UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

What about that guy called Kaal?

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: What about that guy called Kaal?

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 22:42

Guys, I'm following the Unreal community since i know my mind. But, whats about that guy??
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: What about that guy called Kaal?

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013, 22:53

Ahh, Kaal979, aka TheSinew. Well, this particular person is infamous for stealing content made by others. By 'stealing' I mean repackaging and releasing content as his own. The few items he actually made himself are so bad that they aren't worth your time. Basically, if you see his stuff, be it authentically his or stolen, avoid like the plague.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013, 01:30

I'd like to download some of HIS stuff that HE made and laugh my ass off!
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013, 01:44

As far as I'm aware this person has never made a post at UnrealSP. Perhaps it's best to leave it at that and and never mention them again, if the accusations yet hold truth. For starters, what drama happens elsewhere ought not to be mentioned unless it concerns a SP campaign or map presented on the site. Furthermore, I don't think it is good practice to give thieves attention when we have people around who are genuinely doing good honest work for the benefit of the community. Those threads deserve your posts more.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013, 07:40

Delacroix wrote:Ahh, Kaal979, aka TheSinew. Well, this particular person is infamous for stealing content made by others. By 'stealing' I mean repackaging and releasing content as his own. The few items he actually made himself are so bad that they aren't worth your time. Basically, if you see his stuff, be it authentically his or stolen, avoid like the plague.

The problem is, I can't avoid any shit about Unreal, thats why I staarted this thread.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013, 14:15

Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013, 18:16

Mister_Prophet wrote:As far as I'm aware this person has never made a post at UnrealSP. Perhaps it's best to leave it at that and and never mention them again, if the accusations yet hold truth. For starters, what drama happens elsewhere ought not to be mentioned unless it concerns a SP campaign or map presented on the site. Furthermore, I don't think it is good practice to give thieves attention when we have people around who are genuinely doing good honest work for the benefit of the community. Those threads deserve your posts more.

Fully agreed. I'll be locking this thread as it's a potential drama flashpoint. :)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator