Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Old Skool Coop Bug

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Old Skool Coop Bug

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 06:20

I found a bug in Old Skool that I'm sure someone else has to have noticed. In a Dedicated server, all weapons dropped by Skaarj Troopers are invisible. No matter what I put in ServerPackages, they will always be invisible. If you pick up the invisible weapon for the first time (if you didn't already pick up the weapon elsewhere in the map), then it will result in you having an invisible view weapon - complete with no sounds. The weapon will still fire, but you can't see or hear it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I tried doing a complete fresh install of UT with nothing but the patch, Old Skool, and Unreal maps - but the bug still persisted. You can see this bug for yourself by starting a dedicated server and joining your own game. A good map to test this in is "extremebeg". There is a Skaarj Trooper right at the beginning that drops an invisible ASMD.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 15:34

Weird. I dunno if it's fixable; it sounds less like an Oldskool bug and more like a replication issue with Inventory/Weapons dropped by Troopers. Maybe BecomePickup isn't replicated or something, so it never gets its audiovisual effects back.

Does it happen in normal Unreal coop or just Oldskool?

User avatar Punisher
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 20:59

Uhh.......

Lock it IMO!
http://www.gta4.net/weapons/

It has all funniest weapons, in the war on Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNrthYW20

Liquor, Guns, and Fun.

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 21:28

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 22:02

Waffnuffly wrote:Weird. I dunno if it's fixable; it sounds less like an Oldskool bug and more like a replication issue with Inventory/Weapons dropped by Troopers. Maybe BecomePickup isn't replicated or something, so it never gets its audiovisual effects back.

Does it happen in normal Unreal coop or just Oldskool?

I'm not sure about Unreal coop... I don't even have it installed these days. I might scrounge up my Unreal CD later today and do a quick test. I thought it was an OldSkool bug, but I could be wrong.

Punisher wrote:Uhh.......

Lock it IMO!

Did I miss something? If I did, then your post is a little rude there, buddy. I don't read every thread on this forum these days.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 22:08

Ignore him. He's trying to act like a bot again.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 22:32

Punisher wrote:Uhh.......

Lock it IMO!

Will you cut out this retarded bullshit? I don't care if you're 13; there's no excuse for being this damn dumb.

You seriously need to be banned for at least a good while for posting some of the dumbest, most nonsensical crap I have seen here.

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 23:18

Waffnuffly wrote:You (Punisher) seriously need to be banned for at least a good while for posting some of the dumbest, most nonsensical crap I have seen here.

Not to backseat-moderate but...

I second the motion! :B

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009, 23:54

Unfortunately, just being irritating isn't really a bannable offence.

Nothing yet has amounted to serious misconduct. Of course, these things can be cumulative...
Life is what you make of it.

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 05:10

Hellscrag wrote:Unfortunately, just being irritating isn't really a bannable offence.

Nothing yet has amounted to serious misconduct. Of course, these things can be cumulative...

Hey, it's your forum. Plenty of places don't put up with irritating posters at all :P

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 07:30

I'm just waiting for the open threat to hack the site and declare war on us. THEN you can ban him :lol:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 09:45

Well, anyway... Back on topic.

Waffnuffly wrote:Does it happen in normal Unreal coop or just Oldskool?

I tested a dedicted server in Unreal Gold version 226, and the bug did not occur. I killed the Skaarj Trooper in ExtremeBeg, and he dropped a Razorjack like he was supposed to. I guess it's an OldSkool bug.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 16:54

because to break it down in a nutshell for you:

The skaarjtrooper has a tossweapon() function (I think it comes from pawn) which tells it to throw its WeaponType (found in default properties for that particular skaarj. i.e. skaarjgunner, skaarjsniper, skaarjinfantry, etc.

defaultproperties
{
WeaponType=Class'UnrealShare.Eightball'
}

my guess is that there is a faulty tossweapon() function in pawn for oldschool (or one that varies). What you can do is compare the tossweapon() function in Unreal 226b with Unreal 436 oldschool to see any significant difference between the two functions. I hope this helps

edit: I also wonder.. if your going to update oldschool.. wont it create version mismatches? maybe you should rename the fixed .u to OldSchoolLH.u to prevent that from happening

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009, 21:17

jackrabbit wrote:because to break it down in a nutshell for you:

The skaarjtrooper has a tossweapon() function (I think it comes from pawn) which tells it to throw its WeaponType (found in default properties for that particular skaarj. i.e. skaarjgunner, skaarjsniper, skaarjinfantry, etc.

defaultproperties
{
WeaponType=Class'UnrealShare.Eightball'
}

my guess is that there is a faulty tossweapon() function in pawn for oldschool (or one that varies). What you can do is compare the tossweapon() function in Unreal 226b with Unreal 436 oldschool to see any significant difference between the two functions. I hope this helps

edit: I also wonder.. if your going to update oldschool.. wont it create version mismatches? maybe you should rename the fixed .u to OldSchoolLH.u to prevent that from happening

Hah, don't worry man... You should see how many official game files I have modified. I have simple batch files that swap in and out the old files with the new ones with one click. If I want to play online, I just click the batch file "uninstall modified SP files", and they will be renamed temporarily. If I want to go back to my enhanced stuff, I just click on "Install modified SP files". I also have batch files to swap the High Res. textures, so I can load up maps in UnrealEd without problems. I don't believe in having two installations of UT, so I just have one mega installation with lots of config files and batch files. I think my installation has worked it's way up to 22gb. :P

Anyway, I'll compare the code tonight and see what I can find out.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009, 02:17

interesting idea (switching mods using .bat files)

Next