Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[RELEASED] Shivaxi - Marooned

The archive for the 10th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Community Vote: Marooned

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2011, 01:11

6%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
29%
35%
29%

Total votes: 17

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Shivaxi - Marooned

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 04:27

here's my half-assed pos island map...no boat map...that's on my desktop and that's at another house atm...couldnt even touch this one up as I lost my mouse apparently...mapping with a laptop mouse touch pad is impossible...

nothing got done cause of IRL shit hitting the fan...but hey, im in my (rather empty atm) new apartment woo \o/ more time for mapping and modding? probably not, but oh well.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ogn5g
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 04:51

Atmospheric! I liked those firefly type things. :tup:

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 09:46

I agree that the atmosphere is great. This would be a great flyby map to a larger pack. :)
[spoiler]Is there anything to do apart from go sightseeing on the island and fall off the edge of the map ( :P )?[/spoiler]

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 11:02

Nice isle! It could be combined with ebd's maps as beginning or purpose of the journey.
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011, 16:14

After looking around for a button, a hatch or whatever, i decided to take off into the ocean, and found my demise off the edge :P

overal very short lol, i'd use it as an entry map if it performed better though :P

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011, 04:32

Turboman wrote:After looking around for a button, a hatch or whatever, i decided to take off into the ocean, and found my demise off the edge :P

Same experience for me. :P Funny little map. Makes me think of Zoras stuff for some reason
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 00:55

Just tried this one. The island is quite atmospheric, but there's not much else to say as it's pretty much a tiny concept map for now.
Formerly Mman

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 11:08

Had a little time left yesterday evening so decided to play this one (I had forgotten all about it). And ... I wish I really had forgotten about it.
There's nothing wrong about the map, but then again with regards to the contest, there's nothing in it that warrants entry into the contest.
Sorry Shiv, I know what you are capable of and perhaps this map is just a stage in development but as it is, I feel you should have left it out.

Don't take this personally, as I mentioned your previous work still tickles me and I enjoy your ideas and implementation. And I am still looking forward to your next releases. This one, I'm forgetting it already - huh? forgetting what? pff don't even know it anymore, Let's forget about it, OK?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 19:36

:P

Just wanted to throw something into the contest for the hell of it...completed or not...which this is obviously not complete...and I never had the time to due to RL stuff etc. Originally I wasnt going to submit it, but Peanuts told me to, and the lack of entrants inspired me to release SOMEthing rather than nothing.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011, 22:36

Shivaxi wrote: Originally I wasnt going to submit it, but Peanuts told me to, and the lack of entrants inspired me to release SOMEthing rather than nothing.

That's sometrhing I only realised after posting, so I take back my remark about it being better not to have released it.

Anyway, the next time you release a good map, I promise I'll review it very favourably :wink:

Previous