Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Probably a goodbye.

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Probably a goodbye.

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015, 23:12

You've been always very creative with your stuff, Z-enzyme/Qtit. Coming with Unreal mods/projects that were different from the rest like Day of the Titan and I wanted to see those released D:
So yeah I'm really sad to see you go; of course, better interests and RL issues take over and that means it's time for a change.

Oh yeah, as always, thank you a lot for having helped me in the coding stuff for G59 :)
ImageImage

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015, 23:18

Wow, I opened Unreal ED first time since... Ever just to check how much stuff there is unfinished and I'm just... Wow.

It makes this even harder. Crap.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015, 23:35

If you want an honest answer: there's absolutely no need for farewell dramatics. It may have helped some people to completely cut their ties for a while - see Hellscrag - but generally I don't find this to be the right answer. Ask yourself one simple question: what for?

So you have unfinished projects, and you teased at tons of amazing content that you now won't deliver. And so? We've had this a million times before. The community, as a whole, has low expectations. And anybody who ever worked a day in their life has full understanding for how quickly reality can swamp and overwhelm you once you're no longer a teen spending 8 hours a day in UnrealEd. There's far more important things in life.

We're just a forum where people talk about a subject they like. You're not embarassing yourself or disappointing anybody by not following up on your projects. Feel free to lurk and post as much as you want, and as much as you're interested in Unreal and the community. Noone's forcing you to anything, and if they are, don't pay any attention!

The only reason you should be considering a hard cut and withdrawal is if you're so completely and utterly addicted to USP.org that your work and private life suffers from the amount of time you spend here. I doubt that is the case, so relax!

And, a final note: Since you don't have the time and motivation to work on Unreal stuff anymore, please consider releasing and open-sourcing your in-progress works. Don't hand them to private groups, just put up a big ol' thread and post everything. It won't prevent you from coming back and revisiting it later, and you can still release your own stuff once you find the time. Still, this is a prime opportunity to FINALLY have somebody who lets others learn from their cancelled work, rather than leaving it to rot on their hard-drive forever.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015, 00:13

ividyon wrote:...

:tup: :tup:
seconded

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015, 21:12

Well Ivi, I definitely see a point.
Sometimes people get depressed cause some things ended in their lives, and others might help him out just with few good words. Thing that you did here is one of these.

Cause, there's no one else that could understand what am I feeling than you guys.

Close and get rid of the thread then. I think this is the answear I needed.
Thanks.

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015, 08:36

Sometimes people seek closure on these kinds of things... It isn't unusual.

You needn't be so hard on yourself. Whether we see you around or not, I wish you the best of luck.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015, 13:38

No one would be mad at you if you didn't post regularily anymore without saying good-bye. The suprise would be even bigger if you pop up (seemingly) out of nowhere and present a finished project. This has been successfully done in the past (e.g. Xenome, Dead-Star, Bob) and personally, I want to go this way, too. Maybe people are mad at me, anyway :lol:
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015, 04:06

z-Enzyme, I remember playing RLCoop once with you and some others and punching a titan to death with our fists. Those were good times. :lol:

We all, to an extent, feel that way about Unreal/UT I think, we like the game and want to develop stuff for it but don't have the time. Like everyone else has said here, no need to worry over it. Thanks for all the awesome, truly outstanding contributions you've made to the game over the years. And best of luck with all your endeavors! Maybe we'll still see you around now and then, at any rate :tup:

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015, 07:02

Hehe, I'm starting to understand why it would've been wise to lock this :P People don't quite get the message that he's staying!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Previous