UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

So, on Friday I was in the ER (emergency room!!!)

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: So, on Friday I was in the ER (emergency room!!!)

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014, 00:35

Jigoku wrote:I had mine removed but every time I got sick it didn't last very long, like three days. Back in August last year I got sick and it lasted three days.

I haven't been sick in....6 years or so. :P

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014, 05:37

Well, I was forced to get mine out at a early age... :/
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014, 22:17

-Visc- wrote:
Jigoku wrote:I had mine removed but every time I got sick it didn't last very long, like three days. Back in August last year I got sick and it lasted three days.

I haven't been sick in....6 years or so. :P

That's because you shoot all the bacterias and viruses around you with your shotgun... Take no Prisoners...

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014, 22:37

Kidney stone!
Never experienced anything more painful than that.

On pills for ADHD, Can't live without it for now, too chaotic clashes of being super active in the brain and super tired in the body, or viceverse, Sadly I suffer the Depression side effect of the pills and it's pretty bad, but I live in denial most of the time.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 01:06

Oh lol, ADHD.

I was on ever increasing doses of ritalin/concerta from the age of 5 through to the age of 19. I had tried to get off them at various times during that period, but whenever a big test, assignment or exam came up I would freak out and fall back on my stash.
It got to a point where that didn't even really work, and instead of studying and putting actual effort in I was like "I'll just take a concerta pill and wing it". All the pill did was put me deeeeep inside my head and shut off the creative, emotional and communicational parts of my brain. But I thought it was a necessary evil that I have to live with if I wanted to keep up with my peers. That pissed me off to no end. It led to massive trouble with the ladies, pretty much every relationship in my life being strained or broken, as I was unable to both think and feel simultaneously.

I began to wonder why it is that the Aussie Government has no problems prescribing me amphetamines and getting me totally fucked up, and yet kept pushing this massive campaign that "Drugs are bad". It just seemed totally hypocritical.

Eventually I moved on campus to my uni and encountered significant drug culture. All these people were smashing beers and punching cones and seemed like the healthiest, happiest guys in the world. I became further disillusioned: I had been taught that drug addicts were destitute, prostitute, living in the gutter, but this in no way matched up with what I was actually experiencing. Riding on the back of that disillusionment, I started drinking a lot, smoking weed (which never really did anything for me) and popping ritalin and concerta pills even more frequently than I used to.

One thing led to another and I ended up taking a psychedelic (25i-nbome). It was ineffably eye-opening. If you haven't tried a psychedelic there's really no point me trying to describe it because it is so different to anything which you experience in your natural state of being that words can never truly come close to conveying what it is like.

The second time I took it was a bad trip. I came out of it thinking "Holy shit my life was fucked up before I took this weird drug, and now it's even more fucked up". I ended up freaking out and breaking down to a point where they had to chuck me in a mental institute for 4 weeks (That's another ineffable experience which I won't go into).

In those four weeks I managed to form a resolution not to ever take any kind of drug again (my definition of drug was extremely broad: basically the only thing I would let myself drink was water: no coffee, no caffiene, no soft drinks, nothing which is processed), and start ACTIVELY searching for meaning in my life, rather than just sitting around and thinking about the big questions all day.

Religious tangent:
[spoiler]I decided that it was time to respect my Christian mates beliefs and actually read their holy book with an open mind. Long story short, I converted to Christianity. But that doesn't mean I've just closed off my mind, I'm trying to give equal time to the other major religions of the world. I don't believe that 6 billion people are ignorant and stupid. Everyone has a brain and everyone more or less has grown up knowing how to use it. I'm guessing that there is heaps of truth in all the major religions.[/spoiler]

It was hard, and I had to actually fail some subjects, but in the end I managed to break my dependence on concerta. It turns out that after 6 months of not taking it, my brain worked out how to concentrate for itself! I'm back at a point where I can get 95% on a maths test, and the thing that I'm totally stoked about is that I don't have to take concerta to do it. Which means I can do well academically and at work without it and not have to deal with ANY of the negative side effects any more. As long as I'm focussing on doing what I love and loving what I do. My life is infinitely better off without it and I'm no longer convinced that I ever actually needed it.

If you're considering getting off ADHD pills, there will never be a better time than right now. You have to take the plunge at some point. Shit WILL get worse for about a year, as your brain freaks out and adjusts to the fact that it has to do the concentrating for itself. But if you don't give in during that time (and there will be some minor and major cravings), you'll pick up little habits and traits that help you concentrate without it. For example: exercise, diet and an actual social life. It requires a little bit more effort than simply taking a pill, but the advantages outrun anything concerta has on offer by a mile.

[spoiler]Bonus tip: Seriously investigate a Revealed religion (Islam, Judaism, Christiantiy). If you're anything like me you probably appreciate that we can only interact with reality on a subjective level. If there is a "true" reality out there, we can't know anything about it. Which is why the claims of the revealed religions are so interesting: God is the only one who could truly know anything about objective reality, so the only way we're going to know about it is if he tells us, hence the torah, bible, quran. It sucks that they make contradictory claims because it makes the job of searching for truth so much harder. :P Super rewarding stuff though[/spoiler]
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014, 07:18

You bring up valid and interesting point, Though I must say, Not taking the pill is quite the thing happening to me as when YOU took it.

I stopped increasing the dose of concerta after the 54mg dose.

My family is very social in itself so I've never found it exciting to explore things with friends, mostly because I kept myself to a small group of good friends rather than a huge group of acquaintances, and the family was like a group of friends, I almost exclusively drink at home or with relatives instead.

I also have an annoying way of keeping myself short ;P

[spoiler]On the point of religion, I have to say I am an open atheist to a point where I legitimately do not believe in such thing but still enjoy the history and myths of a religion, and on contrary to the atheist vs Christianity I am completely tolerant and understanding of people choosing to believe. (My parents are part of Jehovah's witnesses, to a belief state and not like it's made fun of, and they gave all of us three children a free choice as to what to believe in, surprised to say, none of us really devote our time to a religion with me only being the one who actually defies the existence of God.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also, forgive me if I ask, and you can choose not to answer, but when you said that the pill shut of your communicational, emotional and creative parts of your brain made me thing of a EXACT same case of my cousin's son which has ADHD AND asbergers Syndrome, and not only that a guildie of my old guild had the exact same result of taking the pill because he had that combo. Might you also have it? That would explain the trouble with the pill and why you're able to control it by own free will. Though I might be stretching on a limb there, of course there are cases with people only having ADHD and your problem with the pill but I just found it too similar of a case to not ask if it's the same. Again sorry for asking! :)[/spoiler]

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014, 00:11

I happen to have autism/Asperger's and it feels like my dad finds it annoying since I'm like fascinated with stuff like Intel/NVIDIA. I also feel like I have depression at times buuuut I'll save that for another rant, prolly not here but somewhere else.

And way back in elementary school I was on Ritalin too but after a while I stopped taking it cause it made me worse. Since then I've been drug free. :D

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014, 11:32

*UPDATE*

Got an ultrasound and that cyst is gone. Now got another thing going on which involves damn birth control pills. Save me...

Previous