This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

What i'm up to as of late---

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lone Wolf
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: What i'm up to as of late---

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008, 20:36

Well just to let people know what is going on in my life I added a new website. Right now I'm looking for a job and working on the farm. And for right now that is fixing things up. We have not even got into beef cattle yet. This spring we like to get about 5 head to start. Right now we have 3 horses that we are training and taking care of.

You can stop in at this site to see what is going on in my world right now.

http://www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com/index.htm

As time allows I will update the site.

LW
My little corner of the net
www.lone-wolfs-den.com Stop by the farm and see what we are up to.
www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008, 22:04

You have a farm? That's great! I really hope it works out for you and your wife even better than you had imagined it. Best of luck!
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008, 22:15

wow.. some time filling work on there! What state do you live?
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Lone Wolf

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008, 23:04

WhirlWindWabbit wrote:You have a farm? That's great! I really hope it works out for you and your wife even better than you had imagined it. Best of luck!

Thanks we will need all the luck we can get. :lol:

LW

User avatar Lone Wolf

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008, 23:17

Darkon wrote:wow.. some time filling work on there! What state do you live?

We live in Pennsylvania, in the village of Spraggs. We are 3.5 mile from West Virginia. Yea there is a ton of work to do down here. LOL my wife is getting a crash course on how long it take to do the work that needs to be done. She would come home after work and say is that all you got done on trailer one? :? Then she started to help me on the week ends and after 5 hours of work she would look round and say " dam is that all I got done in 5 hours!" I would say "yes dear this is time consuming work" :rolleyes: lol now she does not wine as much as before how she got a tast of what needs to be done. :)

lw

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2008, 01:48

God bless LW...you're doing exactly what my wife and I dream of....but don't have the guts (or energy at this point in our lives :? ) to tackle.
It's a satisfying and peacefull lifestyle...good luck :tup:
Old as Dirt

User avatar Lone Wolf

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Feb 2008, 15:09

zbreaker wrote:God bless LW...you're doing exactly what my wife and I dream of....but don't have the guts (or energy at this point in our lives :? ) to tackle.
It's a satisfying and peacefull lifestyle...good luck :tup:

Thanks we are going to need all the luck we can get. I know what mean when it comes to having the guts. Every day I say to my self “ this is the dumbest thing I have done.” :/ I left a $15.00 hour job. ‘USD’ and sold my house that was paid for to buy this small farm. :shock: Now it was a small house, about 950 sq feet. Now the rentals are paying the mortgage. So when I get a job the cash flow will be good. Long term we can make more money here on the farm. We can make about 90% profits on the beef cattle. We will buy them when they are weaned and weight about 400lb. Keep them for the summer and into the fall then sell them. By then they will weight about 900 – 1000lb. Beef is going for about $0.95 a lb. The last owner of the farm told us that you can run up to 30 head. But we will be using some of the land for other things, so we are looking at maybe 15 – 20 head. 20 head will bring in about $18000.00 to $20000.00 a year. And up front cost is about $8000.00 to $9000.00. Also I can get my gunsmithing shop up and going again down here. That should bring in some money to. And we have other plans to. So time will tell.

LW