Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Tyrian commentary with Alexandor Brandon

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Tyrian commentary with Alexandor Brandon

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014, 17:42

For any fans of Alex Brandon: PC Gamer published a duo commentary with a PCG journo and Alexander Brandon on Tyrian, the game he co-designed and composed for.

It runs for a solid hour, and from what I've heard so far, it's very interesting and provides a lot of insight. Maybe Unreal, Deus Ex etc. are mentioned as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hcEgw95C7o
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Tyrian commentary with Alexandor Brandon

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014, 21:36

Oh yeah! Thanks for the heads up, ividyon! I'll be listening to this with great attention... and it's funny that this should surface now, as just days ago I listened to the whole Tyrian OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kNE-EKgCg

Camanis is my favourite (4th track, at 05:25) :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Tyrian commentary with Alexandor Brandon

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014, 00:01

Just finished listening to the whole thing while having dinner.
Regarding Unreal or Deus Ex, nothing new is mentioned apart from this funny remark Alex Brandon makes when talking about how cheesy the story for Tyrian is: roughly
"There was a planet called Gryphon (...) I think Cliff Bleszinsky said that name came to him in a dream, it's one of the planets in Unreal I think... or was it in the Gears universe?" :D
Afterall, not everyone here remembers what our beloved fictitious planet was originally called, either! :wink:
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.