Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

is UNREAL 2 allowed here?

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: is UNREAL 2 allowed here?

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 09:16

An engine is good only if you know how to use it
Or we'll end up with something like those UT2k4 wasteland maps that looked painfully horrible.
ImageImage

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: is UNREAL 2 allowed here?

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013, 02:41

Mister_Prophet wrote:To be honest, storage and reviews for SP content made for Unreal 2 was always kind of allowed, it's just that nobody ever really took the effort to promote a legitimate, finished project and nobody on the site made the effort to review them. There exists an icon for U2 content made for the main site subpages, but to my knowledge it has never been applied, save for maybe a couple of times next-engine SP projects were announced and then dissolved.

Speaking for myself, I have played one custom made SP campaign made for Unreal 2. It spanned multiple maps and was set in a contemporary setting during a zombie outbreak. It used stock Unreal2 content and featured one new enemy class that I remember (the zombies), otherwise human enemies from the game were used in a kind of clever way. All the level design was more or less custom as it took place in a town and featured modern locales. I remember going to a mall, a town block, and one level was in a police station. It ended by a crater and was intended to be continued by another episode, but I don't think they were ever completed. I can't even tell you the name, I think it was rather generic sounding.
maybe one of these? http://www.gamefront.com/files/listing/pub2/Unreal_2/Maps_Levels_Missions/Single_Player

Previous