ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Skyrim

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Skyrim

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011, 04:25

..except for the fact that it only allows up to 4GB of ram to be allocated. The operating system will handle the rest, simply compiling with the flag will change nothing for systems without 4gb of ram 32 bit or not. 227 is actually compiled with this compiler flag(/LARGEADDRESSAWARE), btw.

tl;dr there's no reason for it to not be enabled in two fucking thousand and eleven.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011, 07:57

There's also a program out there that can remove the limit for any application. Part of the sysinternals suite iirc. Sounds like it could come in handy but I don't want to launch two programs just to launch one (steam hater for life) and the whole thing still sounds kind of dodgy anyway.

And this
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:tl;dr there's no reason for it to not be enabled in two fucking thousand and eleven.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011, 17:24

Please help me,and my Friend.
We have the Skyrim....ok everything is good...Bethesda logo coming on...But,when Bethesda logo turned off...and switched to the Dragon "emblem" the game freezes...ok..check on google.hmm....

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/inde ... 8440&st=12

The problem is with my Shit aadio card..i must change my audio settings..the guy is written the way...but only in Windows7...And in the moment i use Xp -.-" and i don't know,how can ichamge the speakers KHz settings..Please help (:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011, 18:16

LOL
Minimu specs:
CPU: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: 512 MB card

I've run Skyrim on:

CPU: Dual Core 1.3GHz
RAM: 3 GB
Graphics: 256 MB card

And it was playable, like 20fps. I just had to tweak things in ini files XD I love my netbook :D

@Makemeunreal:
Check here:
http://crashfixes.com/fixing-skyrim-cra ... ramerates/

Maybe it'll help.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011, 18:20

Thanks. (: I'm really want to paly with this game but ahh...ú

Have you got any idead about "How to change audio quality under Windows Xp"?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011, 19:31

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:..except for the fact that it only allows up to 4GB of ram to be allocated. The operating system will handle the rest, simply compiling with the flag will change nothing for systems without 4gb of ram 32 bit or not. 227 is actually compiled with this compiler flag(/LARGEADDRESSAWARE), btw.

tl;dr there's no reason for it to not be enabled in two fucking thousand and eleven.

Is this sort of thing still a problem on Win7 64bit? That's what I'm running, with 8 gigs of ram.

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011, 00:07

Yep. It depends on the application, and a little on the OS.

32 bit application no /LARGEADDRESSAWARE = 2GB max memory allocated
32 bit application with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE = 3GB max allocated on winxp 32bit with a special boot option, and 4GB for 64bit anything
64 bit application = goddamn asston of max memory allocated (192GB is the current limit of RAM on 64 bit win7 ultimate)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011, 02:01

So even on a 64bit OS with 124234907539487GB of RAM, if the application is 32bit and doesn't have the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag, it can use only 2GB max? Hahahaha, man, that explains why Supcom 1 still runs like utter dog shit on my new pc after a few AIs get busy doing things.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011, 21:06

For Oblivion
Now you guys may know all about this already, but just incase.......and don't want a whole new thread. this problem kills the game.

For this problem "Stuck Door/Slow Framerate on Some Animations"
read here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246466
and here
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Techn ... Animations

To fix and worked right away read here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivio ... ye%20Bash/

download here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oblivio ... urce=files

I did the full blown install with python, it goes out to web pages and gets python for you and the other things it needs.does more than just the fix, as for changing the game in other ways, I only did a quick look.

Oh I am using win7 pro 64bit and it might need the antivirus turned off during install. not sure, it might have been me doing something wrong and assumed it was that.
Just ban everyone

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011, 22:24

Playing this

It's awesome. Feels like at home since the gameplay system is very similar to FO3/NV.
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011, 03:38

I've been playing the game regularly (when I can) since release. What a grand old time. Easily the best game of 2011 for me, given that I can certainly say I'll be playing it well into 2012. Last year was New Vegas (which I only wrapped up a couple of months before Skyrim), so I'd say these guys are on a roll.

I'm playing it so much that I hardly have time for anything else. The only other game I've had time to play as aggresively as this is Gears 3 (caught the Horde bug, have yet to try the SP and probably won't. Marcus can eat a dick).

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011, 05:32

It has a lot of irritating bug,and..It hasn't go Intro(any epc screene)and the End of the game was...yes,the end hasn't got too...

UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011, 10:57

Can't really say it's my GOTY for 2011 since I'll probably give it to Gears 3 or Serious Sam 3 or DX:HR (most probably Gears 3 because, hot damn every gametype is amazing). But then I could give it to New Vegas since it ended in last September, pretty much.

For a 2012 GOTY probably yes since I don't like any 2012 upcoming releases, and I started Skyrim right now.
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 06:36

I just know I'm going to be playing the game for a while is really why I predict it will be my number 1 when the dust settleS, whereas I've already been playing it longer than any other new game released in 2011 and it keeps getting more interesting the more I play it. If we were talking DLC the praise would go directly to New Vegas, as it kept me going all year (Old World Blues, I've decided, is my favorite).

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011, 10:11

"A man says: If you tell a lie I will slay you with a sword. If you tell the truth I will slay you with a spell. What must you say to stay alive?"

Previous Next