This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Skyrim

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Re: Skyrim

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 15:46

SmotPoker wrote:You know, it sounds like this game is not something I would enjoy at all.

If you're judging by the last few posts: trust me, they only sound like it's some sort of typical RPG grinding and number-crunching game. It's actually not like that at all! It's really immersive and adventurous.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:07

A huuuuge world, no need to go for the main quest at all, incredibly nice voice act (God thanks I got the English version of the game), many interesting quests, sometimes it's more fun to just listen to those npc's than grinding or killing... Well, there's no grind here actually, just adventuring. My brother says that this game has no goal. There's nothing to do in a world where there's too much to be done.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 18:53

That updated exe they released yesterday is really annoying though.. If you install any kind of texture mod that increases resolution the 2GB RAM limit is going to crash your game every 15 minutes. I really dont understand why Bethesda is hell bent on having Skyrim use a maximum of 2GB even though most people out there have 4 or 8GB of RAM nowadays.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 19:49

Frieza wrote:That updated exe they released yesterday is really annoying though.. If you install any kind of texture mod that increases resolution the 2GB RAM limit is going to crash your game every 15 minutes. I really dont understand why Bethesda is hell bent on having Skyrim use a maximum of 2GB even though most people out there have 4 or 8GB of RAM nowadays.

This mod is supposed to bypass that: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1013
Formerly Mman

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 20:21

Qtit wrote:A huuuuge world, no need to go for the main quest at all, incredibly nice voice act (God thanks I got the English version of the game), many interesting quests, sometimes it's more fun to just listen to those npc's than grinding or killing... Well, there's no grind here actually, just adventuring. My brother says that this game has no goal. There's nothing to do in a world where there's too much to be done.

actualy, finish the main quest as soon as possible. its not really that long (well, if you know how to handle dragons that is) and the reward is one of the most epic things in the game.

[spoiler]A shout to call your very own dragon to fight for you. Also: does not work in dungeons,since those are kind of small for a dragon.[/spoiler]

and yea, new .exe is annoying as shit.

edit: also: 100 smithing skill + 20% better smithing ring +20% smithing gauntlets +30% smithing potion = Overpowered shit.
i got 1000 Armor, my 1-handed weapon deals over 154 dmg. i cant even be touched on Master. (Sneak + my weapon = instantkill anything,even giants.)
This is bunny,make more bunny's and help bunny to Rule the world.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 21:33

You're a dragon killer. Nothing can stop you :D

I've heard about a way of stealing every item in any house when the npc's are inside. It is really easy.
You pick up a bucket or two, you put it on an npc's head and you can take whatever you want :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmI799kEOSk

One guy even reasoned this situation. IF a dragon slaying superb thief who can shred you apart with his own very voice puts a bucket on your head, you just smile and be happy that you have a bucket on your head and see shit.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 22:28

Can the bucket thing work for Oblivion? I am not sure if I can even pick things up.
Just ban everyone

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 22:36

Hold your 'take' button. Default E. I have no idea about oblivion. It certainly does for Skyrim. Checked that.

User avatar NaliSlayer

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011, 22:43

forget what i said: DO not finish Main quest,do not even start it. (well,do the first part until whiterun tower dragon)

afther the main quest is done you will find dragons everywhere. i litteraly killed one when another one showed up.

so if you like to travel without fireballs shooting towards you every goddamn minute. then do not continue the main quest afther you get to high rotgar for the whirlwind shout. (i got near 30 souls now. 9 dragons in 1 trip from Whiterun to Windhelm)

if there is any mod to reduce dragon quantity's please someone give me a link. because the game is near unplayable for a stealth assassin.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011, 04:10

You are a nali slayer NOT dragons, lolz...............
Just ban everyone

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:39

Well, I don't know from what animal Nali's evolved. Do you know that Redeye? Quite possible it was dragons.

User avatar NaliSlayer

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011, 15:29

redeye wrote:You are a nali slayer NOT dragons, lolz...............

:x well, try fighting 3 Elder dragons AT THE SAME TIME. (because thats what happens afther the MQ is completed,shit happens.) they are even more powerfull then the final boss of the game lol.

( \_ _/ )
(=T.T=)
("") ("")

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011, 00:35

I was actually holding off on the main quest for fear of not having any dragons to fight anymore (and thus no souls)

User avatar Frieza

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011, 15:46

Heh.. I just found out today that Alexander Brandon actually voiced two characters in Skyrim! (Armaund Motierre and Ancano)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011, 03:12

Frieza wrote:That updated exe they released yesterday is really annoying though.. If you install any kind of texture mod that increases resolution the 2GB RAM limit is going to crash your game every 15 minutes. I really dont understand why Bethesda is hell bent on having Skyrim use a maximum of 2GB even though most people out there have 4 or 8GB of RAM nowadays.

I think it's something to do with windows xp enforcing a maximum of 2GB addressable space per application, and seeing as a lot of peeps still use XP (me included) I guess they're trying to be inclusive.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Previous Next