Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Crypt of the NecroDancer fully released!

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Crypt of the NecroDancer fully released!

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015, 19:17

So one of my all-time favorite video games, Crypt of the NecroDancer, just got its full release on Steam. The game's been out in Early Access for a good year now, and while it was already totally awesome during that time, the crew behind the game managed to make it even sweeter for the release.

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Essentially, it's a rhythm game mashed together with a roguelite dungeon crawler. The concept is deceptively simple, and it just works beautifully. It's the kind of game where you think to yourself "Why hasn't anybody thought of that before?" And that is where its appeal lies. Enemies have distinct movement patterns, to which you need to adapt, while planning all your moves to the sweet beat.

The music is composed by Danny Baranowsky (who improved TONS since the Binding of Isaac), and the game features two remixed versions of the soundtrack by A_Rival and FamilyJules7x (in EDM and Metal varieties) which make it a joy for the ears.

I can wholeheartedly recommend EVERYBODY to check this little gem out. I've been part of its community since it came out on Early Access, and I assisted in the final launch testing, and after all that experience I can't help but share it with as many people as possible! It's a flawless little game, and it deserves all the attention and hype it can get. Check it out!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator