However right now I'm put off by the stupid consoleitis-infested inventory system. Why must I equip a weapon to get rid of a spell? Why must I use the mouse wheel/WASD to scroll through my stuff? Why must I use E or R? Why can't I just click things? In addition Skyrim, like many other games, fails to recognize Windows mouse options which I use to revert the hard-wired mouse button swap on my left-handed DeathAdder, meaning I need to use RMB rather than LMB to click things in menus. Ugh."

That must be the ,fix, reason, to swap out things on the new game and not get over encumbered.
Just ban everyone

Next