Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[ut] Unreal: Battle for Na Pali shelved

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 13:45

redeye wrote:But, just how far did you get on it all, 10% 50% ?

The last update is here.
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 14:58

Ghost wrote:
Jethro wrote:Sounds like kind of good-bye to me :(
I'm really sorry to hear the project is put on hold, because, AFAIK, none of projects that gained this status before were ever resumed.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing :|

Ditto... :(

However.. joined forced would work better.. for the other projects as well as a revived BfNP

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 15:13

Real shame to hear about this. I was looking forward to playing BFNP sometime in 2008-2009! I just hope that it does not get axed like a whole load of other big projects have over the years.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and hope. Best of luck to Red Nemesis/UnrealSP on completing RD & BFNP!

I'm also wondering whether Red Nemesis will return the favour.
StalwartUK

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 17:03

StalwartUK wrote:Real shame to hear about this. I was looking forward to playing BFNP sometime in 2008-2009! I just hope that it does not get axed like a whole load of other big projects have over the years.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and hope. Best of luck to Red Nemesis/UnrealSP on completing RD & BFNP!

I'm also wondering whether Red Nemesis will return the favour.

If BfNP gets axed you can be sure to see some of the maps released stand alone or a in deja-vuish map pack.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 17:29

It was planned this way between the members involved in both projects to ease alot of the wasted potential and give both projects the attention they deserved. Since RD is much further along, it was decided to go that way. It would have been the otherway around if BFNP had more content to work with than RD.

The goal is to finish both projects, not to scrap one in favor of the other. However, it all depends on how RD progresses now and how many involved in our little project inbreeding truly stick around for both. But still, the intention was to benefit both projects, not just one. I hope we can pull it off.

Worst case scenario, RD will come out followed later by a very developed Deja Vu 2. But we're trying to avoid that.

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 19:19

I really hope that any of the completed material is being stored safely on multiple locations, if possible that any member holds a full archive of the current content.

Things have gone lost too often in the past.

By the way: I'm not too happy to hear that it has been shelved. Over the years I've been watching many Unreal projects evolve, and the majority of the 'shelved' or 'on hold' projects failed forever. It just isn't promising anything good...

zagabar
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 19:24

What is this RD-project? I must have missed it.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 19:52

zagabar wrote:What is this RD-project? I must have missed it.

HEATHEN!!!!!!!
RD=Residual Decay the other big project, there's a forum for it.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008, 20:14

redeye wrote:Seeing as how I am excluded in the SP community by default, I don't know any of the "inside" talks and workings of any team.
But, just how far did you get on it all, 10% 50% ?

all maps, no code yet?
all textures, no maps?
all code with basic BSP's?
or several all perfctly done maps ready to go? or 5,6, 7 maps to go?

or is it because of too stiff of standards of perfection.
I been playing some old games, and I must say all the imperfections to me go un-noticed while playing.
sure some cool areas or fights we all want, but trying to make a quake4 looks in a game with tough code or no meshes can be unrealistic.

A bunch of maps, one or two of which are pretty much complete, several excellent texture sets and music tracks, and the beginnings of a revolutionary new OpenGL renderer. One functioning weapon. No creature models, though, and most of our code hadn't been done.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shadow

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2008, 14:00

shit, sad to hear all this :/ I really hope it WILL be finished in the future!
If it should help: after my SDK I'm open for every project offering my help and support concerning UScript/C++/Shader/Render Coding, Mapping (SP and MP) and Musics.

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2008, 21:47

zagabar wrote:What is this RD-project? I must have missed it.

You can't miss it. There's the RD website in BU (down at the moment however), Mister_Proph's signature, and the forums below TUSP. :P

User avatar Lone Wolf
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 15:12

Hellscrag wrote:jj - There's really nothing "Deja Vu style" about the way Team UnrealSP has worked on BfNP. That's really irrelevant, though: the offer of possible future help is appreciated.

One thing's for sure: If BfNP is ever revived, its mappers, modellers etc will need to work much more efficiently than they have done for the 4-5 years since BfNP was announced.

:o it has been 5 years ? Good lord time is going by fast. And I'm not getting any younger :(

lw
My little corner of the net
www.lone-wolfs-den.com Stop by the farm and see what we are up to.
www.the-farm.lone-wolfs-den.com

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 19:51

Lone Wolf wrote: :o it has been 5 years ? Good lord time is going by fast. And I'm not getting any younger :(

I know how you feel!

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008, 20:12

Hellscrag wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote: :o it has been 5 years ? Good lord time is going by fast. And I'm not getting any younger :(

I know how you feel!

Yeah.. I thought it was 2, MAYBE 3 years... :P

User avatar GenMoKai

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2008, 00:38

Yes i know. im very late to response to this thread :( i was ill, anyways. We are not talkin about me ;)

To bad there is a Hold on on BfNP, and agian to bad i cant help with coding stuff, i dont got a faint idea how to script/code my own stuff (only the simple basic new pawn classes) but that wont be enough ;)

I hope you you guys will catch up later :)

Previous Next