UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Ugh...here we go again...

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: Ugh...here we go again...

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 13:08

I can understand why they might have posted it. As a New Yorker you just get used to seeing the big apple get clustered in the movies, but in a post 9/11 state you watch those movies and think soberly "buildings don't look like that when they fall down" and the comparison probably came from that place in the photographer's heart (i hope). Probably not necessary to have them, probably an obvious point not worth mentioning, but whatever. I made it a point not to take any pictures of the destruction near me and got privately annoyed when asked to do so by people. I know that it is a necessary reminder sometimes for people to know just what mother nature is capable of, and I remember being shocked by some videos I watched during the Earthquake in Japan....but I'm not going to be the one taking photos of other people's misery.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: Ugh...here we go again...

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012, 19:41

I kinda think, they need a big city in the movies for massive devastation.You are the movie guru here and seen them all.

I can see what you mean, I think for me it would feel as I am selling out my neighborhood or town, rather than pitching in, but stand around taking pictures, or even just surviving.

But I don't think it's with malice, I think we would want pictures because it's "New York"
Man there is going to be cleanup and repairs to do for a long.................. time.
Just ban everyone

Previous