Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

is UNREAL 2 allowed here?

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: is UNREAL 2 allowed here?

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 18:54

So,you played it through.
The story itself isn't as awful.Especially the end :D

As for radios.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=186647
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 19:05

That's a lie started by RoninmastaFX. :shake: Almost everything he told GreatEmerald about Unreal has been proven to be false. If I knew he was the one behind it, I never would have bought into the idea of Unreal 2 getting coop support in the first place.

As for Unreal 2 reviews being allowed here, the mission statement section on the front page lists Unreal 2 and UT2004 SP maps as being reviewable, it's just that no one wants to write any.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 19:41

I want,but my grammar is bad... :D
There is a lot of UT 2kx content waiting outside :D
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 19:48

PromiserOfDeath wrote:No. It's a Bad Sequel! It has Absolutely Nothing to do with Unreal 1. The Plot/Story is Crap! Get Over It!

lol, what the hell? I agree with you but dude, not everyone has the same opinion. "Get over it!" Really?

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 21:47

I didn't really have anything against Unreal 2's story or plot, it just might have seemed weird because it actually had one where Unreal itself functioned mostly as a central survival story set against the backdrop of an alien world with other circumstances occurring alongside your escape. They were just very different here, different purposes. To chastise Unreal 2 for something like story...well okay, what about it was actually bad compared to Unreal? There were things in there I thought were good ideas, like the character interactions and going back to the ship between missions (Bioware more or less did this exact same thing with better production values and higher success with Mass Effect and Dragon Age). If there is a criticism to made here I would say that games that give more control to the player tend to fare better in long term than otherwise, just my experience anyway.

What I did not like about Unreal 2 was many elements of gameplay that failed to engage me as a shooter, from the lackluster gunplay to the fact that you move at a snail's pace to the fact that most of the environments just weren't very fun to fight in.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 22:41

I don't know, but it seems some have forgotten the game, judging by the negative comments. it was a VERY good game!. for some reason though, it seems no maps were made for it, so I think that's why it's not popular. it did have a very bad ending though, maybe a continuation was planned that showed that all your crewmen DIDN'T die, but were thought to. but a sequel never came out.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 22:44

This game should've picked up from RTNP but it didn't!!! You play as a random character that has nothing to do with the first Unreal. It's like another game that isn't Unreal at all in the series. Sure there's Skaarj but nothing else... Epic shouldn't have let another company make Unreal 2.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 23:39

Reviews of SP mods for later Unreal games are supposed to be allowed when the site gets updated.
Formerly Mman

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 23:45

Waffnuffly wrote:To be fair, though, I only played half of the first level before I'd had enough.

That could be a bit of a blindfold :P I mean yeah, the game wasn't the best or anything like unreal, but it does have it's fun moments if you keep on playing (I've found the last two levels and the more midgame sulferon one enjoyable enough to come back to them quite a few times for example). It's just too bad those highs aren't anywhere near as high as other fps games
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 00:06

To be honest, storage and reviews for SP content made for Unreal 2 was always kind of allowed, it's just that nobody ever really took the effort to promote a legitimate, finished project and nobody on the site made the effort to review them. There exists an icon for U2 content made for the main site subpages, but to my knowledge it has never been applied, save for maybe a couple of times next-engine SP projects were announced and then dissolved.

Speaking for myself, I have played one custom made SP campaign made for Unreal 2. It spanned multiple maps and was set in a contemporary setting during a zombie outbreak. It used stock Unreal2 content and featured one new enemy class that I remember (the zombies), otherwise human enemies from the game were used in a kind of clever way. All the level design was more or less custom as it took place in a town and featured modern locales. I remember going to a mall, a town block, and one level was in a police station. It ended by a crater and was intended to be continued by another episode, but I don't think they were ever completed. I can't even tell you the name, I think it was rather generic sounding.

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 03:43

All Rights Reserved wrote:This game should've picked up from RTNP but it didn't!!! You play as a random character that has nothing to do with the first Unreal. It's like another game that isn't Unreal at all in the series. Sure there's Skaarj but nothing else... Epic shouldn't have let another company make Unreal 2.

Like I said they Made the Characters Expendable and Nobody cared if they lived or died. I also Agree that Epic should have made Unreal 2.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 04:04

Epic should have made it and published the dumb game... Not Legend and Atari...dumbfuks...
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 04:14

All Rights Reserved wrote:Epic should have made it and published the dumb game... Not Legend and Atari...dumbfuks...

Agreed Once again!

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 11:11

Hate to sound dumb but what Unreal 2 SPs were actually released (as opposed to just announced)? I went to NaliCity a few years ago but all I could find were XMP levels. Wouldn't mind getting Unreal 2 set up again and playing one for the sheer novelty of it.

I don't think there was ever much interest there to begin with and the apparent failure of the game sealed its fate.
StalwartUK

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 11:23

There are UT 2004 SP levels...so, they can be reviewed as well.

Previous Next