A random sentence for a random mind.

A weird dream I had about Unreal...

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: A weird dream I had about Unreal...

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015, 01:06

Ok so I had a weird dream about the Triamid Ruins. Some friends and I were at the ruins and we came across a spot in which you'd be shot if you went into the building. My friends got shot and then afterwards I SOMEHOW resurrected them but as I did instead of seeing my friends I see this extremely fat lady appear... I can't remember all of it but... Jesus. What the hell. I think my dreams are trying to tell me something...

What kind of strange dreams did you have about Unreal or any strange dream in general?
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: A weird dream I had about Unreal...

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015, 01:41

I had dreams about that but i forgot what happened... :(
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 15:04

I had a weird dream about being imprisoned aboard the Rikers.
Then, suddenly a Nali priest came in with a mobile phone, trying to catch a photo of the crew.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:48

Sometimes I dream about playing in Unreal levels, new ones, usually quite imaginative stuff. In fact, I'm certain that my dream self is a far better map designer than my conscious self is. :lol:

More than once I've thought about making a compilation of these dreamt about maps. The issues are how well would these translate into "reality" and whether my skills are up to par or not.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015, 12:24

I have thought of adding to this thread for a while...
Still don't have that much free time so I'll make this (relatively) short; here's some of the strange stuff I dreamt of over the years:
- starting on the steep slope of a mountain on a sunny day, not too high above the bottom of the relatively narrow valley, pine trees surrounding me, accompanied by one or two people. We get to a cave and start exploring with flashlights - we find giant blue fluorescent mushrooms lol, and a small subterranean river which we're forced to swim through (it was only a few meters across but with the current it felt like a massive effort to swim from one side to the other) - then we find another exit that makes us emerge in a similar valley but in the middle of the night - it's a bit foggy. Somehow there's a road and we can hear the thumping from a party nearby - flashy lights pierce the fog. We get there and it's like everyone's cool so we join in. Cute girls and a pool. Lust permeates my imagination. Tut-tut, I'm not elaborating on that. After the casual entertaining, somehow I manage to find a group of climbing enthusiasts among these people, and I convince them to start the trek at 3h30 a.m. so next thing we're using ropes and crampons on a fucking glacier in a blizzard, with only flashes of white and red breaking the darkness (the red would be from the jackets reflecting light from the flashlights)! I actually feel excited and uneasy at the same time - I could feel the rope giving random violent jolts, which pull me down and obviously there's the risk of a fatal fall - like the dream could really take over, making me lose control completely (when things take a turn for the worse, I can usually transform my dream). Finally we get to the top of the glacier, now the fog is lighter, the blizzard has stopped, and because the Sun has risen everything is white or blue. My brother is by my side, all of a sudden - and most of the others have gone. Ahead, a vaguely Asian temple, nested at the start of the glacier between steep, rocky slopes. For some reason, life-like visuals become more like the graphics of Unreal: yep, Gala's Peak is a strong influence! we walk up to the temple and explore the inside (no one there), which was nice (there were golden statues the size of a man here and there), but I don't remember much beyond that, though I do remember slowly taking a more omniscient view of the scene, with a top-down perpective slowly taking over, and a feeling like I was actively reshaping the layout in order to achieve a... better result? As if I was considering level design. Then I fly down back to the main valley, no fog but a heavy cloud cover and life-like visuals again, and a scene where two or three helicopters land soldiers in the middle of some fields and scattered houses, and the shooting and burning begins :twisted: and it's like I'm directing a film with a 3/4 perspective, with the camera rotating around the helicopters... that's all for this one!
- I arrive on some tropical island, cartoonish 3D, people tell me about a war, so 5 or 6 of us go off with swords (yeah) to some other islands (you could literally just run across shallow waters from one island to the next, only took 20 seconds or so for each stretch!), lots of palm trees, not much height variation on very small islands (barely bigger than the water stretches), calm seas (around the group of islands), and the sky was always yellow-orange because it was perpetual sunset or sunrise and finally we found a locked wooden door on the side of a small hill and the only bit of violence of the whole dream: a cartoonish pirate trying to open the door by attacking it with an axe, and again I lose my first person perspective and become more like a film director, as the camera shows the other side of the door where an alien not unlike Candy Caramella from Space Goofs tries to help the door withstand the blows by leaning against it!

That's all for now! :P

P.S.: oh, and there's a lurker called UnrealSP.org apparently!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015, 23:24

Yes, I've had a dream in Unreal engine too. All I can remember was some bot running somewhere tho.

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015, 00:21

I had another dream about a map from UT that doesn't exist and I should make it... Can't remember all what happened in my dream... I really should make this map...

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015, 11:59

I also had a dream about Unreal.

I was in a secluded area with Vandora just having fun when suddenly my wife walked in. That thaught me never to mess around with the Gods ;-)

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2015, 13:08

salsaSkaarj wrote:I also had a dream about Unreal.

I was in a secluded area with Vandora just having fun when suddenly my wife walked in. That taught me never to mess around with the Gods ;-)

:lol: Brilliant! :P
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Jigoku

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015, 05:18

salsaSkaarj wrote:I also had a dream about Unreal.

I was in a secluded area with Vandora just having fun when suddenly my wife walked in. That thaught me never to mess around with the Gods ;-)
Really...