Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

If you have a PS4

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: If you have a PS4

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017, 20:18

Buy Horizon Zero Dawn https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games ... -dawn-ps4/

I know yeah the story is like almost stereotypical post-world tribal shit but holy goddamn the game looks absolutely stunning visually. Not for just open-ended games but possibly in general I haven't been this impressed since a very long time. There are also hi-tech sections that look straight out of Drakk design mixed with Triamid-style Unreal, plus the majority of enemies are all robotic dinosaurs and make sick sounds. And the weather system HOLY SHIT, the COLORS.
Characters are very forgettable but the overall design/animation is top-notch. Gameplay is a mix of stealth and lots of fighting - you pretty much run around bombarding enemies full of arrows (normal ones, or flaming ones or EMP ones) or wacking them in a pretty heavy way or sneaky insta-kill way. The main girl character is closer to the original Lara Croft in terms of badassery and her controls are extremely smooth.
The map is large and varied and there doesn't seem to be at least one bug? Didn't see any in a playthrough.

Either way, I believe this game fits perfect people who loved Unreal 1. It starts a bit slow but after a while you have a lot of freedom and it begins playing like a full-blown action shooter in incredible locations.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: If you have a PS4

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017, 09:25

Since I only have two games for mine I may look into it... (Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. My avatar is from Bloodborne. :P)
Formerly known as All Rights Reserved.

My forums need love!

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017, 17:04

Jigoku wrote:Since I only have two games for mine I may look into it... (Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. My avatar is from Bloodborne. :P)

I would really recommend. Still going on with it and it looks like it's also very inspired from The Dig (the same adventure game on PC which Triamid's visuals were based on) considering some alien locations full of mini metallic pyramids.
Also holy shit the sounds are SOMETHING.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017, 01:09

Game looks interesting. I'll consider it.
Formerly known as All Rights Reserved.

My forums need love!