Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

System Shock 3

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: System Shock 3

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015, 09:46

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: System Shock 3

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015, 13:14

They really, really mustn't screw this up!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015, 21:03

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015, 22:33

Sat42 wrote:They really, really mustn't screw this up!

As far as I am concerend, they've screwed up already by forcing registration before even seeing anything, so I'm letting this one pass (pity, I liked System Shoc in the Doom days).

Oh well, I couldn't care less - I'm going to replay just about everything Unreal I have and continue on my Sokoban quest, just last week I found a site with perfect online play with just about every decent levelset ever created.

*This evening I replayed Dark Arena starting the map from scratch on Unreal difficulty, hmm: no piece of cake at all*

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015, 00:38

salsaSkaarj wrote:
Sat42 wrote:As far as I am concerend, they've screwed up already by forcing registration before even seeing anything, so I'm letting this one pass (pity, I liked System Shoc in the Doom days).

What? That's a standard - they just send you any incoming news. You can't screw up when doing something entirely positive duh
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2015, 10:32

UBerserker wrote:
salsaSkaarj wrote:As far as I am concerend, they've screwed up already by forcing registration before even seeing anything, so I'm letting this one pass (pity, I liked System Shoc in the Doom days).

What? That's a standard - they just send you any incoming news. You can't screw up when doing something entirely positive duh

First of all, you might want to edit your previous post :wink: You're supposed to quote the culprit, in this case salsaSkaarj, not Sat42 8) .
And secondly, how would you feel if you want to see the new washingmachine model in action but have to register with your email (or address) before being allowed to enter the shop? (standard?? what standard?)

It's damn difficult nowadays but I refuse to play along with the commercial harvesting of "personal data" (where do spammers get their data???)

Seriously UB?, would you consider it normal if you had to be registered just to read UnrealSP. It's not really sensitive material, is it?

Give potential customers enough real information so that they become interested the object and offer more so that they have an decent idea on whether registering is worth it or not!

I'm not criticising anybody who does register; but I fail to see the need for criticising anybody who chooses not to register.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015, 01:05

salsaSkaarj wrote:And secondly, how would you feel if you want to see the new washingmachine model in action but have to register with your email (or address) before being allowed to enter the shop? (standard?? what standard?)

It's damn difficult nowadays but I refuse to play along with the commercial harvesting of "personal data" (where do spammers get their data???)

Seriously UB?, would you consider it normal if you had to be registered just to read UnrealSP. It's not really sensitive material, is it?

Give potential customers enough real information so that they become interested the object and offer more so that they have an decent idea on whether registering is worth it or not!

I'm not criticising anybody who does register; but I fail to see the need for criticising anybody who chooses not to register.

News will be distributed elsewhere, such as on Otherside's Twitter and on their website. The form is voluntary, not meant to be malicious, and allows some extra polling data to be collected on customer interest in VR and peoples' histories with the series, since the team at Otherside has been curious about the former and is likely interested in the latter for focusing their target platform(s). I'm with you on it not being a problem for people to avoid such signup sheets.

Does anybody have an understanding of Otherside and their recent and past history? I'm curious if people are familiar with them. That's a discussion I wouldn't mind having. I've followed them fairly closely prior to the System Shock business with them and NightDive. Some people may be hearing about them for the first time since this recent announcement and I'd be curious on peoples' thoughts pertaining to the game and Otherside's involvement rather than to a glorified email news notification form on a teaser page.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015, 23:37

Otherside seems to be made up of surviving members of Looking Glass. Best case scenario is if something like what happened with the Obsidian/Black Isle reunion for Fallout New Vegas happened for this.

On a personal note, I'm always 50/50 when a long standing series comes back from hiatus. I also feel like Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite took the "shock" games concepts as far as they could go. Recent games like Soma haven't exactly filled me with any fervor to go back to cyber horror.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015, 16:49

I guess I'm way behind most of you guys. I have yet to play any FPS/RPG/Stealth game hybrid more recent than Deus Ex (2000) :P
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016, 00:37

System Shock 1 remaster teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns
ImageImage

User avatar ElectricIce

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016, 05:33

that looks fucking sexy

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016, 19:33

ElectricIce wrote:that looks fucking sexy

Indeed :)

However, I don't think it makes much sense to have both System Shock 1 Remastered (more like "Remade") developed simultaneously with System Shock 3. Two relatively small indie developers working separately on the same franchise - I let you figure out the potential problems this situation may create. However, maybe there's some coordination on the market level - with the remake coming out first, it could prepare today's audience for System Shock 3 (which won't be released any time soon). We shall see...

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016, 00:43

Demo of remastered System Shock 1 game coming June 28th.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016, 22:54

ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016, 16:34

KICKSTARTER FUNDED!
ImageImage